GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"According to state investigators, there was no mistaking that something ghastly had happened in one particular unit; there was blood everywhere — on the walls as well as the floor."

--i PRAY to God that she "died from blunt force trauma to the head"---before, this lunatic! stabbed her repeatedly.

--what on earth???

Warning graphic:

IMHO the blood on the walls could have come from 2 ways that I can think of right off the top of my head:

1. From projectile: being cast off on walls after having been released from the item being used to bludgeon someone. (they find it on the ceilings IIRC from this)

2. Arterial splatter--don't need to explain that one. :(

Let me please assure you, I am almost as old as dirt. Things have changed today and girls do have a diary at 7 yrs old. My little next door neighbor had one at 7. They can write at that age and to them a diary is more of an instrument to hold their writings.

Who is SP in the posts above? My computer got a virus on Wed and was at the computer docs till last night. You all be careful, my computer shutdown while I was clicking on facebook friends of RB. I want to add 2 hospitals in the Atlanta area got computer viruses on Wed. also. It was all over the news last night.

Warning graphic:

IMHO the blood on the walls could have come from 2 ways that I can think of right off the top of my head:

1. From projectile: being cast off on walls after having been released from the item being used to bludgeon someone. (they find it on the ceilings IIRC from this)

2. Arterial splatter--don't need to explain that one. :(

Yep.

And sadly, I don't think one would bother to bind the hands and feet with plastic ties if one was going to do the blunt head force trauma to kill the child first.

Oh geez...now SP has posted a Confederate Flag on his FB profile. :/

Ain't he a New Yorker?:rolleyes::rolleyes: No?

The other brother CB I found that snippet about him getting busted at a Walmart for stealing speaker wire. It was in the Dahonega Nugget, but it's not archived. Has anyone been able to find that entire article?

TIA

Oh the date was February 17, 2010.

Snipped for brevity.

BUT IIRC diary's don't really start
until 12 (ish) when handwriting is more legible...
yes I know about journals in school, That starts in 1st grade or sooner but...
could this have been a "gift"?

My son is seven has a diary. Sounds girly but it's not really. It's a little book that where he writes ideas and doodles.

For example, one entry says, "Lego idea- Jabba the Hut." His spelling is what you would imagine it to be. Letters are cramped and words run together. Capitalization and complete sentences are no where to be found.

For someone not familiar with his handwriting "style" and his interests, it would be nearly illegible. I say it is important to know his interests because if you would see an entry that says, "compass" but was spelled "kupass" you would have no idea he was talking about what they did in Boy Scouts that night.

My god-daughter is also 7 and keeps her diary under lock and key and writes down what is most important to a girl that age, names of boys that are cute.

Hope that helps.

My 6 year old has had several diaries. Pictures, misspelled words about loving Mommy Daddy brothers dogs etc... She is very protective of her diaries.

I am a little confused. The AJC article states that Canton police chief said in an email "...our leads were not coming in as we would have liked them to..."
http://www.ajc.com/news/a-vigil-and-lingering-1255879.html

Does that mean that neighbors didn't give LE tips until the GBI was on the case? Or does that mean Canton police got the tips and didn't connect the dots?

Also, this article states that Canton police were checking empty apts. How long does it takes to walk through 35 empty apts?

Thank heavens for Georgia Open Records law :)

Apologies Lauriej. I thought i quoted off appropriate post i was responding too.

Has LE told us how many stab wounds? To what I recollect, death could have come from skull being hit or stab wounds...am I correct here? Does LE have the knife and whatever was used to hit her skull? Has media reported that she was bound or is that just rumor?

Maybe this is why Vernon Keenan said the crime was "calculated." Wonder when the phrase "premeditated murder" will come into play?

Has LE told us how many stab wounds? To what I recollect, death could have come from skull being hit or stab wounds...am I correct here? Does LE have the knife and whatever was used to hit her skull? Has media reported that she was bound or is that just rumor?

Maybe this is why Vernon Keenan said the crime was "calculated." Wonder when the phrase "premeditated murder" will come into play?

According to the arrest warrant for murder, it was murder by a blunt force to the head. No mention of stabbing as being the cause of death.

ETA: Yes, the media reported duct tape on the face, bound hands and feet (by twist ties, I believe).

DD (now 11) has been keeping diaries almost as long as she could form words. Since around 5. The habit actually was started in kindergarten. They have students keep "journals" at school wherein they write whatever they want, about their favorite tv show, their family, their lives, their likes and dislikes.

DD then decided that she needed a private diary for home and has been keeping one on and off ever since. It gets particular use when she is frustrated with her little brother :)

Re. LE initial response: once LE was called in, we can assume the mother and close friends/ neighbors had checked Jorelys' friends homes and her usual play areas. Once LE arrived, the next step SHOULD HAVE been searching the nearby wooded areas and the other apartments (vacant or not, just door to door, come in and check if the resident permits, everyone rejecting gets a threat of warrant if suspicious.)

I moved into my neighborhood as homes were still being built. Several unsupervised kids (not mine, thank god) had made something of a clubhouse in a new (no locks yet) home..so as a parent, my first thought is to check vacants, not because someone may have taken her there, but because she may have wandered in there on her own. Of course a parent is not going to know every single vacant apartment, but once LE is knocking on doors, I assume they will be turning the handle and immediately checking unlocked vacants. I am of the opinion that LE didn't do the best they could have, and I feel that opinion is backed with the fact that once they brought in outside help, what they were unable to do Friday pm-Sunday pm was completed quite swiftly Monday morning.

On a different note, my daughter was quite moved by the interaction she had with Jorelys' mother yesterday. I know there were a thousand mourners in attendance and I don't know how she got through it, and I have no idea if she will even remember the hug and words shared with my daughter, but my daughter will remember that for the rest of her life. This morning she said, "mom, she was so tense.. but when I hugged her, I felt her body relax a little, and I think that it helped her just a little." If it did offer comfort, that is wonderful, but it sure helped my daughter feel that she had done something good. Of course my girls are heartbroken about Jorelys but their first concern has been the family left behind, and what can they do to help. My daughter immediately sought out Jorelys' school friends to hug them, and then her mother. I understand that there is no true help that could ever be close to enough, but support can give strength.

My older daughter was more quiet and she seemed to be more concerned about MY emotion than anything else. and to add to the diary talk, my youngest has had one since kindergarten, mostly "I love dogs" "my sister is annoying" and Christmas lists. No big dramatic typical diary stuff, just normal kid musings.

can I ask, who is SP? was that supposed to be SB? Sorry I have gone back to the old thread and read from where I left off last night and read these few pages, but I can't for the life of me figure out who SP is. TIA.

IMHO Binding a victim's feet together would have hindered the crime of rape. So I'm wondering if he used those to keep her feet together during disposal, making it easier to manage the body in a bundle.

(I deliberately tried to make the above speculation as nonspecific to Jorelys as possible).

marazul, I am so glad you daughter was able to feel as if she offered comfort to Jorelys' mom. Your DD sounds like a very grown up 11 and reminds me of my own. Bless her little heart, it sounds as if the viewing did offer your daughter a bit of closure and the opportunity to feel like she did something tangible for her schoolmates mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname