FLDS appeal to President

Not as listed, but he could be "borrowing" office space. The suite # on the letter is three numbers off from that of the listed attorney's address. I'm wondering how many calls have been made to that cell phone?
Or if the attorney is even aware that his addy has been used.

I couldn't figure out how he was able to get close to the Bush Ranch. To get anywhere near where GW is would be close to impossible. At thw wedding of his daughter???? Can you imagine how many terrorists would of loved to of been able to get close enough to give a letter.

Its just another ploy of the FLDS to call all the government communists again.

LOL, maybe someone ought to call the number and ask if they are aware the FLDS is giving out their number and address.

Here's the link to the letter sent to President Bush. http://www.captivefldschildren.org/Pres Bush Letter 5-10-08.pdf

cc: to Vice President Cheney. Interesting to read how they've turned the truth 180 degrees.

From this "letter": "armed militant force", "unholy defiling of the Temple","conditions worse than those used for prisoners of war"

???WTF???:confused: Who in the heck do they think they are kidding???:waitasec:
The "temple" had a bed in the sanctuary for deflowering young virgins. Since when is CPS an armed militant force??? Conditions worse than POW's??? I think NOT!!! They are the ones using waterboarding.

That letter to President Bush is full of blatant lies and the use of extremist language!

I sincerely doubt William Jessop would be able to get anywhere close to President Bush's ranch on the day of the wedding. I feel it's a propaganda stunt on the part of the FLDS.

From the Salt Lake Tribune:
But it's questionable how close Jessop could have got to the Texas ranch on a weekend when Bush's daughter Jenna wedded Henry Hagar in a private ceremony at the ranch. Security was tight in the area around the ranch, and even White House-credentialed reporters weren't allowed near.
And since the 2001 anthrax scare in Washington and New York, people attempting to deliver letters to the White House or other top government properties typically are turned away. Secret Service agents do not accept letters on behalf of the president, either.
I agree. I doubt good ole Willie got within ten miles of the ranch. He probably talked to and gave the letter to a neighbor down the road and they tossed the letter in a burn barrel. But, it made the media. That's probably their intent anyway.

They've sent letters to the governors of Texas, Utah and now to the President... to the very same officialdom that they eschew and revile.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9226157
Willie Jessop said he delivered the 10-page letter on Saturday to staff members outside Bush's Texas ranch, where daughter Jenna Bush got married. Jessop said he had a cordial conversation with presidential staffers who promised to get back to him. The letter protests an "invasion" by Texas authorities and a "mock" custody hearing for 464 children and young adults taken from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700224855,00.html
I was not there to make a political statement or to detract in any way from the wedding," said Jessop. "I just wanted to deliver the letter. Staff members for the president took the letter, read it, and we talked about its contents. It was a cordial, sensitive meeting. They were great and said they would get back to me."

Jessop's letter includes an invitation for Bush, first lady Laura Bush and members of the president's staff to visit the YFZ ranch. "Patriotism is shown when elected officials are willing to stand up and defend the Constitution," Jessop writes. "We are not asking them to agree with the beliefs of an unpopular religion, but to defend human rights that have been violated by these unprecedented terrorist acts."

Intriguing letter to the President! If I could count how many times Mr. Jessop mentioned Terrorism. Likely, the President gave the okay for the State to proceed. If not then, I'd like to see his response. Not at all good PR to have a wedding in TX, during all these raids. Tacky!!

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700226177,00.html
"an open letter to the governor of Texas and to the judge who ordered all of the children be placed in state custody has been posted on a new FLDS Web site, truthwillprevail.org."

"written by 80-year-old church member Samuel W. Roundy"

"Now let us do a little comparing between your (the world in general) lifestyle and ours. Your divorce rate is over 50 percent of all marriages. Ours is less than 1 percent," Roundy wrote. "Your system generates infidelity, adultery, venereal disease, whoredom, homosexuality, drunkenness, lawlessness, drug abuse, thieving, cheating and murder, and as Isaiah prophesied, your women rule over you and your children are your oppressors. Satan sponsored the movement called women's liberation to thwart the principle of God that man should be the head of the house," he wrote."

"We do not have policemen because we have no law breakers. We leave the keys in our cars, and we can leave our tools where we quit working ... ," he wrote. "The false accusation that our driveway is locked to keep people in is nonsense. The purpose is solely to keep you dear people out of our midst so that we do not have to tolerate your misconduct."

And just think, these are the people who are trying to get our sympathy! :crazy:

Let's see:

Divorce rate is less than 1%= does that count reassignment of families?

Infidelity, adultery: Well that remains to be seen. But it appears to me that if a man lusted after another woman, all he would have to do was try to find something about the man to tattle about.

