Forensic linguistics as investigative tool on RN

Do you accept forensic linguists as defined below as a valid investigation tool

• Im IDI forensic linguistics which does not agree with RDI is not science

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T
A question, Voynich. Think of an author whose works you know very well. Would you recognise his or her writing in other contexts do you think? I just ask because I had a Dean Koontz (sorry: we all have guilty pleasures) binge when I was bed-bound for the last month of my last pregnancy and I am 100% confident that I would recognise a Dean Koontz sentence anywhere..

Isn't this how plagiarism is detected?

Isn't this how plagiarism is detected?

Nah, any first year undergraduate fule knows that you change the words when you are going to plagiarise someone's work. Certainly, most people identify plagiarism of their work by recognising their own ideas (eg. The case against Dan Brown over The DaVinci Code and the upcoming decision on one of the Harry Potter books....)

Hodges is critiqued by McMermanin and yes, McMerminin's work can be brought to a jury and can be used by investigators. Try reading Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics and see if you feel the same way about McMermin as you do Hodges

Okay I've never heard of him but I will try to find the book. And I should have qualified my post. Dr. Hodges practices psycholinguistics, the study of the deeper mind through communication.

LOL! You're hilarious.

You can try to :liar: us but be warned that I am familiar with :princess: countermeasures and tactics.

OMG, you two are hysterical. Thanks for the good laughs...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back