FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came to this thread hoping Lindsey's murderer has been found. I'm so afraid this case will never be solved, but praying it will. IMO it is Dale who robbed Lindse6of her life; the phone activity and his unproven whereabouts on the night she disappeared, his connection to the area where her remains were found, his car breaking down on 7/16 and needing a ride back to Elma.... this is too many coincidences!

Was LB's skull (fragment) the only bone item recovered at the discovery site? That detail might imply actions performed by the perp.

That aspect of the case gnaws at me because of the following facts, as reported in November 2009, four months after LB's disappearance:

After four months, authorities have little evidence in Lindsey Baum case

Note: there is more information in the article than is quoted below. Most of us are already aware of the facts of the case, have been for quite some time and are frustrated by the currently-stagnant nature of the case. Of all the POI's in this case, the one referenced below appears to be a significant stand-out, regardless of innocence or guilt:

Melissa Baum said she had a run-in in July with the most publicized of the "persons of interest" in Lindsey's disappearance, a man in his early 20s who worked at a retirement home on the street where Lindsey last was seen.

Melissa Baum said the man followed her in a vehicle as she drove on Maple Street. She called police, and officers pulled the car over, court papers state.
That occurred approximately one month after LB's disappearance. All of us who have been following this case since the beginning know who that was. One thing to note is, by that time in the case Melissa Baum and her vehicle were likely known to all who lived in and around McCleary, given the significant media coverage of the case.
The man said he thought Melissa Baum's car was suspicious, "so he followed it around, thinking it might be connected with Baum's disappearance," the search warrant affidavit states.
His claim to LE did not match what he told a co-worker at the retirement home regarding his thoughts of MB's vehicle in days previous to the incident.
Melissa Baum said of the episode, "I don't trust anybody anymore."

Scott said enough residents had notified police of the man's odd behavior to spur investigators to obtain a search warrant for his and his family's properties in McCleary on Oct. 2.

According to the search warrant affidavit, the man told conflicting stories about his whereabouts the night of Lindsey's disappearance. He first told police he was working at the retirement home, but his former supervisor there said he was suspended the night of June 26.

He was a suspect in an attempted rape of a child in McCleary in 2000, the affidavit states, and he told a friend after Lindsey's disappearance that "he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered." The friend told police that he "was obsessively talking about Baum and what had happened to her; specifically, that he believed she had been kidnapped and murdered."

AFAIK, only LB's skull was recovered at the crime scene in eastern Washington. The implication is obvious. The skull had also been at the scene for years, as reported by the hunter who ultimately reported discovering it.

Will certain people who intimately know that 'person of interest' come forward with significant information or is the POI innocent? Those questions seem not to balance, since the overall circumstantial evidence regarding the POI leans toward one possible conclusion, and it is overwhelming by leaps and bounds.

Leaps and bounds. LE and prosecutors: get on with it!

Was LB's skull (fragment) the only bone item recovered at the discovery site? That detail might imply actions performed by the perp.

That aspect of the case gnaws at me because of the following facts, as reported in November 2009, four months after LB's disappearance:

Note: there is more information in the article than is quoted below. Most of us are already aware of the facts of the case, have been for quite some time and are frustrated by the currently-stagnant nature of the case. Of all the POI's in this case, the one referenced below appears to be a significant stand-out, regardless of innocence or guilt:

Melissa Baum said she had a run-in in July with the most publicized of the "persons of interest" in Lindsey's disappearance, a man in his early 20s who worked at a retirement home on the street where Lindsey last was seen.

Melissa Baum said the man followed her in a vehicle as she drove on Maple Street. She called police, and officers pulled the car over, court papers state.
That occurred approximately one month after LB's disappearance. All of us who have been following this case since the beginning know who that was. One thing to note is, by that time in the case Melissa Baum and her vehicle were likely known to all who lived in and around McCleary, given the significant media coverage of the case.
The man said he thought Melissa Baum's car was suspicious, "so he followed it around, thinking it might be connected with Baum's disappearance," the search warrant affidavit states.
His claim to LE did not match what he told a co-worker at the retirement home regarding his thoughts of MB's vehicle in days previous to the incident.
Melissa Baum said of the episode, "I don't trust anybody anymore."

Scott said enough residents had notified police of the man's odd behavior to spur investigators to obtain a search warrant for his and his family's properties in McCleary on Oct. 2.

According to the search warrant affidavit, the man told conflicting stories about his whereabouts the night of Lindsey's disappearance. He first told police he was working at the retirement home, but his former supervisor there said he was suspended the night of June 26.

He was a suspect in an attempted rape of a child in McCleary in 2000, the affidavit states, and he told a friend after Lindsey's disappearance that "he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered." The friend told police that he "was obsessively talking about Baum and what had happened to her; specifically, that he believed she had been kidnapped and murdered."

AFAIK, only LB's skull was recovered at the crime scene in eastern Washington. The implication is obvious. The skull had also been at the scene for years, as reported by the hunter who ultimately reported discovering it.

Will certain people who intimately know that 'person of interest' come forward with significant information or is the POI innocent? Those questions seem not to balance, since the overall circumstantial evidence regarding the POI leans toward one possible conclusion, and it is overwhelming by leaps and bounds.

Poor little Lindsey :( I hope they put this old case back on the front burner! p.s. I use to be designated, "a well known member", but when we changed computers over, somehow I lost that designation along the way and had to start over .

Sorry that happened to you, but glad you are back!

I guess they could never find evidence to connect any of the three Emery brothers to Lindsey, but that did seem like a good possibility.
Here's an article from a year ago.

Lindsey Baum case: Remains found by hunters in 2017 ID'd as long-missing Wash. girl

Yes, get on with it is right! The person you're talking about isn't very bright, it shouldn't be that difficult to get him to talk? It makes no sense! Justice for Lindsey, please!

It's so sad that after all this time we still don't know what happened to this beautiful little girl.

I never dreamed we would be here discussing Lindsey ten years later!! This was one of the first cases I followed here at WS. Lot's of twists and turns, and some pretty strange real life stuff for a few of us here. Maybe one day LORI5050 ...

One wonders if the what appears to be sparse, 'circumstantial' evidence in this case is enough for a prosecutor to mold it in to charges of kidnapping and/or murder? It's nearly 10 years-to-the-day and... crickets.

The (partial or 'complete'?) remains of LB having been found some ~140 miles away from where Lindsey was last seen in an area described as "heavily timbered steep terrain with large cliffs and deep ravines" is a strange occurrence, and it makes me wonder if remains of other victims have ever been found in the broad general area, previous or since? Was the kidnapping and murder of LB a one-off crime for the perp? If so, why we he (they) so, for lack of a better word, 'successful'? If not, which other kidnapping crimes might be related?

Someone may have had there eyes on LB for some significant time before the kidnapping and if so, I believe it is that 'before' time frame that could lead to a conviction in this case, not the 'evening-of' nor the 'after' time frames. Unfortunately, the chronicling of LB's reported feelings of 'being followed' in the days/weeks before her disappearance is incomplete and virtually non-existent.

SO DAMN FRUSTRATING.

10 years ago, you were stolen from your family, murdered, and left in the woods as if you meant nothing, I hope whoever did this to you comes forward or gets caught. Rest In Peace Lindsey:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2