VIDEO: Search For Hassani Campbell Continues; Not Many Leads So Far
http://serve.castfire.com/video/142089/142089_2009-08-17-232342.mp4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIDEO~ OAKLAND: Foster Parents Hold Vigil For Missing Five-Year-Old
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20440487/index.html
VIDEO: $10K Reward , Vigil Held For Missing E. Bay Boy
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54196@kpix.dayport.com

I cannot help but wonder if the bio parents are involved. I know the charts point to no kidnapping but if it were a bio parent took him could that confuse things? I thought I had heard reported that the foster parents were seeking total custody, might that anger the bio parents? I guess I am just hoping that one more child was not betrayed by the people in his little life that were supposed to protect him and keep him safe from harm

I cannot help but wonder if the bio parents are involved. I know the charts point to no kidnapping but if it were a bio parent took him could that confuse things? I thought I had heard reported that the foster parents were seeking total custody, might that anger the bio parents? I guess I am just hoping that one more child was not betrayed by the people in his little life that were supposed to protect him and keep him safe from harm

Hi Sweetbaby, The bio dad is incarerated in an unknown location right now for sexual battery and the bio mom has CP and has been rumoured to have a drug issue. From videos of the bio mom, she would have difficulty looking after herself let alone arranging a snatch and keep of Hasanni.

All this MOO from what I have seen and read.

Eleph

Silence is making me nervous too Paulette - our little man Hasanni is still missing.

UPDATED: Family pleas for help to find missing boy
Family members of a missing disabled child hit the streets of Oakland again, asking for help. Their little one has been missing for more than a week.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 | 5:52 PM
<snipped>
The family members who are leafleting in the neighborhood said they are being sustained by hope and prayer. On Tuesday morning, investigators went to the shoe store and left in an unmarked car with the child's foster father, Louis Ross.

Trinity Schwabacher is Hasanni's aunt. She says somebody in the Rockridge neighborhood must know something.

"I mean this is too crowded a street  you know, cars like every five minutes. I mean come on man, somebody has got to have seen him," said Schwabacher.

This is why Schwabacher and other family members of the missing 5-year-old mobilized a dozen young volunteers from their church to hand out leaflets.

Pamela Clark is Hasanni's grandmother.

"If I didn't have hope, I couldn't do this, you know. I have hope that he'll be found safe and sound," said Clark.

"They end up finding kids after months, sometimes years so I yes, I do have hope. I pray every day," said volunteer LaShanda Collins.

They started from the shoe store on College Avenue where the boy vanished in the late afternoon a week ago Monday.

Hassani's foster dad, Louis Ross, says he briefly left him at the store's back parking space while he went into the store.

Ross says when he came back, the boy was gone.

"I'm sure somebody just grabbed him in the car and took off," said Clark.

Although police and the FBI have searched several parks, a Hayward wrecking yard and combed the neighborhood, going door to door, Hassani's godmother, Regina Douglas says they're leafleting areas investigators may have missed.

"It was said that about 300 homes did not respond to the door knocking. So we feel that needs to continue," she said.
Mark Gavriel was one of several people we spoke with who said they had never heard of this case.

"I have a Xerox machine in my house. We have to make some flyers now and put them up in Lake Merritt where I live," said Gavriel.

VIDEO: Family pleas for help to find missing boy
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6971082

VIDEO: Hassani's Father Speaks Out
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6970173

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6971039
UPDATED: $10,000 Reward Offered For Missing Fremont Boy
Updated: 12:57 pm PDT August 18, 2009
<snipped>
Ross told KTVU he has been voluntarily speaking with police daily and that on Friday he retraced his steps with investigators, showing them the auto salvage yard he had driven to with Hasanni hours before the boy disappeared.

Ross said he went there to locate a part for an old vehicle he's working on and that he had Hasanni with him the entire time.

He insisted Hasanni wouldn't have wandered off and suspects someone kidnapped him.

Hasanni's foster parents said they will hold a vigil here in the Rockridge neighborhood every Monday at 4:15 p.m. -- to coincide with the time and day of the boy's disappearance -- until he is found.

Police indicated there were no new searches Monday amid concerns that time could be running out to find the boy unharmed.

Thomason said police are still treating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case but as time goes on the chances of finding him alive may be dwindling.

"As time goes on, that is going to be our fear; that this will be a recovery," said Oakland police spokesman Jeff Tomason. "But right now, we are still treating it as trying to find a little five year-old boy."

VIDEO~ OAKLAND: Police Hope $10,000 Reward Will Offer Leads In Missing Boy Case
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20446324/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html

:angel:

Drummond: Where is the public outcry over 5-year-old's disappearance?
Posted: 08/18/2009 04:36:04 PM PDT
<snipped>
Remember when 8-year-old Sandra Cantu disappeared five months ago from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park where she lived in Tracy?

The community's response was instant and massive. Volunteers from seven counties mobilized into search teams &#8212; slogging through fields in search of the little girl. Over and over, TV stations broadcast an eerie surveillance video: Sandra, carefree, innocent, laughing and skipping on the afternoon she disappeared.

The story tugged at our collective heartstrings.

"Nightline," the "Today" show, Fox News and even Dr. Phil came calling.

Then, a dairy farmer happened upon a suitcase containing the child's body floating in an irrigation pond. Melissa Huckaby, the mother of one of Sandra's friends, has been indicted on charges of kidnapping, raping and murdering the child &#8212; the monstrosity of which I will never get my mind around.

For the past nine days, a 5-year-old boy named Hasanni Campbell has been missing. He is three feet tall, weighs 40 pounds and suffers from cerebral palsy.

Why hasn't Hasanni's disappearance garnered even a fraction of the public attention and outcry of the Cantu case?

Why isn't Oakland up in arms? How come hundreds of organized volunteers aren't out beating the bushes in search of little Hasanni? The police have gotten just 50 tips compared with hundreds in the days after Sandra disappeared. Just a handful of people showed up at a vigil Monday near the shoe store where Hasanni was reported missing. In Tracy, hundreds held vigils to pray for Sandra's safe return.

