FRANCE - Policeman shot by two terrorists w/machine guns in Paris, 20 April 2017

I read a rumour on another forum that one of them first shot at police in 2001, well before IS was a thing. They might have gotten mixed up with the news that he'd previously said he wanted to shoot cops idk. I think IS gives these ****s a feeling of legitimacy and encouragement for preexisting hatred and anger at society.

I wonder what EU authorities are doing about these ****s who are known terrorist threats? Just waiting to see what they do and hoping they don't? I don't hear much about raids or proactive arrests. If they happen they don't make the news over here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw on sky news there are raids in Paris and Belgium tonight it's maddening something tragic has to happen and then the raids. I wasn't surprised by this attack having a Belgian link it seems to be a good place for these monsters to lie in wait. I hope more can be done to tackle this. I'm really hoping we are not in for another summer of tragedy.

My mum and her partner were in Nice last weekend my mum said there is a lot of digging on the promenade in Nice at the attack site end I think they might be putting up bollards and road blocks.

Established under the name of Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad: 1999

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

I read a rumour on another forum that one of them first shot at police in 2001, well before IS was a thing. They might have gotten mixed up with the news that he'd previously said he wanted to shoot cops idk. I think IS gives these ****s a feeling of legitimacy and encouragement for preexisting hatred and anger at society.

I wonder what EU authorities are doing about these ****s who are known terrorist threats? Just waiting to see what they do and hoping they don't? I don't hear much about raids or proactive arrests. If they happen they don't make the news over here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too wish this would stop, i know it won't, scary times. Hope your mum and partner had a good time.

I saw on sky news there are raids in Paris and Belgium tonight it's maddening something tragic has to happen and then the raids. I wasn't surprised by this attack having a Belgian link it seems to be a good place for these monsters to lie in wait. I hope more can be done to tackle this. I'm really hoping we are not in for another summer of tragedy.

My mum and her partner were in Nice last weekend my mum said there is a lot of digging on the promenade in Nice at the attack site end I think they might be putting up bollards and road blocks.

ISIS TERRORIST WHO SHOT DEAD COP IN PARIS WAS KNOWN EXTREMIST ARRESTED 2 MONTHS AGO FOR THREATENING TO KILL POLICE, SERVED 15 YEARS FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER OF 2 OFFICERS

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-attack-video-shows-police-shoot-gunman.html

French officials revealed that Cheurfi was detained in Meaux on February 23 this year, after it emerged he was trying to buy weapons 'to kill police'.

He used the alias 'Abu Yousuf the Belgian' and reportedly made threats to murder officers using the social media app Telegram, an instant messaging service. The fanatic was set free due to lack of evidence on March 6.

Despite being put on a watch list and regarded as a threat to France, he was able to obtain a Kalashnikov, a pump action shotgun and several knives ahead of last night's attack.

It's understood that before his early release from prison last year, probation officers noted that Cheurfi had been radicalised while serving his sentence.

He had been jailed for 20 years in 2005 for trying to kill two policemen. He opened fire five times with a .38 revolver following a car chase in 2001, leaving the officers and a third victim wounded. All three survived the attack in Roissy-en-Brie, in the Seine-et-Marne department of northern France.

BBM

More at link, lots of pictures & video

SLAIN POLICE OFFICER WAS INTERVIEWED AT THE OPENING OF THE BATACLAN AFTER THE ATTACKS

LeParisien
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ans-21-04-2017-6873384.php#xtor=AD-1481423553

xavier.jpg

Dark irony of this story is that this was not the first attack for Xavier Jugele. On November 13, 2015, he was deployed outside the Bataclan, right after the terrorist attack. Then last November, the policeman insisted on attending the concert of Sting, on the occasion of the reopening of the concert hall. "I'm happy to be here," he told American magazine People. "It's symbolic. We are here tonight as witnesses to defend our values. This concert is to celebrate life, to say no to the terrorists."

RIP Xavier Jugele

:rose:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-part-city-centre-amid-reports-officers-shot/
[h=1]Paris shooting: Marine Le Pen calls for all French terror suspects to be expelled after Champs Elysees attack[/h]

Le Pen, widely seen as taking the hardest line on security, called for France to "immediately" take back control of its own borders from the European Union and deport all foreigners on a terror watchlist.

"This war against us is ceaseless and merciless," she said in a sternly worded address, blasting the "monstrous totalitarian ideology" behind Thursday night's attack
attachment.php

Karim Cheurfi had been detained in February after reports that he had threatened police

Attachments

• TELEMMGLPICT000126512812-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqE74yoMJTRsCXc-E74Wel1NzKpLHFkd1zzh2VYJA5H4.jpg
    TELEMMGLPICT000126512812-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqE74yoMJTRsCXc-E74Wel1NzKpLHFkd1zzh2VYJA5H4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
THE HUSBAND OF THE POLICEMAN WHO WAS MURDERED LAST WEEK IN PARIS DELIVERS AN EMOTIONAL EULOGY AT HIS MEMORIAL SERVICE

Channel 4 News @Channel4News

[video=twitter;856878205755678720]https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/856878205755678720[/video]

"You lived like a star, you leave like a star." The husband of the policeman murdered last week in Paris delivers an emotional eulogy.

French President Hollande attended the memorial.

:rose:

POSTHUMOUS MARRIAGE FOR MURDERED OFFICER

VRT.be
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/buitenland/1.2993891

The police officer who was killed in the Champs-Elysees by a Muslim extremist, was wedded to his friend in Paris on Wednesday. The posthumous marriage was attended by former president François Hollande. Xavier Jugelé died on April 20 on the famous Paris Avenue when his police convoy was attacked by a Muslim extremist.

Jugelé was a fighter for LGTB rights and lived legally with his partner Etienne Cardiles. Both were married on a wednesday evening at a ceremony in the town hall of the 14th district of the French capital.

France is one of the few countries where a posthumous marriage is possible. The president must give his consent.

BBM

:hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back