GA GA - Hannah Truelove, 16, Gainesville, 24 August 2012

So I have gone through a lot of the articles and post that people have made and I have attempted to compile a list of sorts of Who What When Where etc of this case.
Who? Hannah Truelove 16 years old (the victim); an older man who found the body was questioned and released presumably at the scene.
- Police believe that her attacker was not random and that she probably knew them
-She posted about having a stalker, although, with research done by the police, they don't put much stock into an actual stalker.
When?
-August 2012
-Last seen at the picnic table(parking lot has also been mentioned) after hanging with friends on Thursday night around7-730 pm. Her body was found around a day later around 730 pm Friday night
What?
-Her body was found Friday night around 730 pm on (or near) the shore of Lake Lanier; treated as a suspicious death initially and then was ruled homicide.
-There is the potential she could have been pregnant; on her social media, she was talking about presumably a boy and drama and issues with the boy and messing up and how her tummy had been getting bigger and having issues.
- She mentioned she had a stalker
-She made a post on her twitter about someone treating her badly but still going back; potential for an abusive boyfriend being involved.
-Car was spotted Thursday, August 23 around the time she went missing; Police believe that occupant(s) of the car may have important information
-Dad believes that due to the nature of the attack may be another girl or schoolmate could have been involved.
-Dad also mentioned that Hannah had been apprehensive of riding the bus; may have been someone she feared on the same bus
-May have also been stabbed in the attack

Have you ever heard the case of Skylar Neese? Some eerie similarities, but with different parts such as how she left the house and how her body was discovered.

Basically, her best friends lured her to sneak out of her house, and then killed her. One of the friends put on a huge "I will find who did this" persona with the underlying motive to obtain more information, and the other one cracked quickly.

Teenage girls can be ruthless....

One thing that stands out about this case to me was a detail mentioned in the "Trace Evidence" Podcast, stating that a witness put a black man with dreadlocks at the scene of the crime shortly before died.

I do not mean this the wrong way, but that description sounds exactly like something that a white person would say, if they knew more about the situation than they were letting on. Listening to the podcast, it implied that Hannah's main circle of friends and acquaintances where mostly white.

Factor in the witness description with the vehicle description and I feel like something is VERY off here. The cops are now interested in a black man with dreads, driving a car that (according to its description) should be very easy to recognize. This could possibly be just major misdirections intentionally told to the police to throw them off.

Please welcome our newest verified member. Dsasleuth is verified as a very close friend of Hanna Truelove's father.
Hanna's father had wonderful things to say about Dsasleuth and has known her for decades.
You can ask Dsasleuth questions but it is up to Dsasleuth whether they answer or not.

Verified members must always be treated with respect.

Thank you Dsasleuth for your hard work and for becoming verified.

Take Care,
Tricia

My understanding was that Hannah was denied a phone due to issues of skipping school, that sort of thing, is that not correct? If so, it is not that bizarre a punishment, I guess. I also do not believe she would not have a house key or the code for the gate. Has this been verified? Or just Dad saying this about the code, when he might not know for sure?
He knew for sure. About the phone restriction and the gate.
The phone restriction was a recent event. Jeff was trying to co-parent effectively and be supportive of both Hannah and her mom.
His only way to get in touch with Hannah was to call moms phone or sit in a specific parking space, that could be seen by her apartment windows, and wait.
He and Hannah had standing dinner dates and kept to them as much as possible.
She had spent a lot of the summer with him. And had recently moved back with her mom to continue in the same Gainesville City School system.

Hannah had a way into the apartment. There is a video of Hannah's mom describing coming home that day, Hannah was not home, but her mom knew she had been home after school because the mail had been thrown on the couch, so she did not worry.
When Hannah was not home when she awoke from a nap, she began to worry. <I WILL POST LINK TO VIDEO>.

Here is another interesting article I found today.

Gainesville High School Students' Racist YouTube Rant Forces Girls To Leave School, Apologize (video)

Feb 12, 2012 - After two minors from Gainesville High School in Gainesville, Fla., posted a nearly 14-minute-long racist rant on YouTube, the girls are "no longer students at the school."

Gainesville High School Students' Racist YouTube Rant Forces Girls To Leave School, Apologize (VIDEO) | HuffPost
Hanna Truelove was from Gainesville, GA. Where her family still lives. This is not about what this post tries to make it about.

Please welcome our newest verified member. Dsasleuth is verified as a very close friend of Hanna Truelove's father.
Hanna's father had wonderful things to say about Dsasleuth and has known her for decades.
You can ask Dsasleuth questions but it is up to Dsasleuth whether they answer or not.

Verified members must always be treated with respect.

Thank you Dsasleuth for your hard work and for becoming verified.

