GA - Bridget Shiel, 19, found murdered in Atlanta park, 31 May 2016

This cartridge is all about hype and not results. Of all the folks I shoot with none of them would this round for self defense. You'd be better off with Winchester SXT, Remington Golden Saber, Hornady Critical Defense/Duty or other such ammo by such manufacturers as Cor-Bon, Federal or Speer. The R.I.P. round has no controlled expansion. That is to say those ugly points break off not long after initial impact and you're basically left with a flat nose wadcutter with very little expansion. I'd venture to say that whoever was using this round knows very little about handguns and ammunition.
Thanks for the input. I had a feeling this whole ammo thing was blown out of proportion. No pun intended. This was a murdering two bit **** and he will be caught soon. Im surprised he hasn't been caught already.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

This cartridge is all about hype and not results. Of all the folks I shoot with none of them would this round for self defense. You'd be better off with Winchester SXT, Remington Golden Saber, Hornady Critical Defense/Duty or other such ammo by such manufacturers as Cor-Bon, Federal or Speer. The R.I.P. round has no controlled expansion. That is to say those ugly points break off not long after initial impact and you're basically left with a flat nose wadcutter with very little expansion. I'd venture to say that whoever was using this round knows very little about handguns and ammunition.

Yep JnRyan is right.
Don't Believe The Hype!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caution, graphic content.

While we are on the subject, Mobsters weapon of choice was mostly .22 (unless you were the Iceman).
A .22 is a much quieter weapon and .22 bullets reek havoc on their target, the little guys are more likely to stay inside the body and bounce around causing all kinds of horrible damage.
Someone can also be closer to the intended target and we all know what point blank range does.

JMO and I am just going on memory here because me Google finger is broken. I am not sure if Mobsters gun of choice is a .22 anymore,
but it used to be.

Justice for Bridget :candle: :rose:

Caution, graphic content.

While we are on the subject, Mobsters weapon of choice was mostly .22 (unless you were the Iceman).
A .22 is a much quieter weapon and .22 bullets reek havoc on their target, the little guys are more likely to stay inside the body and bounce around causing all kinds of horrible damage.
Someone can also be closer to the intended target and we all know what point blank range does.

JMO and I am just going on memory here because me Google finger is broken. I am not sure if Mobsters gun of choice is a .22 anymore,
but it used to be.

Justice for Bridget :candle: :rose:

It's easier to suppress the sound of a .22. The Special Forces during the Vietnam War used Ruger Mk I's with a sound suppressed barrel.

It's easier to suppress the sound of a .22. The Special Forces during the Vietnam War used Ruger Mk I's with a sound suppressed barrel.

Thank you JnRyan, I learned something today. [emoji362]

A little OT but , I had a friend that was shot in the head with a 22, and for a few days until they finished the autopsy they had no idea she was shot in the head the bullet entered in the crease behind the ear and just spun in the head and never left an exit wound LE totally missed it.

Sloane, so sorry that happened to your friend. .22's are nasty little buggers.

You're right - it doesn't have real stopping power (it's not an 'instant off switch' by any means): But check out the tests on ballistic gel - each one of those little points breaks off and goes its own direction inside the body; they're sharp, and tear up any organ they come in contact with, causing a lot of internal bleeding. I don't think these would result in a quick death though (as would a good self-defense round) - IMO the subject would suffer quite a bit before succumbing to their injuries. Would I use them for self-defense? No. I'm left wondering exactly why the subject used this type of ammunition, as it certainly would not be a common, standard choice. Your thoughts? What is the availability on this round (are they easily available in Georgia)?

You're right - it doesn't have real stopping power (it's not an 'instant off switch' by any means): But check out the tests on ballistic gel - each one of those little points breaks off and goes its own direction inside the body; they're sharp, and tear up any organ they come in contact with, causing a lot of internal bleeding. I don't think these would result in a quick death though (as would a good self-defense round) - IMO the subject would suffer quite a bit before succumbing to their injuries. Would I use them for self-defense? No. I'm left wondering exactly why the subject used this type of ammunition, as it certainly would not be a common, standard choice. Your thoughts? What is the availability on this round (are they easily available in Georgia)?

If you go to the manufacturer's web site, G2 Rearch and go to "Find a Dealer".

http://g2rammo.com/

Quite a few places around Atlanta. However I noted that we have a lot active duty military - Army, Navy, USAF, Marines and Coast Guard - in our area and there is only one place that carries it within a 50 mile radius. I know the place, too, and they basically carry just about everything in the way of ammo. Outside of that place you have to drive 100 miles to find another dealer and we have over 1.7 million people in our metropolitan area. So not a lot of demand for it here.

This is a case that I don't understand why it isn't moving forward. Bridget I can only hope it picks up pace

I cannot believe there is no movement on this!

I apologize if this link has already been posted, but it sounds like the lady mentioned in this article might possibly have some very crucial info regarding this case:
http://www.cbs46.com/story/32504554...ger-on-cbs46-investigation-into-bridget-shiel

APD is refuting some of the things that CBS46 has previously reported on this case as well.

ETA: The map at the bottom of this article is incorrect. I believe Marker 3 should say that it is the location where her car was found.

I mentioned it up thread ....I think they are trying to find the certain people who might have headed north ( I hope)

I keep coming back and checking. Hoping there is an arrest. It just seems stalled. I hope it is because LE is awaiting results from Bridget's car and contents and not because LE is at a deadend.

BUMP Bridget we are still here, still waiting, we wont give up RIP

Cj8TwpGXEAAAtQg.jpg

To the Killer(S): the absolute nerve to walk around like you're exempt from the dog poop that you truly are. What you do in this life, you will pay for DEARLY. You may walk around with a smile on your face, but rest assured, when you sleep at night, you may sleep, but you will never have rest, you will never be at peace and your remaining days are cursed...

RIP Bridget :love:

Still praying for justice

More than two dozen police officers knocked on doors and stopped neighbors in the streets Tuesday evening to try to find new leads in two unsolved murders.
Detectives have exhausted their leads in both cases and decided to go back into the area to drum up new information.

"We're just looking for anything to further these investigations," explained Lt. Charles Hampton with the homicide unit. "It's important that we come back out to the community and show that we're not [going to] let these cases just go cold."

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/212328975-story

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

"I'm begging with that person, please, please do the right thing," Angela Shiel said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...s-in-two-cold-case-murders-in-parks/458533695

Police only had a vague description of the two men seen with Shiel. One man is described as a black man, 20 to 30 years old wearing a white t-shirt with a goatee.

Anyone with information is asked to call Atlanta Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477).

I'm still wondering who these men are
http://www.11alive.com/news/crime/10k-reward-offered-in-murder-of-teen-found-naked-in-park/250280253

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back