Deceased/Not Found GA - Debora Deloach Moody, 42, Long County, 4 Dec 2007

"An inmate who has been in jail for murder since 2010 has confessed to another murder, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. According to the GBI, Kenneth William Lumpkin confessed to the 2007 murder of Debora Gail Moody... Over the past several weeks, Lumpkin has again been interviewed by investigators, including a representative from the Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office.

In an attempt to find closure for the family and after consulting family members and all parties in agreement, Lumpkin was offered immunity from prosecution in exchange for information concerning Moody’s disappearance and the location of her remains. Lumpkin agreed to this and confessed that while attempting to sexually assault Moody he strangled her which led to her death.

Lumpkin provided an approximate location as to where he disposed of her body. Investigators have searched the area multiple times and as of this date have been unsuccessful in locating any items of interest."

Inmate confesses to murder of a Georgia woman who has been missing since 2007 | The Georgia Sun

I have updated the Case Archive.

Lori Arrowood and Gail Moody are in the same Case Archive since they were thought to have the same murderer and now it has been confirmed.

If you check it out, you will find Gail's new articles on the last few pages. Over the years, setting changed and I am no longer able to organize by date. Anyways... check the last few pages, or better yet, give a quick look through the whole thing.

This evil man caused heartache for so many.

Lori Arrowood - Gail Moody -GA- by amanda reckonwith

missing-persons - NICno: Debora Gail DeLoach Moody | Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Debora Gail DeLoach Moody
102425740Moody.jpg

Case Info
Last Seen Date: Tue, 12/04/2007
Race: White
Weight: 116
Height: 5' 6"
Sex: Female
Hair Color: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Contact Info: Georgia Bureau of Investigation Kingsland Office at 912-729-6198

Debora Gail Deloach Moody was last seen at her residence in Ludowici, Long County, Georgia on Tuesday, December 4, 2007, at approximately 6:00 p.m. Her family discovered she was missing and reported it to the authorities on December 10, 2007.

If you have any information or questions please contact
Long County Sheriff’s Office
Detective Ty Smith
912-545-2118
Or
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Kingsland Office
912-729-6198

Hello Friends,

Has anyone done a FOIA request on the Lori Arrowood portion of this case? I'm in the process of digging in on this one and wondered if anyone else had gone that far as of yet. I don't know if he has more deceased victims or not, but I wouldn't be at all shocked to find that he has some rape cases out there in the SE GA area. Given his position with Liberty County at the time of his arrest, I wouldn't be surprised to find he used his uniform to attempt to force or coerce sexual contact.

Anyone else of the same opinion?

Dino

June 21, 2019

Nov 21, 2022 post on this page

<<I guess the GBI can't be bothered to take Kenneth Lumpkin out of prison and let him take them to where he left her. They couldn't find her, so that's it? They call it quits? That doesn't seem fair to Gail or the family. Id turn heaven and hell until they took him out to where ever he said, she was to let him show them personally where he left her!! >>

I have to say, I totally agree with this. Why in the world would they not take Lumpkin to the area??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back