Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he made statements about Mickey beginning on April 20, almost a month before her abduction/murder? That leads me to believe that this was planned, and was not a crime of opportunity.

Also, regarding the women's ID's found in his home: I hope that even if they took the DP off the table in Mickey's case, they can pin it on him for another victim if they can link him to the disappearance of other women from some of the missing women's ID's.

I hope they also start digging up all around where they found Mickey, to see if that was a spot he used more than once to dispose of a body.

No, it mean that he made statements to AD not that he spoke about Mickey. It could be he talked
in generalities about things that LE can use to depict his character. This AD is the guy who was very upset when he started putting 2 and 2 together after May 26th. If BSLhad said anything about
Mickey directly, I think AD would have figured it out sooner. Besides BSL's GF was the sister of AD's wife. It's doubtful BSL would have said anything about other women to AD. He would probably
not have wanted to chance that info getting back to her.

Been away from WS for a few days. I'm relieved that Mickey has been found. Rest in peace Mickey! <3 I'm also relieved her body was found in a somewhat respectable place and position in the cemetery - she could have been found in a much more gruesome manner which would be even harder for her family (not that what happened to her wasn't sad and gruesome already). I'm shocked that BSL led LE to where she was, I thought he would stay quiet for years - he must realize that there is no way he is getting out of this one. Rest in peace Mickey.

BBM - made me think of how BSL answered the Judge's question about BSL having funds for a lawyer. BSL's response was.... "not in a case like this".

Besides BSL's GF was the sister of AD's wife. It's doubtful BSL would have said anything about other women to AD. He would probably not have wanted to chance that info getting back to her.

Jujube...Who is AD? Some of us were thinking it was DMV employee. Are they one and the same?

That is not the shocking part...what was shocking was an article posted this morning that they had to do facial reconstruction in order to identify her due to degree of composition. That in itself does not make sense, when they have access to familial DNA, etc...

Was that the article that said they were waiting for the toxocologists to id? I am sorry. Sheesh I must need more coffee. I think I am grumpy at the local press and websites clearly trying to scoop each other with the latest infered tidbit of released info.

And then on the other hand I sit here refreshing and googling, waiting for any latest tidbit.

Why do you think he went back to visit her body..they said it was buried pretty deep

He's been charged with obstruction and it states there that he revisited the scene. I don't know how to post links, but someone else posted a link to it. It was in the court papers posted on the independent .com website.

I don't believe it is an acronym. A major part of their work is to reconstruct a face over the skull of a deceased person to help make identification.
Forensic anthro computer enhancement, hija

Josh just posted a lovely message on the FIND MICKEY facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

"Be kind to each other always and always --for Mickey"....Josh Coen

Wow, what a touching message! I'm amazed by the people who Mickey knew and loved. They seem like such genuine, beautiful, strong people. I'm sure she was the same way.
Thinking of the Shunicks and all Mickey's friends, family, and community during this sad time.

I don't believe it is an acronym. A major part of their work is to reconstruct a face over the skull of a deceased person to help make identification.

It is an a acronym for Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services. I know this because I went to LSU and studied anthropology (historical archaeology). That lab is amazing and has done work all over the world. They are one of the best in the nation at reconstructing what victims looked like. It's awful that it has come to this, but rest assured that lab will figure out if it is her pretty quickly I would imagine.

Stutes’ filing indicates that the state has a “written or recorded confession or statement” Lavergne made voluntarily to Lt. Jack Lightfoot of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office at the Lafayette Police Department after he was advised of his rights in July. Also, Stutes intends to present evidence that while Lavergne was in custody of the Louisiana Department of Corrections — he served eight years for blindfolding, tying up and sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman in April 1999, less than two months before Pate was killed — he made statements relevant to the Pate case to three people identified in court filings only by initials.
In the Shunick case, he made an “oral confession or statement” to at least 13 people from April 20 to June 14, including his family members, according to the filing. Those individuals are listed by initials only or as “persons” affiliated with a law enforcement or other agency or company. It's unclear if the state plans to call all of them as witnesses.

So could be up to 13 people he told about Mickey? wow, find that hard to believe that many people wouldn't of said SOMETHING

It sounds like those 13 people were not necessarily given a confession by BSL, but what he discussed with them had something to do with his whereabouts or doings during the days of the investigation. Several of the initials are for hospitals and police station, i.e. JPSO - Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, OGMC - Opelousas General Medical Center. They are not necessary privy to anything specifically about MS. JMO

That is not the shocking part...what was shocking was an article posted this morning that they had to do facial reconstruction in order to identify her due to degree of composition. That in itself does not make sense, when they have access to familial DNA, etc...

I'm thinking that due to the condition of the body, they are using all resources available at FACES for an 'airtight' identification rather than relying only on the ME. A more certain confirmation could assist the family in coming to terms with this tragic outcome as well as provide LE with a stronger case.

I also think that BSL didn't necessarily go to the site but instead was interviewed by LE (recorded) and held in that office until the body was found (based on his description of the location).

Finally I suspect a plea deal is in the works and was part of the interview process yesterday.

~jmo~

Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services =FACES

No, it mean that he made statements to AD not that he spoke about Mickey. It could be he talked
in generalities about things that LE can use to depict his character. This AD is the guy who was very upset when he started putting 2 and 2 together after May 26th. If BSLhad said anything about
Mickey directly, I think AD would have figured it out sooner. Besides BSL's GF was the sister of AD's wife. It's doubtful BSL would have said anything about other women to AD. He would probably
not have wanted to chance that info getting back to her.

In this post I found the clues to who AD is...(thanks jujube)...it seems likely he was the guy posting on the TD forum...hope that helps! Hope that is okay to post.

I'm thinking that due to the condition of the body, they are using all resources available at FACES for an 'airtight' identification rather than relying only on the ME. A more certain confirmation could assist the family in coming to terms with this tragic outcome as well as provide LE with a stronger case.

I also think that BSL didn't necessarily go to the site but instead was interviewed by LE (recorded) and held in that office until the body was found (based on his description of the location).

Finally I suspect a plea deal is in the works and was part of the interview process yesterday.

~jmo~

What is stronger than DNA?

Was that the article that said they were waiting for the toxocologists to id? I am sorry. Sheesh I must need more coffee. I think I am grumpy at the local press and websites clearly trying to scoop each other with the latest infered tidbit of released info.

And then on the other hand I sit here refreshing and googling, waiting for any latest tidbit.

I know this sentiment will not be popular, but at LEAST he told where she is. It would be so much worse if he had kept silent, like so many others.

Perhaps he feels some remorse. And if so, possible healing and transformation.

Possible.

He can heal while he rots in prison awaiting the death penalty. Maybe I'm harse but God only knows what he did to at least two innocent women. He doesn't deserve my sympathy. What sympathy did he show his victims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl