GUILTY GA - Emani Moss, 10, starved, body burned, Gwinnett County, 2 Nov 2013

There are psych tests that said she has brain damage, so I won't be surprised.

Court documents: Stepmom acting as own lawyer has brain damage
Come to find out, the doctor is this article hasn't examined her or the test results....so he is going with the theme of the article. My doctorate in psychology leads me to guess that she's a sociopath, which also shows differences in the frontal lobe. She thinks she is smarter than everyone else and has no empathy for anyone.

Come to find out, the doctor is this article hasn't examined her or the test results....so he is going with the theme of the article. My doctorate in psychology leads me to guess that she's a sociopath, which also shows differences in the frontal lobe. She thinks she is smarter than everyone else and has no empathy for anyone.

Interesting. Are there any markers or additional tests which can be done to differentiate between a true brain injury and a sociopath?

I can't believe this woman decided to represent herself and then did nothing to defend herself at all. And I can't believe it was even allowed.

The last woman executed in GA didn't actually kill anyone personally but hired someone to kill her husband. If she was executed I can't imagine Moss getting off after knowingly starving and burning this child. But this just seems really off and like it will go nowhere since she represented herself.

Gwinnett woman’s competence could be focus of death sentence appeal

May 2, 2019

"...Moss’s unsettling decision to present no evidence during the sentencing phase of her trial was extraordinarily unusual. It happened at a time when state capital defenders routinely conduct extensive investigations into a defendant’s childhood, schooling and background so they can introduce mitigating evidence to try and convince a jury to impose a sentence of life, not death.

The strategy has been so effective that Moss’s death sentence was the first one handed down in Georgia in more than five years. But her inaction during trial made the jury’s final verdict seem inevitable. And maybe that was the point, some said.

“Was this a suicide by trial?” wondered Denise de la Rue, a jury consultant in Decatur.

Then there is the question Moss’s mental fitness.

In pretrial rulings, Superior Court Judge George Hutchinson found Moss both competent to stand trial, and free to represent herself. She had said she was putting her case in God’s hands, although capital defenders who initially represented her disclosed that she had suffered brain damage.

But the six-man, six-woman jury in Moss’s case heard none of that.

“Representing yourself is very different than sitting there and doing nothing,” said de la Rue, .... “How can anyone be considered competent when they do nothing?”..."

Gwinnett woman’s competence could be focus of death sentence appeal

Interesting. Are there any markers or additional tests which can be done to differentiate between a true brain injury and a sociopath?
Not that I know of...lack of empathy is a stretch for a brain injury, IMO

What happened to Emani Moss’ siblings?

May 1, 2019

"...Emani’s half brother and half sister

Emani was the biological daughter of Eman Moss and the stepdaughter of Tiffany Moss. Shortly after they married in 2010, Eman and Tiffany had two children of their own: a son and daughter.

The court system has kept the identities of the children and their locations secret, as they should. However we do know they are now in a safe and happy place.

“They were adopted by their foster parents and they are doing great,” said Gwinnett Co. District Attorney Danny Porter. "They may never know what happened."

After their parent’s arrests, both biological grandmothers requested custody of them. The court denied those requests and placed the children in the foster care system for a short while, according to Porter...."

What happened to Emani Moss’ siblings?

New trial requested in stepmom death penalty murder case (with clip)
Tiffany Moss was sentenced to death for starving her 10-year-old stepdaughter and burning her body in a trashcan.

May 28, 2019

"LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — No sooner than the ink had dried on the guilty verdicts, the Georgia Capital Defender group filed a motion asking for a new trial for Tiffany Moss, the Gwinnett County woman convicted of killing her stepdaughter, Emani Moss....

The Georgia Capital Defender’s group has filed a request for a new trial on six points. They claim Moss was not competent to act as her own attorney....

The actual results of the neuropsychological testing done on Moss are sealed, but it could play a role in the motion for a new trial."

New trial requested in stepmom death penalty murder case

newsEngin.22611802_emani-moss.jpg

Tiffany Moss’s original death sentence dates come and go (with clips)
The Gwinnett County woman was given the death penalty in April for starving her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Emani Moss, to death.

June 19, 2019

"ATLANTA — A Gwinnett County mother convicted in April of starving her 10-year-old stepdaughter to death then burning her body was sentenced to die this month - but that time frame has come and gone.

A jury took less than three hours to find Tiffany Moss guilty of the horrific crimes against her daughter Emani Moss, April 30. As required by Georgia law, a judge is required to set a date for the death penalty to be carried out between 20 and 60 days of when a defendant is sentenced. Judge George Hutchinson set Moss's execution to be carried out the week of June 7 through the 14....

However, there was no way Moss would have been put to death that soon because death penalty sentences have an automatic appeal process.

“There is no chance she will be executed in 2019,” explained Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter, who prosecuted Moss...."

Tiffany Moss’s original death sentence dates come and go

A death penalty defense group is now representing Moss. A motion for new trial hearing is scheduled for Nov. 15.

August 23, 2019

"GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Tiffany Moss, the stepmother facing a death penalty after being convicted of starving her stepdaughter to death earlier this year, appeared in court Friday.

Moss was in Gwinnett County Superior Court for a status hearing. She is now being represented by Josh Moore, the appellate director for the Office of the Georgia Capital Defender.

The Georgia Capital Defenders is a division of the Georgia Public Defender Council and is charged with providing a defense to all indigent defendants facing the death penalty.

It's not clear if Moss, who represented herself at trial, requested the new representation...."

Tiffany Moss appears in court, has new lawyer
---

Tiffany Moss status hearing

Aug 23, 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members