Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be someone died and was buried there recently, and he put Mickey in that grave.

Way in the beginning there were many people here who thought she was in a cemetery.

I am not at all surprised she was found in a cemetary.
Someone posted earlier that he might have buried her on top of someone else and that made sense.
I am just wondering about the male body. Someone who went thru a traditional burial would be in a casket inside a metal box. It sounds as if they located 2 bodies. But who knows its early and details get confused.

I dont want to go to class! I wanna sleuth with you all. So not gonna concerntrate today! I thought I would feel relief when they found her, but after being happy it's gone to emptiness. Can't imagine what mickeys family and friends are going through. I am so sad that an innocent, beautiful girl who had so much going or her was taken in such vain:(... Dunno what to say

Take note when the officer in that video says the location of the graveS is off to the back not actually in the graveyard.. I hope that doesn't mean more than just Mickey has been buried behind that graveyard.

Cpl. Mouton kept referring to it as a grave site, so she was apparently buried. Somehow that is strangely comforting to me...that she wasn't in the water or just dumped.

http://www.klfy.com/category/167595/eyewitness-news-video

Check out the update titled "Mickey Shunick's Body Located 6PM".

The corporal describes the very specific info which LE received this morning, which described the exact location of the body. My thinking is if the info was that specific and exact, then the source must have been BSL (either via direct confession or via confidence in another person, who then revealed said info) or an accomplice of his.

:tyou:

I have always felt (and it's MOO) there had to have been an accomplice. There just seemed to me that there was too many unexplained trips where it would appear he had to have had a ride, i.e. If he rented that car; how did he get back home, burning of the truck; once again, how did he get back home, supposed surgery, wouldn't someone have to drive him home? I realize that most of these situations can be explained, and have been!

But, !! and IMO,

I think someone got mighty Scared and decided to try and save their backend!! And Not BSL---he's a murderous chicken, MOO!! :devil:

:grouphug:

"KATC's Jim Hummel talks to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton near the site in Evangeline Parish where a body was found in a grassy area near a cemetery between Mamou and Oakdale. Police say they were called out to the area earlier this morning on a credible tip. They say this is a different body from the deceased man who died of natural causes. They are not sure whether the body is that of a man or a woman."

BBM

http://www.katc.com/news/6-p-m-news...geline-parish-related-to-mickey-shunick-case/

So it's not confirmed if the body is Mickey or not?

I don't think anything would be left of her is she was not buried. Black bears and coyotes have cubs and pups so they hunt more often at that time of year.

Cpl. Mouton referred to it as a grave site, that to me means she was buried.

another possibility -- he told someone else (or someone else knew, somehow) -- and that person has come forward.

great question backwoods ! Seems like something or someone would have to force him into a confession. I don't believe he would ever voluntarily confess as he is ruthless we'll see. God bless the shunick family and give them healing. Thanks st. Francis, god for answering our prayers, altho the outcome is so so sad !!! She is going home as her family and friends await. Halleluhia.
These thoughts are strictly my own opinion.

The cemetery is located very close to the Allen Parish line and the town of Oakdale, but it is in fact in Evangeline Parish.

From the intersection of USHwy. 165 and LA Hwy. 10 in Oakdale, LA, drive east on LA 10 for about 7.4 miles. Turn left on Beaver Creek Cemetery Road go about a 1/2 mile. Turn left on the cemetery access road and go a 1/4 mile to cemetery.

On Charlie's FB, there is mention of a memorial tomorrow night...

His home is not in acadia. It's in St Landry. And the body was found northwest of his home in evangeline parish. Very possible that he brought her home.

Thanks! Edited my post to reflect that, so as not to cause confusion...seems even more likley in this instance that he may have taken her to his home for a while...JMO

For someone who is more familiar with the area than I am...Mickey was abducted from Lafayette, her bike was dumped in Whiskey Bay, which is about 30 miles East of Lafayette. Mickey presumably has been found in Evangeline Parish, which seems Northwest of Lafayette, and his trailer is in Acadia Parish, which is primarily west of Lafayette. Am I basically correct? If so, that seems like a whole lot of driving that had to be done between 2ish and daybreak. In light of all these locations, does it now seem MORE likely that he may have taken her to his home for at least a brief time? I really had never believed this, but now I am not so sure..Isnt his home kinda between where she was abducted and where she has been found?

Actually looking at the map his home is right about halfway between where she was abducted and where body was found.

Here is a look at a map with the general areas pinpointed. The area of abduction, where bike was found, his home, and where body was found.

http://goo.gl/maps/pX9zW

I believe I had marked the wrong cemetery. This is the updated map. Sorry.

Cpl. Mouton kept referring to it as a grave site, so she was apparently buried. Somehow that is strangely comforting to me...that she wasn't in the water or just dumped.

Thanks MamaRoux---also noticed during that interview with Cpl. Mouton, he motioned towards the right with his hand when he was describing exactly where the 'body' (hate this word btw) was found in a grassy area and not in the cemetery itself!!

I hope he didn't do this..but it's possible he put her in a casket with the male body they keep mentioning that was buried there already.

HouDat another confirmation you found the right one. Notice the tree line between the two pictures on the right: The big tree and way in the distance on the right past that big tree is a smaller one. Also look at the big tree's limb sticking out.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.6...d=BbBKRoQPP-niPd-koqbVqA&cbp=12,93.95,,0,-3.8

547942_429532063752966_2011877605_n.jpg

I think it is this one, not beaver creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45