A few days after Hasanni vanished, I drove over to Rockridge. I wanted to see if I could detect any signs of something amiss. I spotted a few "Missing" fliers of Hasanni in store windows. But other than that, people were going on about their nevermind.

I doubt that you could have gone anywhere in Tracy back in late March and early April and not known instantly that a little girl was missing.

Why has the public response in these two missing child cases been like night and day?

Sandra was from a relatively small town. She was a familiar face in the mobile home park where she lived with her mother. Neighbors knew her.

The video of Sandra skipping rope helped people to connect with her emotionally. She was everyone's little girl &#8212; a real flesh-and-blood child we could all identify with.

The case also had a relatively simple plot line. Little girl goes out to play. Little girl disappears. Mom says she would never go off without asking permission. Her parents had less than wholesome credentials, but the public didn't hold that against the little girl.

Hasanni's story is more complicated. He has been raised by his aunt and her fiance since December because mom reportedly had substance-abuse problems and couldn't care for Hasanni.

But all that should matter is that a disabled little boy has been missing for nine days.

Kari Hulac was the editor for the Bay Area News Group's coverage of the Sandra Cantu case. She now works as an online editor in Oakland.

Hulac says she has also noted a big difference in public interest between Sandra and Hasanni.

"I'm trying to figure out whether it's racial, whether it's the parents' behavior &#8212; or whether people are assigning blame," Hulac said. "I thought the public response to this disappearance was going to be bigger."

Hasanni is African-American. Sandra was white and Latina.

Ross said he left Hasanni alone for a few moments. Some have been quick to accuse Ross of involvement in Hasanni's disappearance &#8212; though there is no evidence to support that.

Adam Walsh, let us not forget, was abducted from a busy Sears parking lot in Hollywood, Fla.

Speculate all you want.

The point is, a three-foot child with a serious disability has been missing for one week and two days.

How is it that we, as a community, don't seem that bothered about that?

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/columns/ci_13152886

Record your thoughts on the search for Hasanni Campbell at 1-510-495-1442
Posted: 08/18/2009 04:36:52 PM PDT
Updated: 08/18/2009 04:54:55 PM PDT
<snipped>
What do you think of the community response to the disappearance of Fremont 5-year-old boy Hasanni Campbell, reported missing from Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood more than a week ago? Oakland Tribune columnist Tammerlin Drummond wrote recently about the difference between the meager response to Campbell's case and the public attention generated by the search for Tracy resident Sandra Cantu last March.

Call 1-510-495-1442 to comment. Your recording may be posted on this web site or published in the newspaper.

Please try to keep your comments under 30 seconds.

If you have a microphone attached to your computer, you also may submit your comments by clicking on the widget in article!

Want to share your thoughts by video instead?
Submit video here:
http://yourviews.contracostatimes.com/mycapture/photos/Album.aspx?EventID=306416&CategoryID=29879

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime/ci_13152958
Family and Friends of Missing Boy Pass Out Fliers in Hopes of Finding Child
8/18/2009 6:58:00 PM
<snipped>
The family and friends of a missing 5-year-old with cerebral palsy are continuing their search for the boy by handing out fliers in the neighborhood where he was last seen.

Hasanni Campbell&#8217;s grandmother Pamela Clark and aunt Jennifer organized the group. On Tuesday they grabbed fliers and spread out to cover as much ground as possible.

&#8220;Oh it&#8217;s really hard. Hope keeps me alive,&#8221; said Pamela.

Some of the volunteers who never knew Hasanni say it&#8217;s important to do whatever it takes to find the boy.

Lashawenda Collins tells KRON 4&#8217;s Terisa Estacio why she felt the need to help, &#8220;I have nieces, I have a daughter. And my friends have kids also. And it could be one of us out here, looking.

The five-year-old has been missing since August 10th when his foster father, Louis Ross, left him next to a car parked outside a shoe store where Jennifer, Ross&#8217; fiancée, works.

VIDEO: Frustration Building In Seach For Hassani Campbell
http://serve.castfire.com/video/142701/142701_2009-08-18-232526.mp4

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...Fliers in Hopes of Finding Child/Default.aspx
More Questions For Foster Father Of Missing Boy
Posted: 5:42 pm PDT August 17, 2009
Updated: 10:52 pm PDT August 18, 2009
<snipped>
Tuesday night, police in Oakland had more questions for the foster father of a Fremont boy with cerebral palsy who has been missing for over a week.

Hasanni Campbell's foster father Louis Ross said he last saw the boy when they were in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood on Monday, August 10th.

Police confirmed to KTVU that Tuesday morning, officers brought Ross back to the driveway where Hasanni disappeared for further questioning and to retrace his steps.

Hassani, who lived in Fremont with his foster parents, Ross and Jennifer Campbell, was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland about 4:15 p.m. last Monday.

The little boy's grandmother, godmother, other relatives and volunteers were once again in the neighborhood Tuesday to hand out flyers with the boy's picture, hoping someone might have seen something that would help find him.

When asked if she thought Ross had anything to with Hassini's disappearance, the boy's grandmother Pamela Clark replied &#8220;No. No, absolutely not. I trust him completely."

Ross has been questioned several times by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, he angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy&#8217;s foster mother Campbell.

Ross told KTVU he has been voluntarily speaking with police daily and that on Friday he retraced his steps with investigators, showing them the auto salvage yard he had driven to with Hasanni hours before the boy disappeared.

Ross said he went there to locate a part for an old vehicle he's working on and that he had Hasanni with him the entire time.

He insisted Hasanni wouldn't have wandered off and suspects someone kidnapped him.

VIDEO~ OAKLAND: Police Attention Focused On Foster Father In Search For Missing Boy
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20455970/index.html

Article:

Anyone else getting that I know it's right here feeling and I can't find it? I'm going back to the charts and comments. I know together we do have the ending, break the silence.

I think the reason for lack of outcry, is that it looks like just another family situation. Thats my opinion and does not negate the need for justice. I have been following this and I am heartbroken, he was a darling child, I want to hug him every time I look at his picture.
Its not a racial thing. Maybe the public is becoming numb to this alarming trend of children molested, disappearing or killed by parents. Dear God, please bless and hold Hasanni close.

