GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said very early on, this woman has had some pretty significant spinal damage in car accidents. Even with airbags and seatbelts, the kind of trauma that causes spinal injury can also cause traumatic brain injuries, even if it's just from her brain hitting the inside of her skull. We don't know if she has an organic memory or cognitive impairment from her accidents.

She has also alluded to the fact that she may suffer from a mild form of agoraphobia. She speaks of not going out much, about forcing herself to go on a walk that morning, about fear of other people.

We also don't know what meds she is on. She was shot in the leg. She watched her son get shot in the face. And that's in ADDITION to the injuries and trauma she has already endured. I would HOPE they've given her something.

To me, she's speaking in a stream of consciousness manner. In the footage I've seen, she doesn't seem to be filtering between her brain and her mouth. She also doesn't seem to know what she's saying until it comes out. Lots of people speak that way when they are stressed or on certain kinds of medication.

My heart aches for this woman. I don't see the minor inconsistencies in her story as anything other than confusion or stress.
I recently fell down a flight of hardwood stairs and was forced to endure pain from a car accident....brain injuries change forever....not ever ourselves know what we will do....

Starting a new thread here. This one is going to close in just a minute.

Salem

As I said very early on, this woman has had some pretty significant spinal damage in car accidents. Even with airbags and seatbelts, the kind of trauma that causes spinal injury can also cause traumatic brain injuries, even if it's just from her brain hitting the inside of her skull. We don't know if she has an organic memory or cognitive impairment from her accidents.

She has also alluded to the fact that she may suffer from a mild form of agoraphobia. She speaks of not going out much, about forcing herself to go on a walk that morning, about fear of other people.

We also don't know what meds she is on. She was shot in the leg. She watched her son get shot in the face. And that's in ADDITION to the injuries and trauma she has already endured. I would HOPE they've given her something.

To me, she's speaking in a stream of consciousness manner. In the footage I've seen, she doesn't seem to be filtering between her brain and her mouth. She also doesn't seem to know what she's saying until it comes out. Lots of people speak that way when they are stressed or on certain kinds of medication.

My heart aches for this woman. I don't see the minor inconsistencies in her story as anything other than confusion or stress.

My heart aches for any mom who's seen her baby murdered in such a horrific way. I have no idea what to attribute inconsistencies to (too many options), so wouldn't want to speculate. But they are there. Even your post mentions one--about her saying (I think on that uncut tape) she didn't go out much due to fear.

This article, while speaking highly of Antonio's parents, also seems to contradict that one point, for whatever reason:

Wally Mathis’ home of 10 years sits on Ellis Street in the next block from where Antonio was slain.

His friends Santiago and West didn’t have the means to buy a car themselves, Mathis said, so he and Frank Van Delinde bought a used Buick together and sold it to them on time.

“They paid every week, never missed a payment, until they paid it off,’’ Mathis said.

Ellis Street has become the thoroughfare between public housing to the west and Dixville to east.

Mathis said that he hears people going by at all hours, there have been break-ins, some unreported and sometimes he hears shots in the night.

But it was the shots at 9:15 Thursday morning in broad daylight that changed so much.

“I can’t fathom it, shooting a baby in a stroller, asleep,’’ he said.

But people adjust. They’re out walking Union Street again, riding their bicycles and sitting on their porches, but one scene will be missing.

“Most every day, you’d see her out strolling the baby,’’ Mathis said of West.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...ck-shaken-neighborhood-reflects#ixzz2OaiQ6bKa

Ms. West reminds me of another family member of a victim in another case I follow. Some of you may get the reference. In the Cousins who disappeared and were found dead in IA recently they had an aunt, bless her heart, she was all over Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell's shows and show spoke in a similar fashion (ie. stream of conscious, little dibs and details coming out in various interviews).

I have never found the aunt to be deceptive or changing her story, it was just her excited utterance manner of speaking. Wanting to get it all out there, mid-sentence recalling another thought and going in another direction with her statement.

It seemed disjointed to many who listened and I cannot tell you much that poor woman's words have been picked to bits.

Antonio's mom reminds me a lot of Lyric Cook Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins Aunt Tammy in that way.

Again, I don't see inconsistencies, I see someone traumatized, trying to put it all together in her own mind and be "helpful" by relaying all the thoughts bouncing around in her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member