Identified! GA - Gwinnett Co., Fem Skeletal UP 15616, 20s, in suitcase off I-985, Jul'16 - Jessica Manchini

12898538_G.jpg

Updated picture: UPDATE: Chattanooga family, police helping in investigation of human bones found in suitcase

Last edited:
Police identify bones found in suitcase off of I-985
“A tag from the suitcase appeared to have faded blue ink that was no longer visible to the human eye. Several lighting tests were done in 2016 to try and read the writing, but the ink appeared to have washed away,” Gwinnett County Police Cpl. Michele Pihera wrote in a news release.

This month, the tags were re-examined with new technology that revealed a partial name and address.

That led them to Jessica Ashley Manchini, 29, a missing woman originally from Pennsylvania who spent her last few years in Gwinnett County.

Manchini was reported missing in December 2014 by her mother.

So she was disposed of in her own luggage and the perp didn't even bother removing the luggage tag with her name in it? That's pretty ballsy. Makes me think the perp was confident she wouldn't be easily linked to him. What a shame it took so long for technology to be able to reveal the faded tag's writing. MOO.

Rest in Peace Jessica. I hope justice is coming soon.

Police ID woman found in suitcase along I-985 in 2016

[...]

"When she was found, her remains were skeletonized and in the suitcase that was in a wooded area off 985," Gwinnett County Medical Examiner Dr. Carol Terry told the Daily Post. "In doing the examination, there were no recent fractures of any bones ... she was distinctive for having this fusion of the spine and scoliosis, but nobody came forward and we had no idea who she was."

[...]

Investigators located Manchini's mother, who confirmed the woman had scoliosis and that she'd had prior back surgery, Terry said.

"The information that we'd had about her — the age, the stature — fit, because she was 5-foot-2 and we estimated that," Terry said. "A forensic anthropology expert out in Phoenix actually has estimated the age 22 to 28. I think she was last alive in 2015, so she would have been 28 or 29, so she was right there on it."

Manchini was originally from Pennsylvania, where her mother still is, Terry said, but had been living in the Gwinnett County area during the last few years of her life, according to police. It's still not exactly clear how she died.

Read more: Police ID woman found in suitcase along I-985 in 2016

Rest in Peace Jessica. Hope the person who did this is found. Such a bold thing to do...leaving her in her suitcase, not even removing the tags....very confident and bad person....must be a stranger.....

She lived a really difficult life. I'm sure her death was a result of that (NOT trying to blame her, just add some context). She probably spent a lot of time with people who would have no problem harming her. Whoever did this to her considered her to be less than a person :(

"Washed away by the elements, the ink on a suitcase tag containing a woman’s remains were unreadable to Gwinnett County Police for years. But an investigator using a special camera last month was able to crack the case...

Police discovered faded blue ink on a suitcase tag, but several lighting tests at the time were unable to pick up information.

The crime scene investigator said last week he used a UV/IR camera “in combination with a variety of alternate light sources, which captures invisible wavelengths.” UV and IR stand for ultraviolet and infrared, which are wavelengths respectively shorter and longer than what is visible to the naked eye.

“This process was able to capture the remnants of the ink, even though it had been washed away from outdoor elements,” according to the crime scene investigator."

How police identified woman's remains found in suitcase on I-985

Rest Easy Jessica
Sorry your life was ended in a horrible way, put in a suitcase and left in a way nobody deserves.
Thankful to all who never gave up on this thread.
Awesome work by all authorities in charge.
May you receive diginty after death that you did not have during life.
Your life mattered.
May your mother have peace knowing you were found and Justice for all.

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey folks, it's okay to link to an obituary but please do not bring the names of family members (or anyone else listed) to the board. If you must discuss one of the names, use initials only please.

Thanks.

manchin-and-sketch-sbs.jpg

From the left: A released photo of Jessica Ashley Manchini, who police identified as the woman whose remains were found stuffed in a suitcase along a Georgia highway three years ago. Police released a forensic illustration in 2016 of what the woman might have looked like based on the remains.

According to authorities, the new technology revealed a partial name and a Pennsylvania address on the suitcase. Manchini's identity was then confirmed using dental and medical records...

LINK:
Remains found in suitcase in 2016 finally ID'd using new technology, police say

manchin-and-sketch-sbs.jpg

From the left: A released photo of Jessica Ashley Manchini, who police identified as the woman whose remains were found stuffed in a suitcase along a Georgia highway three years ago. Police released a forensic illustration in 2016 of what the woman might have looked like based on the remains.

According to authorities, the new technology revealed a partial name and a Pennsylvania address on the suitcase. Manchini's identity was then confirmed using dental and medical records...

LINK:
Remains found in suitcase in 2016 finally ID'd using new technology, police say

That forensic sketch was close. Hopefully her identification will be the clue that leads to solving this case.

From your link,

Anyone with information about what happened to Manchini is asked to call detectives at 770-513-5300 or Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477. They can also visit www.stopcrimeATL.com, the Journal-Constitution reported.

Police are looking for details about who knew Manchini and what was going on in her life before she died. Tips can anonymous, and information that leads to an arrest and indictment can earn tipsters up to $2,000.

Do y’all wanna try my system for easy access to “scoliosis” or any other variant wildcard WS search criteria? I’ve found this formula very useful & I’m willing to help all I can. Copy/paste entire string into Google search bar… don’t click WS Hyperlink showing up below here: we can further narrow these findings but it’s a down and dirty for starters.

site:www.websleuths.com "scoliosis"

I’m surprised so many connections pop up… I have extremely severe scoliosis so I know a lot about the condition. My doc first called me at home years ago and said the only patient he had heard of with my scores was a marathon runner from Kenya.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back