France - Air France Plane from Rio to Paris Goes Missing Over Atlantic, 1 June 2009

So, the debris wasn't from this plane?

Wow. It's literally like the plane just vanished.

In one article I read, the French Minister is saying she can't dismiss terrorism. She made the comments around the same time the news broke about the debris not being flight debris. But am I hallucinating, or didn't they say they found seven meters of fuselage and some seats?

In one article I read, the French Minister is saying she can't dismiss terrorism. She made the comments around the same time the news broke about the debris not being flight debris. But am I hallucinating, or didn't they say they found seven meters of fuselage and some seats?
There is speculation it is from a shipwreck.

So then somehow...there is a plane that nobody knows about that crashed at the EXACT same time, in the SAME area that flight 447 was to have crashed....wtf?

So then somehow...there is a plane that nobody knows about that crashed at the EXACT same time, in the SAME area that flight 447 was to have crashed....wtf?

I haven't read that rOtflcopter, This morning I read it was believed to be ocean trash, and Bean has read it could be garbage from a ship wreck.

One thing I do know from living at the coast for so many years is there are areas of rifts where garbage does accumulate and then pretty much stays together as it bobs up and down among the waves.

In fact I learned there is a spot out in the Pacific Ocean somewhere south of Dutch Harbor and west of the Canadian border where there is a huge collection of glass balls/ floats that ride together in the waves. Most of them are very old and have been tossing around for years and years. I heard that from several men who fished in Alaska and drove their big boats from Newport Or up to Dutch Harbor every year. I think it is a fact but don't have a link for it. Real Evidence, eh? LOL

Oh, I found it! It is called The Patch, a floating island of all kinds of garbage in the North Pacific. Bonnie Henderson wrote about it in her book, 'STRAND ~ an Odyssey of Pacific Ocean Debris'.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but with this news and the fact that FRANCE is not ruling out terrorism? It really worries me. France is not known for the speak first and ask questions later approach.

I'm 50/50 on if there is a cover-up re: bomb. If there is a cover-up, why? Would both the Brazilian and French governments cover something like this?

Because there was a bomb threat phoned into the head office of Air France in late May.
Apparently the threat was dismissed as unimportant. Current news reports have officials quoted as saying they DISMISSED THE THREAT.
This would mean that a terrorist threat went unchecked. That the surviving family members of the crash victims could recover enormous damages for negligence, as opposed to the " act of God" type scenario the govts. are trying very hard to push concerning weather which NO competent pilot would fly straight into, but would definitely go around.

Also, 3 flights made it through the same storm on the same night- 2 Lufthansa flights to Brazil from Paris and the Brazilian airliner where the pilots reported seeing " the ocean on fire".

These early details/ reports, including the bomb threat, are now being suppressed.

Because there was a bomb threat phoned into the head office of Air France in late May.
Apparently the threat was dismissed as unimportant. Current news reports have officials quoted as saying they DISMISSED THE THREAT.
This would mean that a terrorist threat went unchecked. That the surviving family members of the crash victims could recover enormous damages for negligence, as opposed to the " act of God" type scenario the govts. are trying very hard to push concerning weather which NO competent pilot would fly straight into, but would definitely go around.

Also, 3 flights made it through the same storm on the same night- 2 Lufthansa flights to Brazil from Paris and the Brazilian airliner where the pilots reported seeing " the ocean on fire".

These early details/ reports, including the bomb threat, are now being suppressed.

I haven't heard that there was a threat against this specific flight. As far as I know, this flight goes daily from Brazil to France, so it would seem that since the threat, no other flight has been affected.

What would be a reason to suppress a bomb threat? If the problem is pilot error or mechanical failure, AF would still be liable.

I haven't heard that there was a threat against this specific flight. As far as I know, this flight goes daily from Brazil to France, so it would seem that since the threat, no other flight has been affected.

What would be a reason to suppress a bomb threat? If the problem is pilot error or mechanical failure, AF would still be liable.

I never said there was a threat against a specific flighton Air France. There was a terrorist threat involving Air France and I believe the threat was phoned in to the Brazlian office. Two weeks ago or less.

You say " seems no other flight has been affected". Is that your rationale for ruling out an act of terrorism???
I don't think I can reason with you, OK? You are missing several key points which have been reported, linked, repeated, etc.

You think " weather" or " pilot error", OK?

I haven't read that rOtflcopter, This morning I read it was believed to be ocean trash, and Bean has read it could be garbage from a ship wreck.

-snip-

The only reason i brought up another plane was because CNN and other sources said that the among the wreckage that they thought belonged to flight 447, was a airplane seat. Why would a ship have an airplane seat on board? Where did this random airplane seat come from in the middle of the ocean? D:

Several news sites are reporting the bodies being found along with earlier reports that there was a part that was never replaced on this plane by Air France at the recommendation of the manufacturer. A part that measures speed. What they are saying so far indicates massive mechanical failure which makes sense with the automatic reports sent right before the crash. I have a problem believing it was an act of terrorism because whoever it was would be coming forward and claiming responsibility by now. I just can't let my imagination run there right now although that could always be a possibility.

Also on msnbc ~ truly remarkable news!!

Brazil: Bodies found near Air France crash site

updated 45 minutes ago
PARIS - Brazilian search crews found two male bodies and debris in the Atlantic Ocean Saturday near the area where an Air France jet is believed to have crashed, an air force spokesman said.

The first bodies from the crash were found early in the morning, said Jorge Amaral, the spokesman.

The bodies were picked up about 400 miles northeast of the Fernando de Noronha islands off Brazil's northern coast. Searchers also found a suitcase containing a plane ticket for the flight, he said.

more at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31137068/

Prayers for the Families of the missing.

Prayers for the families that will be notified of their loved ones remains being discovered.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-06-06-voa30.cfm

Amaral says that the intense search will continue. He says 14 planes are currently being used in the operation along with three naval vessels and he predicts more bodies and debris from the plane will be found.

Meanwhile in Paris, Paul-Louis Arslanian, the head of France's Accident Investigation Agency showed reporters an example of a beacon or pinger attached to the so-called black box flight and data recorders that now may be deep below the surface. "This is what we are looking for, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. So what we have are basically microphones, or call it hydrophones, which are built and usually we call them fishers," he said.

Normally, those beacons emit signals for around 30 days before they fade. If located, they could hold vital clues relating to why the plane came down.

228 passengers and crew were on flight 447. The loss is the worst in Air France's 75-year history.

I have a tough time believing that any respectable airline would just completely ignore any kind of bomb threat. They probably dismissed it after finding nothing that led them to believe it was a credible threat. Bomb threats against businesses and governments are quite common at all levels; they usually are not reported for fear of spawning copycat threats.

Terrorists, in my opinion, are very unlikely to phone in their plans before they do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back