FL - Yet another mother in FL to loathe, Palm Beach

Police: Mother of 4-Month-Old Highly Intoxicated

WATERTOWN, N.Y. — A.Y. 29, of *** * Dr., Apt. ***, was charged at 8:40 p.m. Wednesday with endangering the welfare of a child.

Watertown police said they responded to her home at about 3:52 p.m. Tuesday and found her to be intoxicated to the point she could not care for her four-month-old daughter whom she thought was missing. She was transported for medical attention due to her intoxication level, they said.

Snip~

And this one. What the heck is going on with people? There are two more in the same town in the past couple of days. :furious:

:eek:

sorry, I ain't ready to hang her yet!

We have no idea if they all were taking naps and the twins woke up and ventured outside. I would imagine twins could be exhausting. If there is no history of such incidents and no prior contacts with CPS and she wasn't high or drunk ...I can see how this could have been simply an accident.

I totally agree, this happened to my mom. I had already moved out and she had my 2 year old sister. My mom sleeps reallllllly hard and my sister was always an escape artist. They were napping and my sister got up and opened the door and walked down the road. Someone saw her and called the cops who brought her back to my mom. My mom felt so terrible that I dont believe she took a nap until my sister was over ten! So I can see how this could happen.

I can testify to 3 year olds and the "great escape".
My mommy was shopping and dear old dad was minding me. He made me take a nap so he could snooze on the couch. Well, this smarty pants climbed out the window, went and played down the street until the ice cream truck showed up. I forgot and ran in and hollered "can i get some ice cream?". Well I woke dad up and he figured out how I got out. Got my butt beat and put back to bed.:eek:

If that would have happened today, you would be in foster care while your parents went to parenting classes and therapy.

Did you try that again ?

So maybe the kids did manage to pull off some grand escape when Mommy thought they were tucked in bed sound asleep....Still doesn't account for the fact that the neighbor was
and their ever-attentive Mom couldn't manage to wake up long enough to answer.
Nor does it explain how
I think we've all read here long enough to know what causes this type of behavior....
'jus sayin.

You may well be right, I'm just not ready to make that leap. Maybe she was sick and up late? Who knows..........I need more information

Hey, even if she is a horrid mom and the children needed to be taken away...what was HER first reaction to being asked where her children were...

She cried until told they were safe...I give her mommy points for that...it is better then someone else we know.....

oh, that's right we all grieve differently.:bang:

Did you guys read the police report? In it she does say that the twins used a stool to escape but the officer noticed that the bar stool was eight feet away from the door. :waitasec:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/palmbeachpost/pdf/local_news/2009/KenyaWilliamsPC.pdf

Interesting Police report. This has happened in the past at least once, because the mother stated she put a chain lock on the door because of it. (not word for word, my reading of the doc).

I've had this happen once. My three yr old followed his Dad out the front door when his Dad left for PT at 5 AM and didn't lock the door behind him. (O/T but that was the last time my Husband forgot to lock the door, because I lit into him like the fourth of July) but my neighbor heard him in the yard crying his heart out sitting on the front porch and brought him inside to me and woke me up (bedroom was upstairs). Out of all the kids I raised it only happened once.

I also had a "climber" he could scale a chain link fence faster than a spider monkey. I would be in the backyard with him and turn my back for just a few seconds and whoosh he was over the fence and heading for the swing set next door, even though my kids had a nice one themselves.

The fact that it's reported that this happened at least twice makes me wonder if this Mother doesn't need some advice and intervention. I don't have enough info to make a judgement but I think that visit from CPS is in order just to be sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back