Clock is Ticking for Missing Disabled Boy Hassani Campbell
August 19, 2009 10:25 AM
<snipped>
NEW YORK (CBS) &#8220;The longer he&#8217;s out there and not found, it doesn&#8217;t look good,&#8221; Louis Ross says, choking up, in an interview about his missing foster son, 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell.

Campbell disappeared Aug. 10 in Oakland, Calif. when Ross left him in standing near the family car in the parking lot behind the shoe store where his fiancée, Campbell&#8217;s biological aunt and foster mom, Jennifer Campbell works. Upon seeing that their son had disappeared Ross and Campbell called 911 and began frantically searching.

&#8220;Hasanni does not wander away,&#8221; Ross told CBS 5 San Francisco.

How can Ross be so sure?

Hasanni was born with Cerebral Palsy, a type of permanent disorder that inhibits development of movement and posture, i.e., he had trouble walking, and according to Ross, could do so with concentration.

Contrary to early reports that described him wearing metal braces on his legs, Ross told reporters he wears plastic braces on his feet, which would not be visible over his clothes. He also said that if his son&#8217;s braces were removed he would still be able to walk, but would be looking down at the ground in focus.

Hasanni was left alone for &#8220;about five minutes, probably less,&#8221; Ross said in the same interview.

When asked what he think did happen in those five minutes, Ross tears up: &#8220;as a father, those are thoughts you don&#8217;t want to entertain.&#8221;

Jeff Thomason says Ross is mostly likely correct in his assumption that Hassani did not walk away: &#8220;anything&#8217;s possible but it&#8217;s not likely&#8230;right now no witnesses saw Hassani walking away from that area.&#8221;

The FBI has joined the search, along with several other local agencies. On the day of his disappearance a massive search was launched, including the use of a California Highway Patrol airplane and the K-9 unit. In the past eight days they have gone door-to-door in parts of Oakland and searched numerous locations, including a regional park and his foster parents&#8217; home in Freemont.

&#8220;This is a continuous investigation that will be conducted day and night,&#8221; Officer Seth Neri said in a press conference.

The Oakland PD has been in touch with the biological mother, who lives in San Francisco, and told Crimesider that she is not a person of interest at this point.

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/18/crimesider/entry5250324.shtml
VIDEO~ FREMONT: Crimestoppers Hotline Mailbox Full, Tips On Missing Boy May Be Lost
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20461158/index.html
More Questions For Foster Father Of Missing Boy
Updated: 8:43 am PDT August 19, 2009
<snipped>
Tuesday night, police in Oakland had more questions for the foster father of a Fremont boy with cerebral palsy who has been missing for over a week.

Hasanni Campbell's foster father Louis Ross said he last saw the boy when they were in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood on Monday, August 10th.

Police confirmed to KTVU that Tuesday morning, officers brought Ross back to the driveway where Hasanni disappeared for further questioning and to retrace his steps.

Hassani, who lived in Fremont with his foster parents, Ross and Jennifer Campbell, was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland about 4:15 p.m. last Monday.

The little boy's grandmother, godmother, other relatives and volunteers were once again in the neighborhood Tuesday to hand out flyers with the boy's picture, hoping someone might have seen something that would help find him.

Police told KTVU there has not been any confirmed sighting of the boy since Ross reported him missing.

Ross has been questioned several times by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, he angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,&#8221; said Ross. &#8220;You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Article:
Full mailbox hampers search for Hasanni
Police have been asking the public for help in finding 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell, who was last seen in Oakland more than a week ago. But, it turns out that tipsters who called one police hotline were not allowed to leave messages.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | 11:48 AM
<snipped>
Police do not know how long the problem existed.

The fliers police have been handing out across the Bay Area for the last week and a half show the Crime Stoppers phone number. Police say they check this voicemail every day. It is supposed to be a way for people to leave anonymous tips for investigators, but as of Wednesday morning, people could not leave any messages at all.

It has been nine days since Hasanni went missing. He was last seen by his foster father behind a Rockridge neighborhood shoe store. Police have been asking the public to call in with tips about the little boy with cerebral palsy.

But, if they called the Crime Stoppers number listed on the fliers being passed out in the Rockridge neighborhood they got a message saying, "Thanks for calling the Crime Stoppers Hotline. No messages may be taken for this mailbox. It is full. Thank you for calling."

Police say part of the problem is that one person has been calling the voicemail and clogging it with messages unrelated to the missing boy. They also say fliers passed out to the media have two other numbers listed including numbers for investigators and police dispatch. They hope people will call those.

Searches in the neighborhood and around the East Bay have come up empty and so far, fewer than 50 tips have come in.

"We do need the public's help in locating this young boy and hopefully as time goes on, we'll be able to find him. Time is against us right now. This is the ninth day that he's been missing. As time goes on, it's less likely we're going to find him alive," Oakland police officer Jeff Thomason told ABC7.

Police are still calling this a "missing person's case." They say they have a few more small leads to follow up on, but they do not have any more searches planned because they just do not have any large tips to go on.

VIDEO: Full mailbox hampers search for Hasanni
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6972900

VIDEO: Family Pleas For Help In Finding Missing Boy
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6971645

VIDEO: Family Pleas For Help In Finding Missing Boy (earlier video different than above!)
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6971082

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6972897
Tip line for missing Fremont boy is again operational as police leads dwindle
Posted: 08/19/2009 01:22:36 PM PDT
Updated: 08/19/2009 01:23:33 PM PDT
<snipped>
The police tip line for information about missing 5-year-old Fremont boy Hasanni Campbell was restored this morning after reports callers were unable to leave messages.

"We had one individual who called the tip line and left 39 or 40 messages with information that was not credible," Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. "We're contacting that person to ask them to stop, and the tip line should be open now."

Investigators are asking anyone with information on Hasanni to call 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211. If either number doesn't work, investigator Sgt. Gus Galindo is available at 510-238-7934.

We're continuing to investigate, but at this point there is no evidence that a crime was committed. It's still being treated as a missing person case, Thomason said.

"Investigators today are following up on what leads they have, but we're starting to get to that point of feeling helpless," Thomason said. "That's why we're asking anyone who saw the boy to call in and give us some facts. People calling in now are saying things like, 'I had a dream he was here,' or offering opinions. Opinions don't help. We need people to call in with facts about times and places they saw him."

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13161366
Boy's Disappearance Puzzles Investigators
Wednesday, 19 August 2009 1:13PM
<snipped>
Police in Oakland say they're frustrated by the disappearance of five-year-old Hassani Campbell, and they&#8217;re asking the public to get more involved in the search for the missing boy.

It&#8217;s been nine days now since Campbell vanished from the corner of College and Harwood in Oakland&#8217;s Rockridge neighborhood, where his foster father left him alone in the car for just a few moments.

Oakland Police Officer Jeff Thomason says the disabled boy&#8217;s foster parents are cooperating, and they&#8217;re not suspected at all of any wrongdoing.

&#8221;There&#8217;s no evidence right now that this is a kidnapping case, or that a crime has been committed,&#8221; said Thomason.

&#8221;We are asking the public to call in with any credible tips,&#8221; said Thomason. &#8220;We have received tips on our hotline, and the investigators have fielded calls. Most of the calls are people with feelings or opinions about the case, but we need people with credible information, and we&#8217;re not getting that right now.&#8221;

AUDIO: KCBS&#8217; Doug Sovern Reports
http://www.kcbs.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=3961078

Article:
http://www.kcbs.com/Boy-s-Disappearance-Puzzles-Investigators/5040613
VIDEO: Hassani Campbell Still Missing After Nine Days
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54260@kpix.dayport.com
Concern Growns Over Missing Fremont Boy
Aug 19, 2009 3:35 pm US/Pacific
<snipped>
Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said Wednesday that police are "very concerned" about a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who has now been missing for nine days.

Thomason said police are still treating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case and that there is no evidence a crime has been committed.

"We're asking the public to call if they have any credible tips," Thomason said.

He said police have followed up on all of the approximately 50 tips they've received so far but none have panned out.

On Monday, Oakland police and Crime Stoppers announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Hassani.

Thomason said one caller left about 40 unhelpful messages with Crime Stoppers and clogged its voicemail box. But the voicemail box is now open again, he said.

Thomason said police talk to Hassani's foster parents every day and that they are being cooperative.

On Saturday, law enforcement officials and volunteers searched marshland and shoreline areas at the tip of West Winton Avenue in Hayward as well as Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont but didn't find anything significant.

Thomason said police have also searched North Oakland thoroughly.

Article:
http://cbs5.com/crime/fremont.missing.boy.2.1135832.html
VIDEO~ FREMONT: Family Of Hassani Campbell Not Giving Up Search
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20466359/index.html

I wonder if LE asked the foster dad why he didn't use a cell phone to call his GF and ask her to open the back door.
I believe the charts. This was not a kidnapping IMO.

Police sought "sword or cutting instrument" in search of missing boy's home, foster father's car
Posted: 08/19/2009 08:41:05 PM PDT
Updated: 08/19/2009 10:44:57 PM PDT
<snipped>
A search warrant issued the day after Hasanni Campbell was reported missing shows that police were looking for a "sword or cutting instrument" and biological evidence from the 5-year-old boy in his foster parents' home. Authorities also confirmed Wednesday that Louis Ross, the boy's foster father, failed a polygraph test given by the FBI.

The search warrant, issued at 5:45 a.m. Aug. 11 in Alameda County, was for the home on Roxie Terrace in Fremont, where the boy lives with his foster parents, Ross, 38, and Jennifer Campbell, 30.

The warrant was also for Ross' 2002 BMW.

Police recovered a pair of latex gloves, eight DNA swabs and four fingerprint lifts from the car but took nothing from the home, authorities confirmed Wednesday. It was unclear why investigators were looking for a sword or cutting instrument.

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13164888?nclick_check=1
New Details Emerge In Search For Missing Boy
Posted: 3:37 pm PDT August 19, 2009
Updated: 10:50 pm PDT August 19, 2009
<snipped>
KTVU has uncovered new details about the ongoing police search for a five-year-old boy who disappeared in Oakland&#8217;s Rockridge district over a week ago, including what authorities were looking for when they searched the home where the boy lives on Tuesday, August 11.

One new item that surfaced Wednesday was a copy of the original search warrant issued last week to search the Fremont home of Ross and Jennifer Campbell.

The warrant was issued at 5:45 a.m. on the day after Hasanni went missing. The warrant allowed police to search inside the house where Hasanni lived as well as a 2002 BMW belonging to Ross

According to the warrant, police searched for biological evidence belonging to Hasanni, and a sword or cutting instrument.

On Wednesday, KTVU also obtained the inventory sheet that listed what officers took during the search. The list included one pair of latex gloves taken from the vehicle as well as eight DNA swabs and four fingerprint lifts taken from the car.

The inventory sheet shows no items were taken from the home, though Ross has said officers took a cell phone and paperwork.

KTVU also learned from authorities that certain evidence indicates it is unlikely Hasanni wandered off.

Law enforcement sources told KTVU that search dogs never led their handlers on what's called a "hot trail" on the afternoon Hasanni disappeared, meaning the dogs never picked up a scent that led handlers away from the lot.

Sources said the dogs did pick up Hasanni's scent inside Ross's BMW. They said the boy was either snatched by someone as he was standing by the car or he was never in the back lot that day.

Law enforcement sources confirmed to KTVU Wednesday that Ross failed a polygraph test given by the FBI last week. During previous interviews, Ross has told KTVU he answered all questions during the polygraph honestly.

KTVU also learned that the boy's foster mother Jennifer Campbell arrived at the shoe store where she works sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. on the day Hasanni went missing.

Additionally, two workers at an auto salvage yard in Hayward reported seeing Ross and Hasanni in the BMW that same morning.

On Wednesday, KTVU spoke with the father of two young daughters who lives adjacent to the lot. He says it's hard to fathom how a child could go missing without anyone seeing him.

