Free web version of Photoshop launches

Someone who scrapbooks. Do you know what a scrapbook is?
Not asking this rudely...please don't think that!
If you don't know check out this link and you will get the idea!
It's a way out archiving your pictures along with ribbon, stickers, journaling, paper, etc...to kind of tell a story about the pictures featured. It's a GREAT idea to preserve memories!
http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/layout/0/-1.html
Look at some of these scrap pages...they are awesome! Wish I was so talented.

A few of us have posted pics of our scrapbook pages on this site...I just searched for the link but couldn't find...if anyone can help please give Montana the link.

Thanks White Rain. I don't think you were being rude at all! This looks like something I'd like to learn more about. I will check out all the links. Do you have any ideas where someone like me could go to learn from the very beginning?

Thanks again. montana

Thanks White Rain. I don't think you were being rude at all! This looks like something I'd like to learn more about. I will check out all the links. Do you have any ideas where someone like me could go to learn from the very beginning?

Thanks again. montana

Montana, this is a link for beginners: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/a-tuts/publish/cat_index_58.shtml

The community at scrapbookbytes is a great place to start. They have lots of information on different software, techniques, and tutorials. Also, they have a strong chat scrap where you can really get lots of support. It's a fun hobby. I tried regular paper scrapbooking and got overwhelmed by little bits of paper. For me, digital is the way to go. I know a lot of folks now are starting to move over to a newer form called Hybrid, where they combine digital and traditional scrapbooking that is mind blowing.

As to software ... Photoshop is the bombdiggity when it comes to photo manipulation, however, there is a long learning curve, and lots of frustration involved if you're self taught. However, it's well worth it. Lots of community colleges offer classes.

Since Photoshop is so expensive, if I was starting over today, I'd really focus on GIMP. Not only is it FREE, (free is good), but really appears to be a strong photo manipulation program.

I tried to get a thread in the Jury Room going about Digital Scrapbooking, and it pretty much fell flat. I'm so glad to see people interested in my favorite hobby here!

I'm normally just a lurker, but I wanted to say that your digisrcapping is awesome golfmom! I also have CS3 but I know some people that use GIMP and they really like it.

Brighidin! Thank you so much!
I'm even more excited that it managed to bring you out of lurkin' ...
:woohoo: :woohoo:

I judst recently purchased PSE 6 after having been an avid user of Paint Shop Pro.

This prob. seems like to the most ridiculous question, but for the life of me I can't find how to whiten teeth. In paintshop there was a tooth brush! I can't find it any where on PSE!

I judst recently purchased PSE 6 after having been an avid user of Paint Shop Pro.

This prob. seems like to the most ridiculous question, but for the life of me I can't find how to whiten teeth. In paintshop there was a tooth brush! I can't find it any where on PSE!

This is how I white eyes and teeth ... although there are scadoodles of different ways to do any effect you want to create in photoshop.

Select the PEN TOOL and click around the area you want selected. Right click to select and copy and paste to a new layer. Another trick is to use the quick select wand over the areas you want to copy.

From there you can use the Adjustments to brighten the new layer. You can adjust the opacity of that layer to suit yourself as well.

ETA: this is a tutorial posted on youtube to whiten teeth in photoshop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdQDSRcGhPs

I currently use the most basic version of Paintshop. The only features that it has are a quick touchup and redeye and crop.

Golfmom - Should I download the gimp software and try to use that? Would it give me more options, or should I purchase something else? I want something easy to learn, but it would be nice to do more things to make my photos look better. Any advice will be most appreciated!! :blowkiss:

Also, once I get something else, should I delete this paintshop software?

whew ... nan those are actually a lot of questions.

1. I wouldn't remove anything you're comfortable using, until you're comfortable using something else. I hung on to my old software for a long time, until photoshop became my personal default software.

2. When considering what programs will suit you, you have to consider a lot of different factors. Ease of use, cost, and ultimately what you want to achieve. After YEARS of using Photoshop, I've found I haven't outgrown the program and that I continue to learn new features constantly. There isn't anything the program can't do. But, do you really need that much power. Do you just want to clean up and fix photos?

3. A lot of folks go to Photoshop Elements because it's a more reasonably priced version of Photoshop. IF they outgrow that program, it's an easy (but expensive) bump to the gold standard of photo editing software, the full version of Photoshop.

4. If I was starting over today, clearly I think GIMP is the way to go if you don't want to pay for software. I'm seriously considering downloading it just to screw around with it a bit. It really seems to be a strong competitor to Photoshop and FREE! (free is good)

... Do you just want to clean up and fix photos? ...
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post! :blowkiss: I currently do not want to do much with it. I may, at a later date, when I am not as busy!! I just want something easy. There are times when I want to make a dark photograph lighter than the "quick fix" option that my software allows. There are also blemishes or things that I would like to color in, if that's possible. It's not possible with my software. It is a basic version that came with our videocamera, I think. We bought that camera about nine years ago!!

This is a review of the top 8 FREE photo editing software programs.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm
Top 8 Free Photo Editors for Windows

If you can't afford to purchase software, you can still find free software to create and edit images. Some of this software is developed by individuals, and some is feature limited or an earlier version of a more advanced program. In some rare instances, there are no strings attached, but most often you will need to provide information to the company by registering, or endure ads or "nag" screens.

Montana, this is a link for beginners: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/a-tuts/publish/cat_index_58.shtml

The community at scrapbookbytes is a great place to start. They have lots of information on different software, techniques, and tutorials. Also, they have a strong chat scrap where you can really get lots of support. It's a fun hobby. I tried regular paper scrapbooking and got overwhelmed by little bits of paper. For me, digital is the way to go. I know a lot of folks now are starting to move over to a newer form called Hybrid, where they combine digital and traditional scrapbooking that is mind blowing.

As to software ... Photoshop is the bombdiggity when it comes to photo manipulation, however, there is a long learning curve, and lots of frustration involved if you're self taught. However, it's well worth it. Lots of community colleges offer classes.

Since Photoshop is so expensive, if I was starting over today, I'd really focus on GIMP. Not only is it FREE, (free is good), but really appears to be a strong photo manipulation program.

I tried to get a thread in the Jury Room going about Digital Scrapbooking, and it pretty much fell flat. I'm so glad to see people interested in my favorite hobby here!

I looked in and responded to your digi-scrap thread.
Your fave hobby is mine as well!
But, unlike you I'd rather paper scrap rather than digi...maybe only b/c I am not used to it and can never quite get it right.
I did download all the links you gave (IF you were the one who started the digi-scrap thread) with the free digi paper and such...
Regardless, I love your work!!!!

Thanks golfmom! This site looks to be just what I need. Later this evening I'm going to check it out better when I have more time.

It's great you are helping many people on here who are interested.

I looked at lots of your work and they are wonderful.

Thanks ya'll! I really do love digital photography and scrapbooking. I did do "paper" for awhile, but seriously all the little snips of paper, drove me insane!

I'm so glad I could help out.

Golf Mom, I actually had to log in (hardly ever do!) just to exclaim about your stunning art! Your scrapbooking link brought me to those gorgeous creations of your daughters and I was shocked to see this could be done. Your daughter's boyfriend is certainly lucky to have you behind his grad photos. My youngest son is going to be graduating shortly so I am interested in trying to do something like that one that shows the combination back/front shot. Guess I'll try that suggestion of the gimp link, it sounds the easiest. Thanks! Ü

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back