GA GA - Briana Winston, 23, missing for nearly 3 weeks - April 05, 2024

Warrants to arrest Michale Edwards were obtained on Friday for malice murder in the disappearance of Briana Winston. Clayton County Police Department said they would release more details at a press conference on Monday, May 13, around 2:30 p.m.

No other details were released about the incident; previously, police said that Edwards was the father of Winston's child and live-in boyfriend.
fb9a841a-270d-42bd-963b-76669d360ad6_1140x641.jpg

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

According to court documents, Edwards allegedly choked Winston to death during an argument and put her body into a suitcase. He then drove to Tennessee, put the suitcase in a barrel, and set it on fire using gasoline and lighter fluid, investigators said.

The Clayton County Police Department has called a news conference for 2:30 p.m. Monday to discuss the arrest and other developments in the case.

Edwards’ preliminary hearing is set for June 5. He remains in Clayton County Jail without bond.

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

"It was not a crime that was committed in the heat of passion, there was malice," said Lt. Ashanti Marbury with the Clayton County Police Department. "There was some intent there."

According to police, Winston was killed on March 17 during an early morning argument with Michale Edwards about his alleged infidelity. Winston was reportedly strangled to death.

[...]

Investigators say Edward's mom, Ebony Anderson and his brother Keilan Wright are also charged with helping destroy evidence.

"It turned into a family affair," Marbury said. "He definitely looped everyone into this crime."

[...]

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

On Monday, May 6, the investigation moved to Tennessee and police began a search along a stretch of I-40 for Winston's remains. They eventually traveled to Gates, Tennessee, where police met a man who they believed would be able to give them some more information about Winston's last moments. The man, who is now immune from some charges for his alleged role in her death, told police that he helped Michale Edwards burn Winston's body and hide some of her skeletal remains.

[...]

Police said the man told them Michale Edwards took some of Winston's remains and dumped them on the side of the highway, and he took the rest of her remains in a burn barrel and dumped them behind a Tennessee church in a cemetery.

[...]

Michale Edwards and Brienna Phillips-Edwards were secretly married in January, Lt. Marbury said at the news conference.

[...]

I have no words for these people, I'm disappointed they gave some form of immunity to one of them for details when that person was also involved. My thoughts and prayers are for Briana and her family and her poor baby.

MAY 14, 2024
... Cops arrested Edwards on an unrelated aggravated stalking charge on April 8. While in jail, Edwards reportedly called Phillips-Edwards and told her to burn his shoes and a pair of gloves. His wife, along with his brother Keilan Wright, 18, and his mother, 40-year-old Ebony Anderson, allegedly burned the items to destroy evidence.

Phillips-Edwards is facing charges of conspiracy to commit a crime and party to commission of a crime. Edwards’ brother and mom are facing conspiracy charges.

MAY 26, 2024
Those who loved 23-year-old Briana Winston gathered at Trammell Crow Park on Sunday to reflect on her life.

“She was very independent. She had a vision of what she wanted her life to be and she just kept pushing,” said Diana Moore, her godmother.

Clayton County police said the 23-year old mom of one was killed in March during an argument with her boyfriend Michale Edwards. Family said he had them fooled.

“He was quiet, he seemed to be caring, he was very adoring of his daughter, and Briana as well. So, it was extremely shocking,” said Moore.

Friends close to her and family members of Briana Winston are still trying to wrap their heads around the gruesome details of her killing.

"It was shocking. I’ve met Michale, he's been to my home, said Diana Moore, Winston's grandmother. "He was quiet. He seemed to be caring. He was very adoring of his daughter."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough
Back