GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that babies sleep a lot but has anyone found or seen a photo of this sweet angel with her eyes open? I would so like to see one of Caliyah when she was awake. I hope the grandparents have one. Usually with a newborn there are tons of photos. Thanks.

WOAH!!! I know I know... read and believe at your own risk but OMG OMG

I believe a large portion of some comments are misinformation or just rumors (ex. number of kids, relationship of mother and father etc). There is, buried among some of hersay comments, statements from those who searched and were on the scene when she was found. Agreed, read at your own risk. Some are heartbreaking.

The only issue is that it’s been ruled a homicide... can you be charged for accidental “murder”? I would think of that was the case it would be something else stated vs homicide. Accidental death or something like shaken baby syndrome or abusive head trauma. I hate that it’s ruled a homicide because to me, whether or not killing her was intentional, the anger and force most certainly was.

I was responding to your question based on COD being ruled "blunt force trauma", and asking if "force" indicated that she'd been attacked. It, alone, would not.

However, once "homicide" is charged, then yes, that is meant to reflect they are charging a person with the deliberate and unlawful killing of another person.

He seemed to dote on the older baby, but not the newborn... I wonder if he suspected that Caliyah was not his biological child, resented her. Killed her in a drug fueled rage, and the mother is so devoted to him she went along with it. Maybe they have/will run DNA to see if this was a possible motive.
I was wondering about this too. Some drugs make people paranoid.

Very true. I believe he/they wanted to make sure their stash was not in the home as they expected it would be searched.... but not smart enough to realize the entire outdoor area would be searched as well. Neither one seems too bright to me and heavy drug usage makes it worse.
bbm
This makes sense to me.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphq...=UzpfSTQzMjc5NTcwODIyOjEwMTU0OTY3MDI0MjA1ODIz
This is the news post by Fox5 here in Atlanta. There are some very interesting comments by people who searched. Some comments are replies to other comments.

Well, &^%$, you try to think positive about people, hoping it was an accident, and then, when ya go and read the searchers comments... Two cases today. Little Sherin supposedly sent out in the dark for not drinking her milk, gone. Now poor little Caliyah. Bless their little hearts. :(

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean your post. I was a mess. I even yelled at the operator (ashamed to say this) I was in shear panic. I just didn't go into details on how the morning started. I did once police and ems came to my home. I'm sorry :(
Sadly my father died that day and I think I knew in my heart he was gone already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no dyannaON, I am so very sorry about your precious father. :hug:
May he rest in peace.

Remember, that baby didn't test positive for anything, or she would not have been allowed to go home from the hospital. Mom may be simply exhausted, and not a POI at the moment either, so I'm staying off that topic here for now

Just want to say that newborns are NOT routinely drug tested. This may vary, based on where you live, but I know this is a fact where I live. Our pregnant girls on drugs will sometimes travel to distant hospitals where no one knows their history to give birth. That way, they have a chance of taking the baby home with them. They know if their OB doctor where I work is delivering, he WILL order the drug screen, based on the girl's known history, and CPS will be involved at that time.

Just want to say that newborns are NOT routinely drug tested. This may vary, based on where you live, but I know this is a fact where I live. Our pregnant girls on drugs will sometimes travel to distant hospitals where no one knows their history to give birth. That way, they have a chance of taking the baby home with them. They know if their OB doctor where I work is delivering, he WILL order the drug screen, based on the girl's known history, and CPS will be involved at that time.

I have to agree, my 7 month old was not drug tested... but there was no reason for him to be. I live in CO though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grand baby was born 2 yrs ago in a large hospital in Southern Cali, and they did not drug test the baby.

[But my DIL's OB delivered the baby. And she may have drug tested my DIL during the pregnancy at some point, just to check things out--I don't know. ]

I wonder if they drug tested the father. Is that something routinely done after an arrest? How long does methamphetamine stay in someone's system?

I go thru scenarios in my head over and over and can’t come to it just being the father responsible. There’s not a huge footprint in a mobile home. In my estimation they both participated and I pray with all that’s holy that two year old is safe and didn’t witness what happened to the baby.

[video=twitter;917445515998097410]https://twitter.com/ChrisJoseWSB/status/917445515998097410[/video]

"NEW: Surveillance video of Chris McNabb inside a Newton Co gas station. Clerk called 911. Cops arrested him minutes later. "
God bless that clerk so glad the authorities nabbed him

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

I go thru scenarios in my head over and over and can’t come to it just being the father responsible. There’s not a huge footprint in a mobile home. In my estimation they both participated and I pray with all that’s holy that two year old is safe and didn’t witness what happened to the baby.

I feel the same way. My heart hurts for the sweet 2 year old and the family who loved little Caliyah. I pray that whoever is responsible is convicted (all of them) and that little girl doesn’t grow up under the shadow of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5