"There's so much traffic. There's a lot of pedestrian traffic; cars coming and going at all times. There's restaurants right across the street," said Rockridge resident Steve Shochet. "It's hard to understand how someone could potentially kidnap a child with so many people who could be witnesses."

VIDEO~FREMONT: New Details About Investigation Into Hasanni Campbell's Disappearance Surface
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20471933/index.html

VIDEO~OAKLAND: New Details About Investigation Into Little Boy's Disappearance Surface
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20469034/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20467597/detail.html
Police search for a sword in Hasanni's case
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | 11:20 PM
<snipped>
After nine days of intensive searching, police are down to their last few leads in the disappearance of young Hasanni Campbell and they need the public's help. There are new details about a search warrant served the day after Hasanni went missing.

According to the warrant, police were looking for a sword or cutting instrument, biological evidence, and his foster's father's BMW.

Nine days ago Hasanni was last seen by his foster father behind a Rockridge neighborhood shoe store.

Through all of his pleas, Louis Ross -- Hasanni's foster father -- remains under a cloud of suspicion because he's the only one who can place Hasanni behind the store the day he disappeared.

"I was absolutely under a cloud of suspicion," says Mark Klass.

Klaas says the investigation for his daughter, Polly, who was abducted and murdered in 1993, could not go forward until he was cleared. The same for Ross.

"And I think at that point, the people will buy into his story a little more and you'll see a lot more public involvement in trying to recover little Hasanni," says Klaas.

Despite the cloud of suspicion, police say Hasanni's foster parents have been cooperating.

The Crime Stoppers Hotline number is now up and running. But, police say the best number for people to call is 510-777-3211, which is Oakland Police Dispatch, a number manned around the clock.

There is alot of hope to go around in the Rockridge neighborhood, but police are saying that because they have no new leads they have no new searches planned for Hasanni.

There is now a memorial for Hasanni in the parking lot where he was last seen.
Passersby like Toni Sands and her daughter cannot help but stop and wonder.

"I just wanted to go by and say a prayer, and hope that God answers it," she told ABC7.

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6972897
Oakland Police Concerned About 5-Year-Old, Now Missing for Nine Days
8/19/2009 3:52:00 PM
<snipped>
Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason says police are &#8220;very concerned" about a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who has now been missing for nine days.

Thomason said police are still treating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case and that there is no evidence a crime has been committed.

"We're asking the public to call if they have any credible tips,&#8221; Thomason said.

Thomason said one caller left about 40 unhelpful messages with Crime Stoppers and clogged its voicemail box. But the voicemail box is now open again, he said.

Thomason said police talk to Hassani's foster parents every day and that they are being cooperative.

On Saturday, law enforcement officials and volunteers searched marshland and shoreline areas at the tip of West Winton Avenue in Hayward as well as Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont but didn't find anything significant.

Thomason said police have also searched North Oakland thoroughly.

VIDEO: Oakland Police Concerned About 5-Year-Old, Missing For 9 Day's
http://serve.castfire.com/video/143219/143219_2009-08-19-225834.mp4

VIDEO: Former Prosecutor Shares His Thoughts On The Hassani Campbell Case
http://serve.castfire.com/video/143223/143223_2009-08-19-225845.mp4

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...ar-Old Now Missing for Nine Days/Default.aspx

The Last Seen chart clearly points to death by homicide, 'parental' involvement, lies and deceit (see post #1 in this Thread).

Now that we factually know Louis Ross failed the LDT and police are looking for a sword or cutting instrument, it would seem obvious who is responsible for little Hasanni's tragic fate.

Remember on 8/14/09 when Detectives pulled up to Ross's door & took him away for questioning? The chart cast for that Event shows SUN at 22 Leo --- the 'kill or be killed' degree as well as the sign & degree of being one's own worst enemy --- partile opposed JUPITER Lord 5 the Child (Hasanni). This is a solid homicide testimony...

DetectivesQuestionRoss.gif

In addition to SUN, Lord 1 MARS (Louis Ross) is also in the 22nd 'kill or be killed' degree. I find it beyond 'coincidental' that prime significators JUPITER (Hasanni) and MARS (Louis Ross) as well as SUN which denotes the essence of the Event are all in the 'kill or be killed' 22nd degree.

The Part of Death 29 Scorpio is in Fateful Degree (same degree as the NODES), as is HADES, another death marker, and TORO, an Asteroid of Brutality. These placements confirm catastrophe, tragedy, fatality.

The weight of the chart is in the 3rd House (cars, transport) and the 8th House (death).

The 3rd House of Information True or False is cardinal (Capricorn) with Lord 3 SATURN in a mutable (lying) sign. Lord 1 MARS (Ross) separates from square to L3 SATURN --- damning testimony Louis Ross was not truthful.

ETA: chart added 8/21/09

Thanks,
Soulscape

Oh my goodness......READ this article regarding previous domestic problems and a NASTY TEXT Ross sent Jennifer on 7/31/09 @ 9:50 am.

It appears something has been brewing for quite some time

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BA9419BA1A.DTL

snipped:
According to the police account, Ross sent an expletive-laden text message July 31 to Jennifer Campbell, his fiancee and the aunt and foster mother of Hasanni.

"This is f- over, I will watch her but he will be out on the BART and its your responsibility to hey (sic) him so f - you," Ross texted at 9:50 a.m., police said. The references appear to be to Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister.

Also http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...ers House Fails to Turn Up Sword/Default.aspx

Astros all: Do you see anything in the charts regarding which direction from the home at 5997 Roxie Terr should be searched for Hasanni?

Hasanni is no longer with us but needs to be brought home and laid to rest properly.

I know you are busy and may not be able to point in a direction from the information you have ..........

Eleph

Missing boy's foster dad's angry text message
Thursday, August 20, 2009
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy sent an angry text message threatening to leave the child alone at a BART platform just 10 days before Hasanni Campbell vanished, according to court documents released today.

In addition, Louis Ross "voiced some misgivings" about caring for a disabled child when he talked to officers investigating the child's Aug. 10 disappearance, according to a statement that Oakland police submitted to justify obtaining a search warrant of Ross' Fremont home.