Take Care,
Tricia

Sorry to interrupt the flow of discussion, OT but needing to clarify:

Due to some software limitations and to avoid some behind the scene confusion, Dsasleuth's avatar had to be reduced in one respect in order to add that they are a Liaison for Hannah's thread only. This is to avoid or at least reduce the potential for Dsasleuth to get bombarded with messages from members from a multitude of other threads who could be thinking that Dsasleuth should be helping resolve all their problems ;)

Tried editing six ways to Sunday, and the best I could come up with was to show "Hannah Truelove Liaison, Verified Family Friend" because the system simply would not accommodate "Hannah Truelove Liaison, Verified Friend of Hannah Truelove's Father".

Just wanting to clarify that Dsasleuth's status as a friend of Hannah's dad has not changed, only how it has to appear on their avatar.

FYI, many links are broken in this thread (as with many, if not most of the very old cases). I repaired a couple of the early ones in this case but had to stop as time simply does not permit.

Members may be able to find some of them by running the old URL through the Wayback Machine, but it is impossible for Mods and Admins to find the time to do this.

Re post..
20e80cf4-1176-4077-9551-6b444abb2118_1920x1080.jpg

December 31, 2019 rbbm.
Hannah Truelove’s murder remains unsolved
"It’s a peaceful, almost idyllic, North Georgia setting.
Until we realize we’re walking towards the site of one of the Atlanta-area’s most notable cold case murders: Hannah Truelove. The 16-year-old Gainesville High School student who was killed just a few hundred yards from her home.

“This is the spot where Hannah’s body was located,” Lt. Dan Franklin of the Hall County Sheriff pointed out. “It’s basically a ravine that is used for runoff for street drains from the apartment parking lot.”

Aug. 23, 2012 started off as a normal day for Truelove.

She went to school at Gainesville High School, returned home to the Lake Lanier Club Apartments where she lived with her mom, and hung out in the yard of the apartment complex for a few hours with friends.

“She had lots of friends. Seemed to be pretty popular in school,” Franklin said.

Truelove was last seen at 7:30 p.m. that day, standing outside in a common area of the apartments. By 9:30, when she had not returned home, her mother knew something was wrong.''

''She’d been stabbed several times and left in a stream bed a stone’s throw from Lake Lanier.''

But Lt. Franklin believes Truelove knew her killer.''

''He also thinks more than one person may have been present when she was stabbed.

“Who we try to reach are not necessarily the person that had the knife in their hand, but anybody that was present and maybe would be less culpable and didn’t have as much responsibility but was just there, maybe in a situation they didn’t want to be in," Franklin said.''

•Aug 23, 2018

Hannah_Truelove.max-1200x675.jpg

Hannah Truelove

Re post 2013
Mother makes plea in daughter's death investigation
''Full statement from Hannah Truelove's mother

My name is Mona Harris; I am the mother of Hannah Truelove. Hannah was reported missing on August 23, 2012 and she was found dead on August 24, 2012. Hannah’s family and friends have been living a nightmare since Hannah was reported missing and found murdered. Our entire family has suffered and continues to suffer every minute of every day since that fateful evening.

As her mother, Hannah meant and still means the world to me. I spent 16 years watching her grow and develop into a caring and loving young lady. Hannah had such a great sense of humor and a bright future. If you could have known Hannah you would understand how important she was to all of our lives. Everyday my memories of Hannah come flooding back, what I wouldn’t give to have her here with me again.

I would like to send a message to anyone who may have information about Hannah’s death to please come forward and help me end this nightmare. I am haunted by Hannah’s death, as any mother can understand. Please help my family by coming forward with your information, even if that information is about your son or daughter. I feel sure you know they can’t come to grips with Hannah’s death until they are truthful about what happened to Hannah.

We can’t go back and save Hannah but we can honor her memory and bring closure to her tragic death. I pray to Almighty God, you are willing to do with for Hannah even though you may not have known her. I know in my heart Hannah would have done the same for you.

Sincerely,

Hannah’s mother, Mona Harris''

''A grieving mother held on to her composure as she made an emotional plea asking anyone with information related to her teenage daughter’s killing to come forward.

“Hannah’s family and friends have been living a nightmare since Hannah was reported missing and found murdered,” said Mona Harris, the mother of Hannah Truelove, on Wednesday afternoon at the Hall County Sheriff’s Office. “Our entire family has suffered and continues to suffer every minute of every day since that fateful evening.”

Truelove, a 16-year-old Gainesville High School student, was found dead Aug. 24 behind Lake Lanier Club Apartments, where she lived with her mother.

The teenager’s body was discovered by a resident in thick woods between the apartment complex and Lake Lanier. She had been stabbed multiple times, investigators have said.''

Bumping for Hannah.
Wondering if minuscule trace evidence found at the crime scene- even after the rains- could now be sent to Othram? They are solving decades old cases with tiny amounts of highly degraded biological samples, and securing financial resources through crowdfunding. Would love to see this case solved!

A decade has passed since the murder of a Hall County teenager. Hannah Truelove was stabbed to death on Aug. 23, 2012.

[snip]

The lead investigator on the case says it’s still active and he is 100% confident their main suspect is her killer.

But the joint investigation of the Hall County Sheriff’s Office and GBI has yet to find enough evidence to build a case and make an arrest.

[snip]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back