Friday: Severe Weather predicted - Midwest - Southeast

Bulletin - eas activation requested
tornado warning
national weather service huntsville al
228 pm cst fri mar 2 2012

the national weather service in huntsville has issued a

* tornado warning for...
Northwestern franklin county in tennessee...
Lincoln county in tennessee...
Moore county in tennessee...

* until 300 pm cst

Wow, Mom, scary!! I know that during the summer we get those storms with tornado warnings. It always scares me when the sky starts to look like that. The scariest are green skies. It just seems so abnormal.

It moved right on over and only thundered a little. I thought for sure we were about to get hit with a big ol' storm but so far just a little thunder. Have family throughout the midwest and eastern states though so I'm keeping a close eye on this weather for sure.

I am working on the computer but have HLN on in the same room. They have a "storm chaser" reporting live from the area that just had a tornado touch down. He described it as being the biggest storm he's ever seen and that the tornado looked like it was 1/2 mile wide :eek:

It's raining here in southeastern lower Michigan, and there are high wind warnings for tonight. Rain could become heavy with thunder and lightning.

Please stay safe if you are in the path of severe weather.

The same stormchaser came back on and said the second tornado he is seeing is twice as large as the one he just saw.

May God be with all of these people who are in the path of these massive tornadoes.

IMO

Stay safe all. Prayers and blessings your way..

Goz

Note: may be posted.

heard WI suppose to get big major snowstorm, preparing around me
No signs yet where I am.

Significant damage at Henryville High; Tornado Warning for Clark, Jefferson, Scott in Indiana; Trimble in Kentucky.

There has been significant damage at Henryville High School in northern Clark County, accourding to Les Kavanaugh, the county’s EMS director.

He said that students had been kept there as the storm approached. He had no immediate reports on injuries.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ntucky?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

A couple of my friends in Louisville texted me. They are headed to their basements or are already there.

There is a rotational storm in NW Ky that is causing damage. It is due to cross over into Ohio and should cross over me in less than an hour. I am hearing warning sirens now.

Will this storm come close to Cincinnati? TIA (I have a daughter that gets panic attacks from storms that lives there).

HLN stated Henrysville and Marysville just north of Louisville, in IN are wiped out. ?

Will this storm come close to Cincinnati? TIA (I have a daughter that gets panic attacks from storms that lives there).

Kat from what I am seeing it should miss Cincinnati itself, but Clermont, Brown and Highland counties are in the path.

I'm getting skeered and about to have my own panic attack.

They said something about Chattanoogna. We have ThoughtFox and Emerald in that area. Hope they are OK.

They said something about Chattanoogna. We have ThoughtFox and Emerald in that area. Hope they are OK.

WS members in the path of these storms...please check in as soon as you are able to. :praying: for everyone's safety.

Prayers to all affected by these tornadoes! This is horrible. People are reported missing as per HLN.

Had to be an F5 that went thru Henryville area. Storm chaser is in shock I think. He's at the home of a State Trooper...that they can't find. Splinters of wood sticking out the the asphalt in road like nails and broken powerlines stuck into the ground like rockets. Some home completely cleared down to the foundation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back