According to the police account, Ross sent an expletive-laden text message July 31 to Jennifer Campbell, his fiancee and the aunt and foster mother of Hasanni.

"This is f- over, I will watch her but he will be out on the BART and its your responsibility to hey (sic) him so f - you," Ross texted at 9:50 a.m., police said. The references appear to be to Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister.

As for the sword, Ross said he had told police about it and that officers had later returned and picked it up. He said he kept it under a mattress.

"It wasn't a big deal," he said.

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/20/BA9419BA1A.DTL
More Information on Missing Boy
Thursday, 20 August 2009 11:17AM
<snipped>
Oakland police said that Louis Ross, the foster father of missing 5-year-old Hassani Campbell, failed a polygraph test given by the FBI.
Authorities also said a search warrant issued the day after Campbell was reported missing shows that police were looking for a "sword or cutting instrument" and biological evidence from the 5-year-old in his foster parents' home.

The search warrant was for the boy's home in Fremont, where he lived with his foster parents, Ross and his aunt, Jennifer Campbell.

Police have been scouring Oakland's Rockridge district, where the 5-year-old was first reported missing on August 10.

Article:
http://www.kcbs.com/More-Information-on-Missing-Boy/5048848
Foster Father Sent Angry Text
Thursday, 20 August 2009 12:13PM
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old with cerebral palsy reportedly sent an expletive-laden text threatening to leave the child alone on a BART platform just 10 days before the boy disappeared.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that court documents released Thursday revealed not only the angry text, but also that Louis Ross "voiced some misgivings" about caring for a special needs child when he talked to officers investigating the Hassani Campbell's disappearance.

Ross sent the angry message July 31 to Jennifer Campbell, who is his fiancee and the boy's aunt and foster mother according to a statement submitted by Oakland police to justify obtaining a search warrant if Ross' Fremont home.

The Chronicle reports that court papers show the relationship between Ross and Campbell was violent at times and that police had heard reports that Ross had threatened his fiance with a sword.

Nothing was seized from the home, but court records show that Ross voluntarily surrendered his cell phone to police.

When The Chronicle asked Ross about any domestic disputes, he downplayed them, saying he was "venting."

Ross also denied leaving Hasanni at BART and said he has been cooperating "100 percent" with police.

Article:
http://www.kcbs.com/Chronicle--Foster-Father-Sent-Angry-Text/5049050
Missing boy's foster dad sent angry text
ABC7 is learning new details on what kind of evidence investigators had searched for at the Fremont foster home of a missing 5-year-old boy.
Thursday, August 20, 2009 | 1:08 PM
<snipped>
Hasanni Campbell disappeared from an Oakland shoe store 10 days ago.

The search warrant that was issued the day after Hasanni Campbell disappeared shows that police were looking for biological evidence as well as a sword.

That search warrant was served on by the boy's foster parents Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell at their Fremont home. They took some latex gloves, DNA samples as well as some fingerprints from the car.

ABC7 received a text message from Ross regarding the sword that read: "The subject of the sword came up before the search warrant. It is the only weapon we have at the house, and was discussed with police during day one of the search during questioning."

VIDEO: Police Search For Sword In Hasanni's Case
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6974054

VIDEO: Search For Hasanni Intesifies
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6974951

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6974839
Report: Boy's Foster Father Sent Text Threat
Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm US/Pacific
<snipped>
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that court documents released Thursday revealed not only the angry text, but also that Louis Ross "voiced some misgivings" about caring for a special needs child when he talked to officers investigating the Hassani Campbell's disappearance.

The Chronicle reports that court papers show the relationship between Ross and Campbell was violent at times and that police had heard reports that Ross had threatened his fiance with a sword.

Police are maintaining that Ross is not a suspect in the case.

"In any case we keep an open mind. Whether it's a missing persons case, whether it's a criminal case, in any type of case we try to keep an open mind and we try to cover all of our bases. And that's why the search warrant was done last week and I'm not going to comment on what we were searching for or what we found," said Jeff Thomason, spokesman for the Oakland Police Department.

VIDEO: Cutting Instrument Focus In Search For Missing Boy
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54303@kpix.dayport.com

RAW VIDEO: Oakland PD Briefing On Missing Boy Auguat 20, 2009 9:47
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54310@kpix.dayport.com

Article:
http://cbs5.com/crime/fremont.missing.boy.2.1137432.html
AUTHORITIES: Missing Boy&#8217;s Father Failed Lie Detector Test
Posted: 3:37 pm PDT August 19, 2009
Updated: 9:01 am PDT August 20, 2009
<snipped>
Law enforcement sources have confirmed to KTVU that Ross failed a polygraph test given by the FBI last week. During previous interviews, Ross has told KTVU he answered all questions during the polygraph honestly.

KTVU has also obtained the original search warrant issued last week to search the Fremont home of Ross and Jennifer Campbell.

The warrant was issued at 5:45 a.m. on the day after Hasanni went missing. The warrant allowed police to search inside the house where Hasanni lived as well as a 2002 BMW belonging to Ross

According to the warrant, police searched for biological evidence belonging to Hasanni, and a sword or cutting instrument.

KTVU also learned from authorities that certain evidence indicates it is unlikely Hasanni wandered off.

Additionally, two workers at an auto salvage yard in Hayward reported seeing Ross and Hasanni in the BMW that same morning.

VIDEO~ FREMONT: Hasanni Campbell's Foster Father Sent Threatening Text Message
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20484345/index.html

VIDEO~ FREMONT: No Strong Leads In Case Of Missing 5-Year-Old; DNA Tests, Fingerprints Thicken Plot
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20481250/index.html

VIDEO~ FREMONT: New Details About Investigation Into Hasanni Campbell's Disappearance Surface
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20471933/index.html

VIDEO~ OAKLAND: New Details About Investigation Into Little Boy's Disappearance Surface
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20469034/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20467597/detail.html
Search of Hasanni Campbell's Foster Father's House Fails to Turn Up Sword
8/20/2009 9:47:00 AM
<snipped>
Police are still searching for a sword or other cutting object that they say could lead to the discovery of five year old Hasanni Campbell.

