Fleet White

sissi said:
I can't share the opinion of Steve Thomas as seeking justice for Jonbenet. He was seeking power and running on ego, but that is just my opinion.
Atleast he walked the walk.

RiverRat,

Thanks for that post. Have been on vacation and just now reading it. One thing for sure Fleet White was very long winded. Too bad, no one was listening or one or both of the Ramseys would be in jail no!

mjak said:
At first I was very suspicious of Fleet White. However, as time as gone by and I have read more and more information I have become more and more convinced that he is not involved. I do believe he believes the Ramseys are responsible for Jonbents death . I always go back to the fact that he did not see Jonbenet in the room in the basement when he checked. The excuse givnen for this has always been the lighting. My feeling is this was a man looking for a missing/ kidnapped child. He was not just taking a cursoray look around a little room. I belive if he did not turn the light on it was becuase he was able to see just fine with out it and jonbenet was not there. Thus, when her body did show up there he became very very suspicious of John Ramsey. As no one else could have moved her there.

mjak
I did so too think about the Great White Fleet. But if I had that Dream Team of Lawyers, I would have been into his house and turned over all those kidnap crime movies. Another dead end.

I belive if he did not turn the light on it was becuase he was able to see just fine with out it and jonbenet was not there. Thus, when her body did show up there he became very very suspicious of John Ramsey. As no one else could have moved her there.

mjak
Detectives Gosage and Thomas reenacted the scene with the same lighting conditions and a blanket was put where JB's blanket had lain, but neither could see a thing in that pitch-black room. Remember also that JB's body was lying to the left of the door and not right in front of the person who would be standing in the doorway.
I don't believe John Ramsey would have had the nerve to move JB's body around with detectives already in the house.
I think JonBenet was put in the wine cellar before the police and the Whites arrived, and when John stod at the threshold to that dark room with Fleet, he could not 'see' JB either, but he knew she was in there and acted as if he had just detected the body.

rashomon said:
Detectives Gosage and Thomas reenacted the scene with the same lighting conditions and a blanket was put where JB's blanket had lain, but neither could see a thing in that pitch-black room. Remember also that JB's body was lying to the left of the door and not right in front of the person who would be standing in the doorway.
I don't believe John Ramsey would have had the nerve to move JB's body around with detectives already in the house.
I think JonBenet was put in the wine cellar before the police and the Whites arrived, and when John stod at the threshold to that dark room with Fleet, he could not 'see' JB either, but he knew she was in there and acted as if he had just detected the body.

rashomon,

That is what I call wishful thinking.

The only way he would know if she was in there was if he placed her there himself!

Do you have any information about John's disposition that morning, was there anything that may have occluded his sight, was he wearing glasses, had he been crying etc?

sissi said:
No, the little card could easily be slipped into gifts , and handed off to neighbors, I am interested in the "and hence" that RR says is in a writing ,where Jonbenet is said to be quoted in first person, that RR claims existed. It may, and I am very interested in reading it.

Patsy would never be caught "slipping" her Christmas letters into gifts...So tacky!

Family and friends did not receive Patsy's Christmas letter until after JonBenet's death. It was the 1997 Christmas letter that contained the words "and hence".

UKGuy said:
rashomon,

That is what I call wishful thinking.

The only way he would know if she was in there was if he placed her there himself!

Do you have any information about John's disposition that morning, was there anything that may have occluded his sight, was he wearing glasses, had he been crying etc?
UKGuy,

Sorry for not having been clear enough - I just saw I left out a crucial element in my post. It should have read:

I think JonBenet was put in the wine cellar by John before the police and the Whites arrived, and when John stood at the threshold to that dark room with Fleet, he could not 'see' JB either, but knowing she was in that room (because he himself had put her there), made it appear to FW as if he had just 'detected' the body ("Oh my God!").

While I think it possible that John moved JB to her 'final place' in the wine cellar from another basement room, I don't think he would have dared to do that with the detectives already in the house. I believe he moved her there before the police arrived.

Do you know in which basement room Patsy's paint tray was kept?

rashomon said:
UKGuy,

Sorry for not having been clear enough - I just saw I left out a crucial element in my post. It should have read:

I think JonBenet was put in the wine cellar by John before the police and the Whites arrived, and when John stood at the threshold to that dark room with Fleet, he could not 'see' JB either, but knowing she was in that room (because he himself had put her there), made it appear to FW as if he had just 'detected' the body ("Oh my God!").

While I think it possible that John moved JB to her 'final place' in the wine cellar from another basement room, I don't think he would have dared to do that with the detectives already in the house. I believe he moved her there before the police arrived.

Do you know in which basement room Patsy's paint tray was kept?

rashomon,

No problem thats clearer.

I'm not certain there was a designated place for the piant-tote and easel etc, possibly wherever Patsy decided to leave it.

LHP in PMPT Lawrence Schiller pp. 198-202
Patsy started taking a painting class, and JonBenet drew a lot with crayons and MARKERS. People and flowers. They had a big easel, but most of the time JonBenet painted on a card table in the butler's kitchen. Patsy had her paints and brushes in a white paint tote. Sometimes she asked me to take her paints down to the basement. "I don't want to see it." On the day of the Ramseys' Christmas party, I took the paint tote downstairs.

Downstairs may simply be the hallway leading to the wine-cellar, or simply after you go through basement entrance door, anywhere convenient, since there is a lot of space till you reach the other doors.

A lot of people conflate the paint-tote and the wine-cellar, or use the word 'room' for its location down in the 'basement'.

There are a lot of points that can be raised wrt the paint-tote and JonBenet being discovered in the wine-cellar.

Personally I would discount John moving the body there prior to the 911 call, since the crime-scene staging was incomplete, JonBenet had not been redressed in her Barbie Nightgown and her white-gap top removed to her bedroom. Something that would only take minutes to do, and there would be no reason not make certain that this was done before making the 911-call.

I do not think she was killed in the wine-cellar either, the abrasions and contusions on her torso, were enveloped in the white blanket.

The upper part of her body, not wrapped, was the focus of the wine-cellar staging. Although the latter is speculation, I've made it, so to suggest her wrapped torso, was the focus of a prior staging.

JonBenet may have been killed in the basement, but the wine-cellar seems to offer no utility to a perpetrator, particularly when it comes to enacting a staging.

"I don't want to see it." Apparently Patsy has things taken down to the basement that she doesn't want to see...........!

mjak said:
Well the fact is that Fleet White says he did not see her.

mjak
Yes it is a fact that FW says he did not see her but it is not a fact that FW did not see her. That has never been proven to be a fact and can never be proven.

aussiesheila said:
Yes it is a fact that FW says he did not see her but it is not a fact that FW did not see her. That has never been proven to be a fact and can never be proven.

aussiesheila,

You are indulging in wishful thinking.

That has never been proven to be a fact and can never be proven.
If there is ever any resolution to this case then your latter statement will be contradicted, since we will discover the sequence of events prior to and after her death.

sissi said:
IMO, I saw a style, and a usage of phrases and words that reminded me of the ransom note.jmo

respect your business

country that it serves

At this time,
daughter in our possession

arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a earlier pickup of your daughter.

------

familiar with law enforcement

You are not the only fat cat around

fat cat = rich and powerful IMO

Just to bump this back up to the top, Sissi may have a point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back