GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a google alert about the "mom" being indicted! GOOD!!

Does anyone know how old she is?

TIA!

:judge: Justice for Caliyah!! :rose:
She'll be 25 in March
96703de5d732f1ab409366178dd88dbf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OMG! This is just breaking. It looks like the Grand Jury indicted Bell on the same day as Christopher McNabb:

COVINGTON, Ga. – The mother and father of a 15-day-old baby found dead in October were indicted in her death by a Newton County grand jury Friday.

According to a statement from District Attorney Layla Zon, Caliyah McNabb’s father, Christopher, was indicted by on eight counts including murder, felony murder, murder in the second degree and aggravated battery.

Caliyah’s mother, Cortney Bell, was charged with murder in the second degree, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor.
Bell had previously not been charged. She was taken into custody Saturday afternoon by Marshals and Newton County Sheriff’s Office deputies in the parking lot of Home Depot in Conyers.

http://www.waltontribune.com/article_573da800-f327-11e7-9ff0-8f1aa97ee36b.html

Wow, Bell's charged with second-degree murder, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor. I think many of us had suspicions, especially after listening to her 911 call, but the murder charge did surprise me. Waiting to hear more...
I thought the 911 call sounded quite odd, but then her father spoke about mom suffering from beatings, and I thought I was probably in error, and she was just freaked out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I thought the 911 call sounded quite odd, but then her father spoke about mom suffering from beatings, and I thought I was probably in error, and she was just freaked out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, her father's description of Cortney's back being black and blue from beatings made me pause too. I couldn't quite figure out why she had never said anything to him about it prior since she was close enough to him to call him when Caliyah disappeared but I get that abuse doesn't necessarily follow reason.

Her father said LE took pictures of the bruises to document the abuse so if that's true then it'll be a factor if her case goes to trial. But I'm also open to the possibility that there was no abuse in the home except to Caliyah. That 911 call really hit me in the gut. Cortney calling out "Caliyah" as if the newborn would come running at hearing her name or her saying she even looked "under clothes" chilled me to the bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZn3_y4lr0

Cortney Bell makes first appearance
Cortney Marie Bell makes her first appearance before Probate Judge Melanie Bell on Monday morning, Jan. 8, 2018, at the Newton County Jail.

Video in link below.
https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/accused-baby-killer-has-first-court-appearance/

Thanks for the link! I just watched the video of her appearing in front of the judge. NO response, reaction or tears. Stone-faced and cold. So happy to see this coming together- justice for baby is coming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cortney Marie Bell makes her first appearance before Probate Judge Melanie Bell on Monday morning, Jan. 8, 2018, at the Newton County Jail.

Video in link below.
https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/accused-baby-killer-has-first-court-appearance/

That 911 call was freakin' weird to me, from the git go, it was like she was calling a puppy and expected a two week old to just come crawling out. It was just too over the top.

Just watched the court video and I'm not feeling much sympathy at all for Mommy Dearest today. The father of the baby made a statement that the truth would come out. I think he did hide the baby, but I'm now, not so sure that he is the one who killed the baby. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out. Poor little Caliyah (and big sister too).

I am so glad to see this. I don't know who you ask to add ARRESTS to the top thread title.
At last justice seems to be that little bit closer.
Thanks for the updates. Xx

I am so glad to see this. I don't know who you ask to add ARRESTS to the top thread title.
At last justice seems to be that little bit closer.
Thanks for the updates. Xx

Done. Hopefully we'll see the addition soon.

In this article it says arraignment next week, but of course, no date..... :gaah:

Cortney Marie Bell makes her first appearance before Probate Judge Melanie Bell on Monday morning, Jan. 8, 2018, at the Newton County Jail. Cortney Bell was indicted Friday on charges including second-degree murder, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor.
[.....]
Arraignment will follow in the next week by Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John Ott in Newton County Superior Court. Ott will consider any request for bond.

As I asked before - anyone have a link to the court docket site?? TIA!

In this article it says arraignment next week, but of course, no date..... :gaah:

Cortney Marie Bell makes her first appearance before Probate Judge Melanie Bell on Monday morning, Jan. 8, 2018, at the Newton County Jail. Cortney Bell was indicted Friday on charges including second-degree murder, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor.
[.....]
Arraignment will follow in the next week by Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John Ott in Newton County Superior Court. Ott will consider any request for bond.

As I asked before - anyone have a link to the court docket site?? TIA!

Is that what you’re asking for? (Hopefully the link works for you!!)...

I wonder what her previous two arrests were for? It may have been previously discussed here but I can’t remember.

http://newtoncoga.offenderindex.com/

Sorry Niner, I couldn’t edit my reply! I think you wanted the case docs link lol duh... I couldn’t find it but I found this “This county has not yet opted to use the statewide Odyssey case management system, so their cases aren't available at mycase.in.gov.” So might not be available online?

I’ll keep searching.

Anyone have any thoughts on how CB could be tied in, looking at her charges VS CM's?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I really think she’s the one that snapped and hurt baby and then he went along with helping to cover up because he was scared. Maybe they were fighting and that was a way to throw a blow he couldn’t top?
I can’t wait for those details to emerge. I’m only basing it on his comment about how people are gonna be surprised about who did it. I actually believe him. She probably thought he’d take the fall for both and he ended up cracking. These are adults but he’s clearly still just a boy. Look at the difference between his arraignment and hers. At least he had his head hung low and couldn’t even look at the judge. She was like uh huh whatever. Makes me sick either way for what was done but man she’s cold as ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5