Homosexuality= Now that one, I don't know about. Sexual abuse of young males is not considered homosexuality.

Whoredom= maybe not whoredom, but incest is worse.

Drug abuse and drunkeness= maybe not, drugs and alcohol are probably hard to get in their community. But then do we really know what they are doing when away from the home?

Cheating= Uh, I believe that welfare fraud is a form of cheating. Shoddy contract work is a form of cheating.

Murder= I do believe there have been accusations about that. Of course it is mainly women and children, so in his eyes that probably doesn't count.

No law breakers: Uhhh, this one I have a real problem with. According to the law polygamy is against the law. So is sexual contact with a child under the age of consent. And child abandonment. So is welfare fraud and some contract violations.

The walls are to keep people in: Then why do women have to run under cover of night?

BTW, that letter from Willie Jessop- he's the former bodyguard to Warren Jeffs. It
seems he's in a position of power now.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080512.POLYGAMY12LETTER/TPStory/National
In the letter, Mr. Jessop compares the raid to a terrorist act, with homes being broken into without search warrants, unarmed fathers forced to the ground with rifles pointed at their heads and screaming children torn from their mothers' arms.

Crusading politicians and ex-FLDS members have exploited the FLDS faith by participating in sensational media productions and lucrative book deals, he states. Child-protection workers mocked, vulgarly cursed and threatened young women who were taken into custody. Boys were detained in conditions worse than those used for prisoners of war, Mr. Jessop said.

PFFFT!!!!

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/05/polygamists-lobbying-their-cau.html
Some of the guests at a fundraiser for the Travis County Democratic party - around a going away party for outgoing chair Chris Elliot - on Tuesday night were surprised to see two women with long braids and prairie dresses lobbying a group of legislators

"One was the mother of a two-year-old, and the other said she had five children under age 9. They were talking, one observer unconnected to the case said, about how their children had been sent to places like Waco and San Antonio, how the five siblings had been split into three groups, and how the children had been "physically torn" from out of their mothers' arms "in a way that was traumatic" and that it was all caught on video."

As an aside: That video hasn't gotten out, to my knowledge, and the mothers were allowed to go with their children to the shelter when they were originally removed (although that's unusual) - and they were allowed to stay with many of them throughout the hearings before the kids were placed into foster care. So I'm not sure where or when this would have occurred, and they weren't specific. "

BTW, that letter from Willie Jessop- he's the former bodyguard to Warren Jeffs. It
seems he's in a position of power now.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080512.POLYGAMY12LETTER/TPStory/National
In the letter, Mr. Jessop compares the raid to a terrorist act, with homes being broken into without search warrants, unarmed fathers forced to the ground with rifles pointed at their heads and screaming children torn from their mothers' arms.

Crusading politicians and ex-FLDS members have exploited the FLDS faith by participating in sensational media productions and lucrative book deals, he states. Child-protection workers mocked, vulgarly cursed and threatened young women who were taken into custody. Boys were detained in conditions worse than those used for prisoners of war, Mr. Jessop said.

PFFFT!!!!

"No warrants"? Then what was that legal piece of paper that LE obtained before entering into the compound? Or that other little legal piece of paper that CPS obtained before they took the children? They need to have their attorneys explain to them just exactly what a warrant is!

LOL, someone needs to tell Jessop that this ain't Short Creek! These days we have video! There were photogs all over that raid, and if anyone had the chance to get a photo of a "father forced to the ground with rifles pointed at their heads" they would have taken the pic. But none have surfaced.

As far as the the "screaming children pulled from their mother's arms" then why was there video of children AND their mothers quietly walking to the buses?

On the inside, maybe there isn't as much recorded but if they are going to lie that badly on what happened the day of the raid, I sure am not going to believe what they say about while they are in custody!

You know, if the FLDS weren't trying to float so many outright, easily refutable lies they might actually gain some sympathy. But the way they are going, they are going to alienate everyone. Including those who might have offered any measure of sympathy!

You know, if the FLDS weren't trying to float so many outright, easily refutable lies they might actually gain some sympathy. But the way they are going, they are going to alienate everyone. Including those who might have offered any measure of sympathy!
I think they already have and might alienate more as time goes on.

I just got to see the video of Shep at Fox interviewing the Docksteaders and Willie Jessop. (Shaking head) what a..... (fill in blank.) He might be a "big man" inside the flds, but he surely isn't outside it.

Edited to add: Perhaps it's a case of "If we say it loudly enough and long enough it'll draw everyone's attention away from the real issues and it'll become true."

I missed that one mollymalone!
I'd of loved to of seen it.

cheko, someone was gracious and posted the link to the video on one of the threads, that's how I got to see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back