Investigators are also confirming reports Ross sent a text message on July 31st to Campbell threatening to leave Hasanni on a BART platform.

The warrant says Ross told police he had left Hasanni and the daughter home alone on a previous occasion while he went to the bank to conduct a transaction.

"He had also voiced some misgivings about caring for a developmentally disabled child during the interview," the warrant says. Ross told KRON 4's Terisa Estacio several days after Hasanni's disappearance that the child had developmental difficulties.

Ross told Terisa he left Hasanni outside his BMW but the search warrant quotes the foster father as saying the child was still inside the vehicle.

"Another concern amongst this investigator and others in the unit was the fact that this child, who was severely disabled, disappeared in a croweded business district with no witnesses while Ross took the 1-year old daughter to Jennifer Campbell who was working at Shoes of Rockridge," the warrant says.

The affidavit says neighbors told Fremont police they hadn't seen Hasanni for at least two weeks before the child was reported missing.

VIDEO: Search of Hasanni Campbell's Foster Father's House Fails to Turn Up Sword
http://serve.castfire.com/video/143721/143721_2009-08-20-120640.mp4

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...ers House Fails to Turn Up Sword/Default.aspx
Concern Grows Over Missing Fremont Boy
Aug 19, 2009 5:05 pm US/Pacific
<snipped>
Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said Wednesday that police are "very concerned" about a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who has now been missing for nine days.

Thomason said police are still treating Hasanni's disappearance as a missing persons case and that there is no evidence a crime has been committed.

"We're asking the public to call if they have any credible tips," Thomason said.

VIDEO: What's Being Done To Search For Hasanni Campbell
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54272@kpix.dayport.com

Article:
http://cbs5.com/crime/fremont.missing.boy.2.1135832.html
Foster father of missing Fremont boy sent angry text message about abandoning boy on the BART platform
Posted: 08/20/2009 03:36:29 PM PDT
<snipped>
The Alameda County Superior Court records showing that police recovered that information were temporarily available early today but were quickly sealed by police once the information about the text message got out to the media.

Information in a search warrant issued at 5:45 a.m. Aug. 11, the day after the boy was reported missing, shows that police were looking for a "sword or cutting instrument" and biological evidence (hair, blood or skin cells) from the 5-year-old boy at the Roxie Terrance home in Fremont, where the family lives. They did not recover a sword or cutting instrument and it is not clear why police were looking for such an item.

An inventory sheet from the warrant also shows that police recovered a pair of latex gloves, eight DNA swabs and four "fingerprint lifts" from Ross' 2002 BMW. Investigators took nothing from the home during the search.

Ross, 38, has not returned repeated calls for comment.

For a second straight day, Oakland police spokesman Officer Jeff Thomason held a morning news conference at police headquarters today. He said investigators have no new leads and have received no new tips about the missing boy. About 50 tips have come into police to date.

"The main goal of this case is to find Hasanni Campbell," Thomason said.

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13171008
Thank You to ecatzippy

Last 2 tweets from Ben Aguirre, local reporter

just talked to Hasanni Campbell's foster father, gave me one quote and refused to do more interviews. He'd spoken to a few TV stations. #fb
10 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

FROM Twitter: at the home of missing Fremont boy, fulfledged media circus with no one talking. 10 minutes ago!

24597946-b1ac328a9343a48a9321e62f79670c37.4a8df7b8-scaled.jpg

http://twitpic.com/en7wa

Foster Father of Missing Boy Defends Self in Interview, Says Focus of Investigation Should Be on the Child
8/20/2009 5:20:00 PM
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old with cerebral palsy is defending himself, saying the focus of the investigation should not be on him, but on his missing boy.

While Ross may not want too much focus on himself, information in a search warrant regarding a sword, a heated text message recovered from phone records and possible instances of domestic violence against Jennifer, his fiancée, has put him in the spotlight.

KRON 4&#8217;s Haaziq Madyun spoke to Ross, who says he has an explanation for all of the above, including the sword, &#8220;Jennifer is uncomfortable with the sword,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I think that may have been one of my text messages, that she didn&#8217;t like the sword in the house and I kept the sword underneath my bed for protection, it is the only weapon in the house.

Regarding the text message laced with profanity sent to Jennifer, where he threatens to leave Hasanni at a Bay Are Rapid Transit station, Ross says he never left the boy at a train station, &#8220;I said get the f-out. At the time I am responding to a comment she made and I am venting. Do I regret it? I regret it not that the world knows about it, I regret that I said it.&#8221;

With Jennifer by his side, Ross tells Haaziq there has never been any domestic violence in their relationship. Jennifer stresses that none of these things are important right now, &#8220;It doesn&#8217;t matter what you think of us, or our relationship, or anything else. Just find Hasanni.&#8221;

VIDEO: Missing Boy's Father Sent Angry Text Messages
http://serve.castfire.com/video/144505/144505_2009-08-20-230259.mp4

VIDEO: Court Documents Display New New Details On mIssing Boy's Foster Parents' Relationship
http://serve.castfire.com/video/144509/144509_2009-08-20-231211.mp4

VIDEO: Foster Father of Missing Boy Defends Self in Interview, Says Focus of Investigation Should Be on the Child
http://serve.castfire.com/video/144439/144439_2009-08-20-204455.mp4

VIDEO: Missing E. Bay Boy's Foster Dad Fails Polygraph
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54332@kpix.dayport.com

Article:
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...stigation Should Be on the Child/Default.aspx
Missing Boy's Foster Dad Fails Polygraph
Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm US/Pacific
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing 5-year-old Fremont boy with cerebral palsy told CBS 5 on Thursday that he failed a polygraph examination, also known as a lie detector test, as part of the police investigation of the case.

Despite the text threat, failed polygraph test and the execution of a search warrant at Ross' home, police maintained Thursday that he was not a suspect in the boy's disappearance.

Nothing was seized from his home, but court records showed that Ross voluntarily surrendered his cell phone to police.

In the search warrant affidavit, investigators also said they were mystified that Hasanni could disappear from "a crowded business district with no witnesses."

