GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be here for Lauren as much as I can be. I don't have much control over when, though, so can't formally sign up.

I think about Lauren every single day, literally, and I didn't even know her in life. I can't even imagine how her loved ones miss her.

Aaargh, well my own personal schedule went awry and I missed almost my total time slot for the vigil today -- "the best-laid plans"! I will pop in and out some this afternoon, though, and I will be back this evening.

Knox, when you first posted the picture (that bessie brought over above) of Lauren and Butterbean in the previous thread, we talked a little about it and you related that Lauren called her little dog her "son" -- made me smile and tear up all at once. That made me think maybe you might know the answer to something I've wondered about (and this may have been discussed before and I missed it or have forgotten ... or maybe the answer is on Facebook, where I cannot tread, lol)

Anyhow, I remember MSM coverage that spoke of Butterbean as being "one-eyed", and it does look from the picture you posted that he has a problem with one eye. Do you know how he lost his eye? Was it in the accident with the car that SM spoke about, or was he that way when Lauren got him or ...what? Just thought you might know.

bumping for Lauren and her vigil... (see first page of this thread for details)

I'll be here for Lauren as much as I can be. I don't have much control over when, though, so can't formally sign up.

I think about Lauren every single day, literally, and I didn't even know her in life. I can't even imagine how her loved ones miss her.

Yes, me too. Things are chaotic at work, so I will just be here as much as I can.

Since I have a couple minutes now, I wanna briefly give my thoughts on something that I admire or find very inspirational about Lauren...

I relate to her a lot because, like me, she was a "higher-Ed" student. For all the differences between her program and mine, there's one big thing in common...they keep ya very busy! Lol! There's always something to read or write or work on. It is very easy for students to get so focused that they don't make time for other things, like socializing or fitness or just chilling. So I really admire that she made the time to care for Butterbean, run, and join in with group runs (HHHs).

I am a runner, too, and I tend to think about Lauren while I'm running.

<respectfully snipped for focus>

I am a runner, too, and I tend to think about Lauren while I'm running.

I can remember you mentioning that several times during Lauren's threads, PJ. You'd say something like, "I was out running the other day and ... I saw (or thought, or wondered)" ... and then something connected with Lauren.

I admire you both for the running habit! I had some brief stints of trying to run in years past, but just never kept it up. And I really enjoyed it, too -- well, parts of it, anyhow -- not sure why the habit never caught on with me.

I never met Lauren, but I really do think I saw her one time. It sort of haunts me, now.

I was driving down College Street in Macon (I don't live in Macon but travel there fairly often) and, at one of the intersections, a runner waiting to cross the street really caught my attention -- a tall, statuesque blonde with her hair up, very fit-looking, very striking. You couldn't help but notice her. Definitely was in Lauren's "neighborhood". I can't remember exactly when this was but it had to have been not too long before Lauren's death or I don't think the memory would have sprung almost immediately to mind for me, which it definitely did, when details about "who Lauren was" began to come out in the media after her murder. Now that memory seems like a moment frozen in time in my head.

Of course, I am not sure the runner I saw was Lauren, but I really feel it probably was. I wish I knew for sure.

One of my pink rose bushes is full of buds and just opening blooms. Early tomorrow morning, I plan to cut a bud that is just blooming and put it in a vase beside my computer. This is so I will remember to drop by Lauren's thread in her memory.

One of my pink rose bushes is full of buds and just opening blooms. Early tomorrow morning, I plan to cut a bud that is just blooming and put it in a vase beside my computer. This is so I will remember to drop by Lauren's thread in her memory.

That will be such a sweet reminder, pearl. I think I will check to see if I have any pink roses blooming now and follow your lead, if I do.

Just bringing some info over to let folks "just stopping in" know what's going on here ...

Please, if you can sign up for a specific time/ for specific times, post or pm to let me know. (Don't worry -- schedule isn't written in stone ... but I think it will help somewhat to let others know where the "gaps" are so they can try to fill in with their visits.)

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

I believe Lauren's boyfriend DV said in his interview with The Telegraph that Lauren's last email was sent about 10:15 p.m. After that ... we don't know what happened ...or when or where for certain, and certainly not why.

We may be very close to passing the year-ago mark for Lauren's last moments living. Many, many prayers for comfort for all who loved her and lost her.

new coverage from Macon's channel 13WMAZ:

Life One Year After Lauren Giddings' Death

... Kaitlyn even told us when she goes shopping she may see something and think, "Wow that looks just like Lauren," and she'll catch herself picking up the phone to try to call and tell her. ...
print coverage and phone interview with Lauren's sister Kaitlyn at:
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/186269/175/Life-One-Year-After-Lauren-Giddings-Death

Friend Remembers Lauren Giddings

... "Lauren always wanted all of her groups to be together, and she's accomplished that through her passing. Even though she's not here to see it, I think she would be proud that we've all come together." ...

print story and video at: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/186375/175/Friend-Remembers-Lauren-Giddings

I believe Lauren's boyfriend DV said in his interview with The Telegraph that Lauren's last email was sent about 10:15 p.m. After that ... we don't know what happened ...or when or where for certain, and certainly not why.

We may be very close to passing the year-ago mark for Lauren's last moments living. Many, many prayers for comfort for all who loved her and lost her.
Such a profound and chilling thought. It really presses the IF ONLY button. :(

Knox, when you first posted the picture (that bessie brought over above) of Lauren and Butterbean in the previous thread, we talked a little about it and you related that Lauren called her little dog her "son" -- made me smile and tear up all at once. That made me think maybe you might know the answer to something I've wondered about (and this may have been discussed before and I missed it or have forgotten ... or maybe the answer is on Facebook, where I cannot tread, lol)

Anyhow, I remember MSM coverage that spoke of Butterbean as being "one-eyed", and it does look from the picture you posted that he has a problem with one eye. Do you know how he lost his eye? Was it in the accident with the car that SM spoke about, or was he that way when Lauren got him or ...what? Just thought you might know.

I thought I read somewhere along the line, that it was the car accident. Maybe one of Lauren's friends will chime in with that detail.

I will be signing off in a few minutes. Some of my own "sons" (who are in my current avatar pic ...except now they are BIG boys, and they do love to eat!) have not been fed this evening and I'm sure they are feeling abandoned! (One younger "son" and my "daughters" already have had their supper, and my human daughter, who is home with me tonight, has been "fed" Krystals -- I believe those are known as White Castle hamburgers in some other parts of the U.S.)

Y'all keep Lauren's thread near the top of the first index page, please! I'll stop back by later, most likely.

And I will re-post the schedule for the remaining days of our vigil before I go ...

Schedule for remaining days of vigil below:

SCHEDULE for remaining vigil days
- (times are Eastern zone)

Tues., June 26
pearl
: midnight - 2 a.m.
bessie: as available after 7:30 p.m.
Backwoods: 9:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Wed., June 2
Backwoods: 1 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Backwoods: 9:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

Thurs., June 28
pearl
: midnight - 2 a.m.
Backwoods: 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Fri., June 29
Backwoods: 1 a.m. - 3 a.m.

Sat., June 30 (ending at noon)
Backwoods: 10 a.m. - noon

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

Please, if you can sign up for a specific time/ for specific times, post or pm to let me know. (Don't worry -- it won't be written in stone ... but I think it will help somewhat to let others know where the "gaps" are so they can try to fill in with their visits.) If you can commit to a time, please state your time zone, if not Eastern -- or even better, translate it to Eastern for me! I will continue to update the schedule as needed. I also know lots of folks will be dropping in as they can, as well.

During the vigil, please remember to post your photos, anecdotes, quotes, and your own thoughts to celebrate Lauren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member