GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

How could the management company have known about his history if he was never charged or convicted?? This is just a tragedy all around and it appears lawyers will always come knocking hoping to start a lawsuit.

OTOH... maybe this isn't about the money but rather about stricter policies or laws for protecting children. I just don't know what more they could have done besides a criminal background check and a reference check which would have all come back clean. And they admitted they allowed RSO's to live there.....

How could the management company have known about his history if he was never charged or convicted?? This is just a tragedy all around and it appears lawyers will always come knocking hoping to start a lawsuit.

OTOH... maybe this isn't about the money but rather about stricter policies or laws for protecting children. I just don't know what more they could have done besides a criminal background check and a reference check which would have all come back clean. And they admitted they allowed RSO's to live there.....

I never had a doubt they would sue. They'll settle with the family, it will never go to trial. The government is heavily invested in this particular management company.

Where did you get that they "admitted" to allowing RSO's to live there? That would be a huge violation of their housing policies.

There are some deep pockets there. Also I would presume some good attorneys.

If Brunn had not criminal history (as an adult) how would the complex know he was whack.

The manager's son was friends with RB, IIRC. The manager may not have done a background check on him, she may have simply hired him without checking references. Even with references, she may not have known. If residents were complaining about him hanging out at the playground, the manager should have had a documented meeting with him, which I doubt happened. If anything, she probably ignored it.

Hiring a porter/groundskeeper for these properties is not an easy feat. They make minimum wage (I don't believe he was getting a free apt.), and have to clean up apartments that would rival some you see on hoarders. She was probably glad to have found someone. JMO of course.

I actually find this post offensive and a huge (incorrect and unfair) generalization that, IMO, paints all males with the same sexually sick brush.

The implication that all, or even the majority of males find the idea of any female sex organ, (if I'm reading between the mod snips correctly), regardless the owner--let alone age of owner--arousing, is, IMO incorrect, extremely offensive, unfair, and inflammatory.

It is a statement that is, IMO, similar to all women lie about their spending to their spouses, all or most women like to shop, all or most women want to have babies, or all or most men cheat, only the statement is more insulting in that it implies all males are attracted to everything with female plumbing, and secretly harbor pedophilic tendencies, because, well, three year olds have female plumbing, and that males have no control over their own brains, sexual organs, or actions.

You be politically correct, and I'll err on the side of safety.

Here are some headlines for you - copy and paste into google for the story:
Baby Sitter, 17, Raped and Tortured Three Children for a Year, Police Say
Babysitter Molests 3 Year Old Boy - YouTube
Baby sitter sexual battery: Babysitter, 61, molested children in his .
Babysitter faces rape, child *advertiser censored* charges | 6abc.com
Police in Delaware arrested a 50-year-old on charges that he raped a 6-year-old girl he was babysitting.
Boyfriend of babysitter molests 5 year old... - AR15.Com Mobile
Anthony Ganter, Pervert Babysitter, Molested 14 Boys Left in His care

These were only 1/2 way through page two of my search which yielded over 300,000 results. Females molest too, but not nearly as much.

Again, as I stated before (ignored), not ALL males - I repeat, NOT ALL males....but enough that I will pass on a male sitter. Heck, there was a time when I'd have trusted a Priest to babysit...:what:

Just a reminder to those in the area if you would like to participate in the fundraiser run in Jorelys' memory....

www.runforjorelys.blogspot.com

Funds raised will bring a child abduction/predator safety class to the children of Canton Elementary (where Jorelys last attended), with hopes that as time goes on, classes will be expanded throughout Cherokee County and the state of Georgia.

Yes, Milag:

"Death chamber? Is that where they do the lethal injections?"

There is one scheduled for January 31st.
http://www.rockdalecitizen.com/news/2012/jan/18/ga-death-row-inmate-refuses-file-habeas-appeal/. This guy killed a woman and her 3 year old.

A judge halted the execution two hours before it was scheduled, as Tate changed his mind and decided to appeal. It could be years before he is put to death.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/01/us-execution-georgia-idUSTRE81000I20120201

You be politically correct, and I'll err on the side of safety.

Here are some headlines for you - copy and paste into google for the story:
Baby Sitter, 17, Raped and Tortured Three Children for a Year, Police Say
Babysitter Molests 3 Year Old Boy - YouTube
Baby sitter sexual battery: Babysitter, 61, molested children in his .
Babysitter faces rape, child *advertiser censored* charges | 6abc.com
Police in Delaware arrested a 50-year-old on charges that he raped a 6-year-old girl he was babysitting.
Boyfriend of babysitter molests 5 year old... - AR15.Com Mobile
Anthony Ganter, Pervert Babysitter, Molested 14 Boys Left in His care

These were only 1/2 way through page two of my search which yielded over 300,000 results. Females molest too, but not nearly as much.

Again, as I stated before (ignored), not ALL males - I repeat, NOT ALL males....but enough that I will pass on a male sitter. Heck, there was a time when I'd have trusted a Priest to babysit...:what:

I'm not sure where my original post actually argued that males are statistically more or less likely to molest than females.

My post indicated that this statement of opinion, "The male <modsnip> - which has a brain of its own, does not distinguish between a 3 year old <modsnip> and a 30 year old <modsnip>. The big brain disengages along with the conscience," could be construed as offensive, nothing more. It is your opinion and you presented it as such.

A parallel statement of opinion, equally as gender encompassing and offensive in wording would be: "The female brain--which is ruled by hormones, can not do high functioning math. The big brain is clouded by estrogen, and all logic flies out the window ... of course not in all cases, but enough to throw the odds."

"Georgia man who admitted murdering girl found dead in apparent suicide"

"Ryan Brunn, the man who this week was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to murdering a Georgia girl, apparently killed himself in his prison cell Thursday, a corrections spokeswoman said."

"Brunn had entered a guilty plea Tuesday at a hearing in a Cherokee County courthouse, during which he described in detail how he enticed, molested and killed 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera. He was subsequently sentenced to life in prison without the chance of parole, avoiding a potential death sentence by lethal injection"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/justice/georgia-murderer-suicide/index.html?iref=obinsite

"Georgia man who admitted murdering girl found dead in apparent suicide"

"Ryan Brunn, the man who this week was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to murdering a Georgia girl, apparently killed himself in his prison cell Thursday, a corrections spokeswoman said."

"Brunn had entered a guilty plea Tuesday at a hearing in a Cherokee County courthouse, during which he described in detail how he enticed, molested and killed 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera. He was subsequently sentenced to life in prison without the chance of parole, avoiding a potential death sentence by lethal injection"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/justice/georgia-murderer-suicide/index.html?iref=obinsite

I'm very sorry, but I'm REALLY struggling to figure out why this 2 1/2 month old article is at all relevant now...please help me understand!! I happened to be in my car when WSB Radio broke the news of Brunn's suicide less than 10 minutes after he was pronounced dead, and Lord above please forgive me, I celebrated this like I haven't celebrated anything in many, many years (like the Braves' only World Series win 17 years ago!!). MANY people in the same shopping center parking lot were celebrating right along with me, whether they had heard the report themselves or if they asked if I needed an ambulance or a family member to assist me!!

I have the credibility to raise this issue as I drove over 70 miles one way, in the thick of Friday evening Atlanta rush-hour traffic, into an area I had no clue about, to attempt to pay my repects at the Funeral Home. Let's just say that ' admission that he beat the carp out of her head/face with a roller skate explained a LOT of what I saw that night (and still have nightmares about occasionally) despite the valiant efforts of the morticians and their vast reconstructive skills. I have been FOREVER humbled by the warmth and graciousness exhibited by both of Jorelys' parents and her Aunt when I hugged them and struggled with the Spanish phrase for sympathy my brother literaaly taught me on the phone as I drove to Canton that cold December night.

I think that Jorelys' family, and all of us here, are trying to heal from this travesty to whatever extent that is possible, and to make sure that Jorelys leaves nothing but positive footprints as we all go forward without her.

As always, the above is MOO, IMHO, and whatever other disclaimers are necessary,

Westie Mom

Run for Jorelys was this past Saturday and even though it rained some, it was a GREAT turnout! We had 150 runners participate and the first Child Safety classes by Revved Up Kids are already scheduled for this summer. Pictures & video are on Cranky Crankerson's case file site.

Just saw this headline regarding Jorelys mother. She's been arrested for battery (against domestic partner) and child cruelty because it was in front of her children (and her domestic partner's 17 yo.)

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/jorelys-riveras-mother-arrested-battery-child-crue/nN698/

:(. I will bet she is an emotional mess. I hope she gets some help and can straighten her life out after the misery she has been thru. That is an ugly cycle that needs never to get started. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those poor kids, the mom, what a nightmare they are going through.

Samantha Koenig's Father was arrested a few days ago too.

You have to have compassion for these parents, who are living in the aftermath of their children's violent murders. Prayers for them all ~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back