Further, the affadavit said bloodhounds were unable to detect Hasanni's scent outside the store where Ross said he left the boy.

The affadavit also said police believed foul play might have been involved.

The court papers showed the relationship between Ross and his fiancee was violent at times and that police had reports that Ross threatened her with a sword.

That sword was among the items that police were looking for when they searched Ross' 2002 BMW and his home on Roxie Terrace in Fremont -- where he lives with his fiancee, the missing boy and the boy's younger sister.

When Ross was asked about any domestic disputes, he downplayed them, saying simply that he was "venting." He also stressed that he had been cooperating "100 percent" with police.

Download Court Documents (.pdf)
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kpix/docs/2009/campbell_warrant.pdf

RAW VIDEO: Missing Boy's Foster Parent's
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54319@kpix.dayport.com

NEW VIDEO: Missing Boy's Father Discusses Failing Polygraph
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54318@kpix.dayport.com

Article:
http://cbs5.com/crime/fremont.missing.boy.2.1137432.html
UPDATED: Missing boy's foster dad sent angry text
There are new details about the mindset of the foster father of a missing child.
Thursday, August 20, 2009 | 6:41 PM
<snipped>
The warrant says records from Ross' cell phone revealed "a relationship that appeared to have some instances of domestic violence."

Ross says he has never abused his fiancée Jennifer Campbell, who is also Hasanni's aunt.
Rodd told ABC7, investigators kept pushing towards that conclusion during their interviews.

"They were trying to say that, they even told me that, 'So you're very emotional, aren't you, you must have got to the point where you just snapped,'" Ross said.

Ross says they were talking heatedly about a previous argument terminating their relationship and it had nothing to do with harming Hasanni.

"I said, 'this is over,' I was ending the relationship, completely; this wasn't about me getting rid of Hasanni," Ross said.

Investigators also said in the affidavit that "Ross voiced some misgivings about caring for a developmentally disabled child."

Campbell and Ross say that is rubbish.

"There was no conversation we ever had, either verbal or text message at all," Campbell said.

"Saying that we had misgivings," Ross added. "Every child in every home has their issues."

VIDEO: Missing boy's foster dad sent angry text
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6975697

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6974839
Foster father of missing Fremont boy sent angry text message about abandoning 5-year-old
Posted: 08/20/2009 03:36:29 PM PDT
Updated: 08/20/2009 06:35:09 PM PDT
<snipped>
The Alameda County Superior Court records showing that police recovered that information were temporarily available early today but were quickly sealed by police once the information about the text message got out to the media.

The last two days have brought out more questions than answers about Ross and Campbell and their roles &#8212; if any &#8212; in the disappearance of the boy.

Authorities confirmed Wednesday that Ross failed a polygraph test given by the FBI a few days after the boy was reported missing. Campbell, 30, did not take the test because she is six months pregnant and told authorities she was worried the test could harm her unborn baby.

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_13171008
Foster Parents Discuss Troubling Investigation Details
Posted: 9:34 pm PDT August 20, 2009
Updated: 11:06 pm PDT August 20, 2009
<snipped>
During the interview at their home, Campbell and Ross told KTVU Thursday they want to refocus attention on trying to find the missing boy. The couple denied allegations Ross may have had something to do with the disappearance.

They said when they gave police permission to access their phone records more than a week ago, they told investigators about the angry, obscenity-laced text Ross sent Campbell about ten days earlier during an argument.

"It's like we had an argument and we worked through it. And now it's like the argument is being twisted and turned into something it isn't," said Campbell.

"The situation resolved," explained Ross. "I calmed down and never left the house."

They also said they were the ones who told police Ross kept a sword under his bed. That sword was among the times included in the police search warrant of the home and, according to the couple, was taken by authorities last week.

Campbell and Ross showed KTVU a list of items police took from Ross's car. However, there was no mention of latex gloves disclosed in court documents as one of the items taken from the vehicle.

The couple said they volunteered to give DNA samples to police who visited the house Thursday morning so that they could be ruled out as suspects.

VIDEO~ FREMONT: Foster Parents Address Disturbing Details Of Missing Child Investigation
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20487497/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20486996/detail.html
Missing Fremont boy's foster father speaks out about Hasanni
Posted: 08/20/2009 08:02:05 PM PDT
Updated: 08/20/2009 11:47:50 PM PDT
<snipped>
I failed Hasanni the last couple of days," said Ross, 38, in a telephone interview Thursday. "Every single day I am having to defend myself, but that is wrong. By defending myself, I am making it about me. "... Think about it. "... It's not about Hasanni anymore."

The text message read: "This is (expletive) over, I will watch her (the boy's 1-year-old sister) but he (Hasanni) will be out on the BART and its your responsibility to hey (sic) him so (expletive) you," sources confirmed Thursday.

Ross said the message was not meant to imply that he planned to leave the boy, who has cerebral palsy, alone at BART but rather that he wanted to meet Campbell at a Union City BART station to give her the boy.

Ross said he sent the angry text message because the two had an argument, and he was going to end the relationship.

He said he eventually calmed down, apologized and decided not to break off the relationship. "I should not have let the situation escalate," he said.

Ross said that over the past year, he got to know Hasanni, who loved music, books and SpongeBob SquarePants. "His interest was books and people reading to him "... and even his little sister was picking up that habit from him,'" Ross said.

Hasanni also seemed to enjoy music and had a small guitar that he played, Ross said, adding that he was thinking about buying the boy a piano and had taken him to a violin teacher. Ross said that Hasanni had done "OK" in school and that the couple wanted him to understand that his cerebral palsy should not be a deterrent to success.

In fact, Ross, who is unemployed, said Hasanni "put the fire under me to be a neurologist."

"Medicine was my ultimate goal," he said, adding that he was heading to an orientation at Stanford Medical Center the day the boy went missing.

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyreview/localnews/ci_13173374

When the addresses are googled i.e. for routes from one point to another, there are several places 'Ross could have "thrown" the body easily from a vehicle, especially right before the merge. It is also a route serviced by public transit. He could have taken a "pkg" on the bus, that would explain why the dogs didn't find anything. Are there transit cameras in this city? Worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther