France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder if there is any real political or religious dogma behind some of these kind of attacks, and really just the excuse used by psychopaths, to justify a simple lust for killing? imo

Fellow sluethers in France! Go back to a real big crime story there. Do French LE typically not do pressers, or is this different than typical operating tendencies?

You know what the really scary part of this whole horrible story - repeated sightings of missle launcher in their possession-

I also kinda think they thought they might have had more time to escape- not counting on leaving ID behind! I bet the other dude was really pissed!

Very much doubt that those fanatics will be captured alive.
One suspect reportedly said he wants to die like 'martyr'.

Will be a hero in his jihad -circles: fought like a lion for the prophet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking the same as well. They rather die than surrender.

I am thinking the same as well. They rather die than surrender.

What is the bet they're dead in that forest. On that, can't they fly over with those camera's that pick up heat to find them, or would that be too dangerous for the pilots? Maybe with the rocket launchers etc .. anyway just thinking out loud, I'm disappointed that they're still on the run.

Send Arnie in!!

[h=1]Charlie Hebdo attack: Suspected gunman 'nice and helpful'[/h]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30734974

If they (perps) want to go out with a proverbial 'bang'... maybe they could just take themselves out ??

I don't want to see any more lives lost in this ; enough is enough.
:moo:

It has been reported the Forest is the size of Paris alone and perhaps a bit larger. I also read somewhere here on one of the links that a cave was searched. Anyone know if there is more than one cave in this Forest?

Blogger sentenced to ten years in prison and 1,000 lashes set to be publicly flogged in Saudi Arabia for 'insulting 'Islam'

Badawi was originally sentenced in 2013 to seven years in prison and 600 lashes, but after an appeal, the judge stiffened the punishment.

Following his arrest, his wife and children left the kingdom for Canada.

Badawi's lawyer Waleed Abul-Khair was sentenced in July to 15 years imprisonment and barred from traveling for another 15 years after being found guilty by an anti-terrorism court of 'undermining the regime and officials,' ''inciting public opinion' and 'insulting the judiciary.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2902014/Saudi-blogger-publicly-flogged-insulting-Islam.html

If you haven't been to "Chop Chop Square" in Jeddah you haven't been anywhere... :facepalm:

This is what happens to anyone that opposes 'Sharia Law', females that want to drive or do anything sans man, anyone who objects to having their legs caned for wearing a skirt that is too short (do not show an ankle, less the Matawahs become too excited), or anyone who wants to practice free speech. Welcome to the 'Heart of Islam."

When I was 10 year old I was shopping with my mother in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Dammam has an execution square, although not as infamous as Jeddah's 'chop chop square.' I believe it was sometime after mid morning prayers when everyone was herded down to the square and I had to witness a man get his hand chopped off. I will never forget it. I had nightmares for months after that. I do remember that I heard no one baying for blood.

There are entire populations being held hostage by religion. This cannot be allowed.

If anyone wonders why most of the United States wants to maintain a separation between 'church and state' the above is the example of why! So the next debate over school prayer, or any of the other hot button religious issues... please remember what I witnessed at 10 years old.

All of my Saudi friends stand with Paris even if they can not say it publically due to the possibility of losing their lives.

Je suis Charlie!

Blogger sentenced to ten years in prison and 1,000 lashes set to be publicly flogged in Saudi Arabia for 'insulting 'Islam'

Badawi was originally sentenced in 2013 to seven years in prison and 600 lashes, but after an appeal, the judge stiffened the punishment.

Following his arrest, his wife and children left the kingdom for Canada.

Badawi's lawyer Waleed Abul-Khair was sentenced in July to 15 years imprisonment and barred from traveling for another 15 years after being found guilty by an anti-terrorism court of 'undermining the regime and officials,' ''inciting public opinion' and 'insulting the judiciary.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2902014/Saudi-blogger-publicly-flogged-insulting-Islam.html

If you haven't been to "Chop Chop Square" in Jeddah you haven't been anywhere... :facepalm:

This is what happens to anyone that opposes 'Sharia Law', females that want to drive or do anything sans man, anyone who objects to having their legs caned for wearing a skirt that is too short (do not show an ankle, less the Matawahs become too excited), or anyone who wants to practice free speech. Welcome to the 'Heart of Islam."

