For WM3 supporters re if Echols admits guilt

I guess the WM3 are talking out both sides of their mouth.

Admits guilt in one breath, but denial of doing it in the public eye.

Sounds like they are a little afraid maybe. Almost like Casey Anthony going into hiding.

They did say in court that they are innocent, but are accepting deal because it's in their best interest.

Under the deal, they stated in court that they were innocent but because there may be enough evidence to convict them they take the plea. Agreement is that the sentence is for time served, probation imposed but they can leave the state.

IMO it is the prosecution that is talking out of both sides of its mouth. One the one hand, the prosecution still says these are three men who brutally murdered three little boys...but on the otherhand, we agree to let them walk free because we might not have evidence to convict them at retrial and none of the DNA matches them.

The prosecution is protected from lawsuits by this deal. The WM3 get to go free.

Not a satisfying conclusion for either side, but IMO at least three innocent persons have been freed.

The key word in the statement I placed in bold is "may" be found guilty at a retrial.

I think both sides agreed because neither sure could win a new trial.

Possible, but Ellington stated in his PC that he felt that the new trials would return not guilty verdicts. He was trying to imply that the reason he accepted the deal was the possibility that they would be found not guilty. However, he blows his own cover when he goes on to talk about the lawsuits that could be brought and the multimillion dollar settlements that could result. This was about politics and money. McDaniel is running for governor and Ellington is contemplating a seat in Congress. Neither wants to cost the State more money. Ellington just wants to go to DC to spend everyone's money. McDaniel just wants to be governor. This stinks, but it got innocent men out of prison.

From all I have read about this case and the three men who were sent to prison, I do not believe they are guilty. I can see why they made the deal they did. A miscarriage of justice in this case, and the real killer(s) have not been found. Hopefully one day they will find out who did this.

Headlines are screaming that the three plead guilty to the murders, and that is not so.

Yes, it is. They legally pled guilty to murdering Chris, Stevie, and Michael.

They can "maintain" they're innocent until the day they die, but it carries no more weight than if they were expressing an opinion about the weather.

Wait until a competent psychiatrist tells DE that those with bipolar disorder should not be prescribed Imipramine. This is the medication that he was prescribed.

From the affidavit of George W. Woods, MD (not the prescribing physician):

Indeed, Imipramine - the antidepressant Mr. Echols was given daily for at least a year prior to and during his trial - is contra-indicated for the signs and symptoms of his mental illness. Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant used primarily for the treatment of depression, but has been shown to significantly increase the risk of mania and hypomania. In other words, Imipramine can expand the symptoms of depression to include manic episodes. Manic episodes, like severe depression, can include psychotic features in which the patient develops delusions, and intermittently or completely loses contact with reality. Adolescents who suffer from depression are especially vulnerable to negative side effects of Imipramine, including confusion, anxiety, drowsiness, dizziness, sedation, excitation, headaches, nervousness, and weakness. Mr. Echols reported several of these symptoms, including confusion, drowsiness, dizziness and weakness, during a clinical interview. In addition, he described in writing feeling weak and drowsy, suffering from headaches, and having vivid and disturbing dreams during his trial.
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/gwoods.html

Me: (Imipramine is a sixty-year-old cheap medication with too many side effects for even those who are not bipolar. It, and other tricyclic antidepressants, are now (usually) only used as a last ditch effort in patients with severe depression that has been resistant to other medications or people with chronic pain who take it before bedtime for its sedating effects. It is infamous for sending bipolar patients into mania. In other words, it frequently causes mania with delusions/hallucinations in people with DE's mental illness.)

Pensfan,

Damien was indigent. It does not surprise me that whoever prescribed the medication gave him a bad one. Indigent people are often misdiagnosed, given incorrect medication, etc. because the doctors treating them are often either inexperienced or incompetent, sometimes both. (BTW, if we don't get rid of Obamacare before it goes into effect, this could happen to any or most of us.)

None of the side effects you listed seem to indicate violent and/or murderous rage or actions. Damien said he suffered from some of the symptoms, but he also said that whenever he felt violent, he generally felt violent against himself, suicidal at times. And don't bring up that old "I'll scratch your eyes out" incident. Like so much in this case, that was a gross exaggeration.

As to Imipramine, I stated some time back that I believed that Damien was either over medicated or given the wrong medication. From what you have said, it seems that I was right. Again, none of Damien's problems are proof that he murdered Stevie, Michael and Chris.

I just donated to WM3, so for those that say it's over, it isn't. They want to fight, and I will be there. Freedom is fine, but innocence is better. The WM3 want to prove they didn't do it, and that's what I've wanted since I became aware of their cause. Being released, this way with the plea doesn't cut it.
The killer is still out there. His DNA is on the crime scene.
It's a shame that just being "weird" can make you guilty.

He is not admitting guilt. That is a negative spin anti-supporters are spinning. Yeah sure, they have" evidence" they could use to possibly convict them. They already did once. After the three men are free lets really look at all of the evidence and get the perpetrators in jail.
gypsy gal,
This would be a perfect siggyline.

I just donated to WM3, so for those that say it's over, it isn't. They want to fight, and I will be there. Freedom is fine, but innocence is better. The WM3 want to prove they didn't do it, and that's what I've wanted since I became aware of their cause. Being released, this way with the plea doesn't cut it.
The killer is still out there. His DNA is on the crime scene.
It's a shame that just being "weird" can make you guilty.

:woohoo: Great post.

I guess the WM3 are talking out both sides of their mouth.

Admits guilt in one breath, but denial of doing it in the public eye.

Sounds like they are a little afraid maybe. Almost like Casey Anthony going into hiding.

puuleassse ---------There is no comparison between WM3 and FCA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back