FUGLY friends, and I do have a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? :confused:
I've never seen heard or used fugly in that context. Fugly means f*&^ing ugly. If one of my friends called me that, I wouldn't be friends with them anymore. And I have a lot of friends who are bigger than I am. I would never call them that.

This thread is odd.:snooty:

Me either. I would never use this word. I am assuming the poster who started this thread is being truthful about how she/he uses the word in this context.

Again, I'm meaning to offend. I don't think her friends are overweight, but I'm putting myself in her frame of mind. Most of her "friends" are heavier than she is, and I only use the the term "fugly" as what pretty girls use to call their heavier friends.

I've been one, I know.

I wonder how this factors into her psychological profile as it pertains to her self-esteem?

I'm not intending to offend anyone with the term, I'm really trying to ascertain her thought process.

For what your wanting, you really have to KNOW that group. Right now your only going on what your seeing and what your opinion of the group is. I mean, if you think grils bigger then KC is fugly, then that is what your going to see.

Yes, I have a point to this. LOL!

What body size/shape that is considered attractive comes from various ways. Some of it is cultural.

Central Floria is a very mix cultural. Several of the groupls like a little meat on the bones, something to grab. KC wouldn't be considered attrative. Kinda child looking. No BUTT.

The kids group together at school, what not. EAch group has it's 'hot chick'. But put all those 'hot chicks' together in one room, they are not all going to be the same size/ or body shape at all. The kids raised here see that.

Understand my point? One really has to know that group ( I don't). So I can not tell you what the BOYS and GIRLS of that group think is really, really "hot."

I'm old and not too hip, I would never have figured that one out... does put a whole different slant on the term, but the kids seem to love using words that I would have been in big doo doo over.

whenever i see a movie star that has had a tooth job done. why do they have the dentists or surgeons give them these gigantic teeth.. ?

it looks ridiculous :D <--------like this

when i was much younger (like a hundred years ago) i had a girlfriend and we were watching tv and some "star" was being interviewed and we saw the new teeth i said real quietly....." there is a poor horse running around somewhere that doesnt have anymore teth :D"

after about 3 seconds, of dead silence she started laughing so hard i thought she was going to pass out.....

i didnt think it was that funny, but she did :D:laugh::laugh:

The Urban Dictionary defines FUGLY as meaing *advertiser censored**ing ugly.

Unwords.com defines it as particularly ugly, horrid, or disgusting.

whenever i see a movie star that has had a tooth job done. why do they have the dentists or surgeons give them these gigantic teeth.. ?

it looks ridiculous :D <--------like this

when i was much younger (like a hundred years ago) i had a girlfriend and we were watching tv and some "star" was being interviewed and we saw the new teeth i said real quietly....." there is a poor horse running around somewhere that doesnt have anymore teth :D"

after about 3 seconds, of dead silence she started laughing so hard i thought she was going to pass out.....

i didnt think it was that funny, but she did :D:laugh::laugh:

Kind of insulting to those on here that do have large teeth..dont ya think..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only skin deep... the media does not do a lot to promote self acceptance and love... being a kind person goes a lot further in the long run... JMHO

Kind of insulting to those on here that do have large teeth..dont ya think..

are there any movie stars here ??

that are posting? these are the people im talking about

sheeeesh :innocent:

More important to me than analyzing the physical attractiveness of her friends, I would be interested in finding out what her friends found attractive about Casey on any level. She sounds like she was a terrible friend, yet she had friends and was seemingly surrounded by her group. What was the attraction of casey to her friends? The descriptions seem consistent, I don;t think anyone has really stepped up and said she was a good person. So if most knew she was not trustworthy or a good friend, why did they hang around her?

More important to me than analyzing the physical attractiveness of her friends, I would be interested in finding out what her friends found attractive about Casey on any level. She sounds like she was a terrible friend, yet she had friends and was seemingly surrounded by her group. What was the attraction of casey to her friends? The descriptions seem consistent, I don;t think anyone has really stepped up and said she was a good person. So if most knew she was not trustworthy or a good friend, why did they hang around her?

i think they were mostly "quick party friends"

doenst sound like she had too many "REAL" friends

:thumb:jbean I grew up in so cal and lived seven years in Oceanside/Vista.. I loved visiting your area, very pretty there

Has anyone noticed that KC hangs out with friends who are far heavier and less attractive than she is? I hate the term FUGLY, but I have been used as one with attractive friends.

I think this speaks volumes to her insecurities about herself. Alot of attractive girls such as herself tend to hang with other pretty girls in a clique of sorts.

Not KC. She seems to have surrounded herself with (subjectively) less attractive gals to make herself the "pretty" center of attention. It also goes a long way to take advantage of a less than "pretty" gal to have attention lavished upon you by someone far more attractive (again, I speak from experience, it makes you feel as if you are prettier than you see yourself)

I don't know exactly how this might play into her case, however I do find it an interesting characteristic that might be explorable, if you can get past how "un-PC" this post might be.

Very good observation there............She sure did. Many times the less attractive girls like to 'hang" with pretty girls because they attract men and many times if the man does not get the "pretty" one, they can date them.

I think Forrest Gump's mama said it best:

"Pretty is as pretty does."

;)

OK, here is what I am going to do. I am going to lock this thread since the official definition of the word is pretty horrid.

I understand the meaning of the thread but it has the potential to get mean.

Let's start over. If the poster would like to start a new thread that is less offensive and more of a psychological look into this then I am for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph