GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to figure out how the coke cans and their location would play into this if the story is changing? Who reported she left to go get drinks? The two friends she was playing with?

I have to admit when I see a Mom who refuses to speak to the media it rings my hinky bell. I know everyone is different in how they handle things like this, but I never saw a tear in that interview with her last night. I'm admitting I am jaded and cynical.

It never seems to end well when the stories about the last contact are changing. I wish we knew what was taken from the van.

I am willing to give her the benefit of doubt for not speaking to the media. It could be intimidating and embarrassing if she requires a translation and if the police discovered some unsavory circumstances at their home requiring that the children be removed.

Is Jorely fluent in English?

Has it been confirmed that the Coke cans had been handled by Jorely? Where did she get them? If she took them from the apartment, didn't the mother see her come and get them?

What's up with that reservoir? Is it an open area the public can easily access like Lake Alatoona, or is it enclosed/secured somehow?

Looks to be public, and is part of a lake for the Big Sky subdivision which is up Reservoir Parkway. Hickory Log Creek and Reservoir. We had only seen it from the road during walks, so I didn't know what it was used for, but found this online -

http://www.great-sky.com/lake.cfm

Police tell FOX 5 that they have sent several coke cans to the lab for tests. The cans were found behind building 7000 in the River Ridge Apartments.

Investigators told FOX 5 News on Sunday that they have not ruled out anyone as a possible suspect in the case. Crime scene technicians were seen pouring through the Rivera family van on Sunday afternoon. They were also spotted in and around the apartment where the family lives.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...Missing-7-Year-Old-Canton-Girl-20111202-pm-pk

WSBTV local news broadcast...

- reporter at command center says crew just took off in hurry, gathered equipment including ropes and headed to area they say includes a steep incline
- two of Jorely's friends say her sister was playing with her and sister went inside because she was cold and Jorely was outside by herself, last time they saw her was at 3:45 pm
- reporter went to mother's apartment and mother wouldn't talk to him, female at door said there was nothing new and she (mother) didn't want to talk to them
- LE says family is cooperating, no one has been ruled out, everyone is a person of interest

BBM
Seen last at 3:45. What if JR stayed on the playground, and some "older kids" came out, and that is who she went to get drinks for. Maybe she ran into apt. and said I'm getting some drinks for my friends. Getting drinks story could have originated in the house, and not the playground.

That's 2 or 3 comments so far that make me wonder was home was like, and what kind of supervision Jorelys had......

TWO women interviewed on 11 alive said the same... One young woman that lives/lived in the apartment above them. The other knew her through her child (I think)

Do we know where her apt. building is in relation to the playground?

:waitasec: could be?
JR's daddy was "in Puerto Rico" and mom had the children alone?
Did I read that right? I wonder does he live there or was he just visiting?
Articles say he flew here Saturday to help look for her...
I haven't heard anything stating if mom was unwed, married or divorced...

I first heard the father was in PR, but later heard Miami. Saw this comment on an 11Alive article that dad is just working in Miami to earn extra money.

http://www.11alive.com/comments/215763/8/CANTON--Police-looking-for-missing-7-year-old-girl

As far as I know, we do not. I do believe there are two playgrounds, though. :seeya:
The upstairs neighbor said they lived close to the playground and she was known to go straight home.
FWIW- they also said lack of proper supervision...

The Georgia Child Abduction Response Team joined the search Monday for 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who's been missing since Friday.

More than 50 representatives from several state agencies, including the Department of Corrections, Department of Probation and Paroles and the Department of National Resources.

"They come together in a coordinated way and bring their unique skills to this search," said GBI Director Vernon Keenan.
http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-child-abduction-response-team-joins-search-missing-girl

and another snip:

On Sunday night, investigators searched the family's van and took evidence bags out of her mother's apartment. Crews also looked through dumpsters with trained search dogs.

Police said the family is cooperating. But Jorelys' mother has lost custody of her two younger children, at least temporarily.

"We don't think the child's mother had anything to do with her disappearance at this point," said Det. Candy Worthy. "We just think that she was not supervising well enough to keep all of the children safe," Det. Worthy wrote.

is her name Jorely or Jorelys? (I have seen it spelled two different ways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member