GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but the talk about 2 soda cans being opened and 2 not just makes me almost faint. I don't know how much longer I can take this....I don't know how cops do it. I wish I was as strong as they are.

I'm sorry but the talk about 2 soda cans being opened and 2 not just makes me almost faint. I don't know how much longer I can take this....I don't know how cops do it. I wish I was as strong as they are.

If those are in fact the drinks that she went to get, then it is scary that 2 were opened and empty. That makes it seem that somebody hung out with her for awhile, had a soda, and tried to make her feel comfortable. :mad:

It's really been bugging me how she was carried to the dumpster without being seen. There is a wooded area that someone could have taken from #10 (or even #9) to the dumpster.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 2.07.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 2.07.39 AM.png
    464.7 KB · Views: 346
Someone also might have driven to the dumpster. I bet people do that regularly.

Belimom, that wooded area made my skin crawl when I saw it.

True - I guess I was thinking that if LE was already there, then they may have gone out the back and through the wooded area. I guess it all comes down to that timeline.

True - I guess I was thinking that if LE was already there, then they may have gone out the back and through the wooded area. I guess it all comes down to that timeline.

It does all come down to the timeline. I agree and I am so frustrated that we do not really know what time she really went missing. The last time I feel certain about is the 3:45 time--when the mom and her kids leave the park and say goodbye to Jorelys. After that, the sighting is apparently from the babysitter I believe. And I am not sure if i trust that because she may be trying to cover her own movements, so IDK.

I am leaning towards the possibility that the babysitter went away for a quick minute, then JR left to get drinks, then the babysitter came back and was told that JR was getting them all drinks. Then finally at around 5 the babysitter began to really worry and then the ball got rolling. But imo, she may have gone missing between 3:45 and 4 ish.

I'm very sorry to say, I think she was killed in #10.

#2 just doesn't make sense. There would be more of a chance that someone would see her and the perp if he took her to #2.

Katy I think I saw on some newscast yesterday or so that it was several hundred yards to the dumpster from the apartments. Not in so many words but the implication was there, It was mentioned about the wooded area and how privately (no quotes!) she could have been transferred.
In other words-the apartments backed up to a wooded trail area and the dumpster so that the perp could have been virtually unseen.
Considering the vehicular activity and pedestrian traffic at 5 or 6 pm on a Friday evening...gosh who could have remembered anything outstanding.
All people living there are victims of this crime to this little girl. Because forever more they will be re-thinking the timeline and what they could have/should have noticed.
WRONG!!
It is nobody's fault except the PREDATOR.

The only one guilty here is the sinner who did this. He will have his day.

So is there a father in the picture here or was it just mom raising the children ? Was mom home or not when Jorley came for drinks ?
TIA,
Mystic

Dad is in Puerto Rico, a FB posting said he was sending money to his family, she says she is a single mom, not sure if they are divorced or what.

It does all come down to the timeline. I agree and I am so frustrated that we do not really know what time she really went missing. The last time I feel certain about is the 3:45 time--when the mom and her kids leave the park and say goodbye to Jorelys. After that, the sighting is apparently from the babysitter I believe. And I am not sure if i trust that because she may be trying to cover her own movements, so IDK.

I am leaning towards the possibility that the babysitter went away for a quick minute, then JR left to get drinks, then the babysitter came back and was told that JR was getting them all drinks. Then finally at around 5 the babysitter began to really worry and then the ball got rolling. But imo, she may have gone missing between 3:45 and 4 ish.

Didn't a neighbor state she saw her standing outside at 5PM?

In the PC on Monday, the GBI said the dumpster was approx. 100 yds. from the apartment complex.

Didn't a neighbor state she saw her standing outside at 5PM?

I think the neighbor said it was 5 pm on the previous day. I will listen again but that is what it seemed like to me.

I think the neighbor said it was 5 pm on the previous day. I will listen again but that is what it seemed like to me.

Yes, 5pm on Thursday was when she was playing with this woman's granddaughter at the park, not Friday.

Building 10. Building 10.
All residents there need to heed....as if they don't by now, So many victims of a crime so appalling as that of a child. It is not the apartment property's fault.
It is the fault of a lone depraved person.
I don't think too many people are sleeping tonight....life got in the way. Death took over and it is not their fault. I feel for all the residents and managers of the property where the child died. It is sickening.

Some info that might help with the timeline.

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/view...ce-trauma-to-the-head?instance=home_news_left
December 07, 2011 12:00 AM

(note: Baker is id'ed as Lt. Jay Baker, spokesman for the Cherokee Sheriff’s Office earlier on in the article).

Canton police initially said Jorelys disappeared around 5 p.m. Friday.

Baker said the call reporting Jorelys missing came into Cherokee County E-911 at 7:12 p.m. Friday and police were dispatched at 7:15 p.m. to the apartment complex.

A 17-year-old acquaintance was supposed to be watching the child, but Baker said Jorelys had no supervision at the playground.

Info I have not seen published before now:

Baker said there are two unregistered juvenile sex offenders who live at the apartment complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member