When I was 10 year old I was shopping with my mother in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Dammam has an execution square, although not as infamous as Jeddah's 'chop chop square.' I believe it was sometime after mid morning prayers when everyone was herded down to the square and I had to witness a man get his hand chopped off. I will never forget it. I had nightmares for months after that. I do remember that I heard no one baying for blood.

There are entire populations being held hostage by religion. This cannot be allowed.

If anyone wonders why most of the United States wants to maintain a separation between 'church and state' the above is the example of why! So the next debate over school prayer, or any of the other hot button religious issues... please remember what I witnessed at 10 years old.

All of my Saudi friends stand with Paris even if they can not say it publically due to the possibility of losing their lives.

Je suis Charlie!

I'm sorry to say this, but unless your friends start saying it publicly, entire populations will continue to be held hostage by religion.

I applaud them for it. SATIRE is our life's blood. It is the core of comedy/drama and human emotions.

And it is a perfect way to stand up to the extremists. If I told you that I would kill you and your family if you ever said my name in public, would you accept that threat and do as told? Or would you stand up to me and exclaim how ridiculous and uncalled for my threats were?
The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword

Interesting, CNN , the no fly list is only about 2000 folks - so the question is how did they get so high here, and why did that trigger more alerts in europe

Charlie Hebdo Manhunt Focuses On Forest 50 Miles Outside Paris
PA/Huffington Post UK | By Paul Vale 08/01/2015 20:27 GMT Updated: 1 hour ago

LeMonde's live tracker confirms no confirmation on car being found as otherwise reported, and most recently 7 survivors have left the hospital, 4 remain in grave/critical, but "pronostic vital" are no longer engaged, not sure what that means.

"Les blessés de l'attaque de Charlie Hebdo : sur les onze blessés, quatre restent hospitalisés dans un état grave : [names of 4 still at the hospital] Riss, Fabrice Nicolino, Philippe Lançon et Simon Fieschi. Leurs jours ne sont plus en danger."

"Swoop on Villages"
by John Irish and Christian Hartmann REUTERS, 09/01/15 01:53 CET

US and Europeon officials said
that one of the brothers, Said Kouachi, was in Yemen in 2011 for a number of months training with Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), one of the group’s most active affiliates.

A Yemeni official familiar with the matter said the Yemen government was aware of the possibility of a connection between Said Kouachi and AQAP, and was looking into any possible links.
In Corcy and Longpont villages,
set in thick forest and boggy marshland about 70 km north of Paris, but it was not clear whether the fugitives who had been spotted in the area were holed up or had moved on.

“We have not found them, there is no siege,” an interior ministry official in Paris said.

[... unrelated thus far]

Montrouge Mayor Jean-Loup Metton said the policewoman and a colleague came under fire while responding to a reported traffic accident. Witnesses said the assailant fled in a Renault Clio. Police sources said he wore a bullet-proof vest and had a an assault rifle and a handgun.

"The two suspects are French-born sons of Algerian-born parents. Both men had been under police surveillance. Cherif was jailed for 18 months for trying to travel to Iraq a decade ago to fight as part of an Islamist cell.

A Yemeni official familiar with the matter said the government was aware of the possibility of a connection between Said Kouachi and AQAP, and was looking into possible links.

The sources said that after Said Kouachi returned to France from Yemen, both brothers appeared to have refrained from any activities that might have drawn the attention of French law enforcement or spy agencies."

They also said that in the months leading up to Wednesday's attack, the men were not treated as priority targets by French counter-terrorism agencies.
- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...es/article1-1304884.aspx#sthash.QQsNflz8.dpuf

Hi yes thepolice and gendarmes do stop and search, on people and vehicles if they do not like the look of you, I ive in a small town and there are often stops on roundabouts to check papers and if your vehicle conforms to the rules if it doen't its a minimum of 150€ amend. They can also listen to you telephone calls and generally have a large paper file on foreigners (including me) andpersons of interest.

I found this article on the suspects one of the a failed rapper before he was radicalised, http://http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/charlie-hebdo/20150108.OBS9574/charlie-hebdo-cherif-kouachi-l-ex-livreur-de-pizzas-devenu-suspect-n-1.html

I heard there was a media blackout of sorts regarding the police search but it all reminds me of a previous terror attacks in Paris by Khaled Kelkel, he hide out in a wooded area near Lyon and was killed by Gendarmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim