GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above was posted by Subie in this Thread, Post #292 on October 4th. I believe that the original Facebook post that Subie references above has been edited and the word "recording" no longer appears. As I recall, the post originally gave credit to Subie and the PI for finding it. Does anyone else remember this? I will continue to look.
I remember seeing it somewhere. I think it was FB because I think her dad was saying something to the effect of 'the PI that we hired with the funds that were contributed has already made progress by helping to find this recording.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes its there in the edit history of the post. We have to be careful though as we are bordering breach of TOS? Im not sure? Maybe someone can clarify

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

No, I'm saying during the PI's interviews, the recording was discovered

On 10/4 subie said: "Privately obtained from a friend of hers. I cannot comment any more on it right now other than she spoke with this person around 1030 that night about upcoming plans that night before heading home ."

I'm a bit rushed and this was the only post I could find quickly. It may have been info from a FB post that referenced the recording which I now can't find. Subies previous post mentioned LE needed to speak with this person though, so LE did not discover the recording first.

It's ok. I have been reminded it came from an October private FB page of LVG so it can't be linked. I just cannot understand LE not contacting those last callers for so long.
Subie's post alerted us to the Fb post but we can't link it as Stanly has stated. Sorry for confusion.

It's ok. I have been reminded it came from an October Private FB page of LVG so it can't be linked. I just cannot understand LE not contacting those last callers for so long.
I am with you here. I think that LE initially dropped the ball on this case. IMO, this case on the surface appeared to them to be a voluntary disappearance and they didn't work the leads they had. It seemed to me that only when the car was retrieved and more pressure from the family was there more interest/action from LE.

No, I'm saying during the PI's interviews, the recording was discovered

IIRC / IMO:

As a refresher, 4 men who have been discussed:

Person 1: Ex who Jenna met with that night while in her mother’s car; Family believes the meeting was at a Handi Mart near his residence at 1145pm; Ex stated he met with her at 10pm at his residence and that he broke up with her that night; story keeps changing. He disparaged Jenna's reputation to the police.

Person 2: Roommate

Person 3: IG guy; was supposed to meet in College Park area; didn’t happen.

Person 4: Violent ex; met him in college; used to come into store where Jenna worked, demanding money from Jenna; Jenna was sending money to him through Western Union; Feb 2017 Jenna was accused of stealing money from the store where she worked; violent ex most likely exploited her to do this; regular conversations with this violent ex & sending of money to him stopped in Feb / March 2017; No information that Jenna had any sort of contact with this violent ex on the night she went missing; Only mention him here because some keep confusing him with Person 1 (ex).

===

With that said, I agree with webweaved, I do not care if someone was standing naked on a corner, with a joint in their mouth...they are a human being, who is loved and missed.

She may be 25 years old, but she may have the social skills of a 13 year old, who is easily exploited. Why does it matter about her past?

The sad reality is that the culture in which we live, Media, LE and even most of the public will put a case, that has even a whisper of 'prostitution' or 'drugs', as the lowest of priorities.

If you have a background in criminal justice / law enforcement / security, you may know this sad reality, and use it to your advantage to prevent traction / interest in a missing person case.
IMO

I hate to say this but I do agree with all you’ve said. It’s especially troubling when Dekalb LE initially made a statement along the lines of, “we found Jenna on Backpage (site often used for prostitution), so she wasn’t the innocent girl you think she is...” (Please don’t quote me as I can’t recall word for word but that’s the gist of it.) That was stated early on to parents & certainly appeared that because of their assumptions & mis-identification of Jenna, they weren’t too concerned about finding her. It’s unfortunate it’s taken LE so long to take this seriously. The average person knows the first 48 hours are crucial to a MP investigation. Even the first week of 2 is better than months down the road; how is it that LE doesn’t seem to realize this?!? ::facepalm::

Just bringing some posts forward for reference. The guy who made the recording is not any of the persons mentioned by subie and expanded on by PG above AFAIK. Also, I note that PG has stated the violent ex is the one receiving the WU payments. Was that confirmed by Subie because I do not remember that?

I am not sure that LE made the statement about Jenna being on Backpage, did they? I do remember that it was suggested by someone very early in her disappearance but I don't think that it was LE.

I am not sure that LE made the statement about Jenna being on Backpage, did they? I do remember that it was suggested by someone very early in her disappearance but I don't think that it was LE.
iirc it was the fact LE realised she wasnt anything to do with Backpage that prompted them to do something and take it more seriously?

iirc it was the fact LE realised she wasnt anything to do with Backpage that prompted them to do something and take it more seriously?

Now, there were two incidents, one where they said J had been found early on, and that was wrong, then the back page incident where LE thought it was J. These incidents were unconnected right? But strange nonetheless because LE maintained they had never said she was found.

Please continue Here for Jenna.

Some posts have been brought over.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads