GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ... very much agree. Having trouble making an abduction theory fit with the facts of the case. Why would her door be locked, why would she be dismembered, why would her torso (and other body parts) be brought back to be disposed of .... and most importantly, why would everything we know of MPD's investigation so far be focused squarely on one person, SM, and one location, the apartment complex (three units).

The more this drags out and the more I think about things, the more convinced I am that LE has their man and has had him from day one. Could be wrong but everything we know "fits" with SM being the perp ... Occam's Razor and all that. Looking forward to the presser tomorrow, surely it's not more of "still waiting for results, no answers for you yet".

Where was it noted that body parts were found other than torso on the premises and that the perpetrator would come back several timees to dispose of body parts?

I go back and forth on his guilt and innocence. Makes sense that someone was familiar with the complex indeed.

ALso, probably more of "we're still waiting and not there's no mass murderer on the loose and "it takes time" we're getting close. All that's been in the news yesterday and today about rumors and texts etc. lol

Thank you so much wondergirl!! Sometimes when trying to catch up I realize that I miss reading all the posts therefor I get myself confused :crazy:

Certainly no need to apologize..

Thanks for clearing it up..

Someone reported a car was backed up to the doors in the back apartments with the trunk open. I wish I could remember who. I don't know if they mentioned it being caught on the AT&T cameras or what. I just remember it came up when the police began asking if SM had another car. Of course, with people moving in and out, an open trunk is not that far a stretch. I hope whoever it is, SM or some currently unknown perp, they get them soon.

Where was it noted that body parts were found other than torso on the premises and that the perpetrator would come back several timees to dispose of body parts?

snipped

I didn't say that exactly, and not sure anyone did ... there was some discussion upthread about if LE did indeed find another body part or three in the vicinity. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. All I was saying was it is unlikely (though not impossible) that someone would abduct LG, kill her elsewhere, then return her dismembered body to her former residence, under the nose of the police.

Alright, alright you've made your point about the complex being empty. Yes, you're right, there were not many people there this summer. But, I KNOW that there were at least two people who've been there all summer and they report not seeing anything amiss.

The night that I was there to hang out with friends, I didn't think it was all that empty; the very back was completely full and there were several cars in the middle, and I simply don't recall noticing if cars were in the front. But I do still believe that it's a very tight complex and not easy to get in and out of if you go farther than the very front. I pulled in to the back and to get out, I had to back up and pull forward two or three times. There is also a steep incline in the back and as I was backing, I thought my car was going to roll into the back gate!

It's possible that a strange car could have been there. Obviously anything is possible because a girl was murdered and dismembered and no one seems to have seen a thing. I guess I was speaking more to the rumor that someone reported about Stephen's car being parked in the back. I think if he had parked anywhere other than his normal spot for more than a day or so, someone would recall and would have reported it.

Again, ANYTHING is possible...I don't think this case is as cut and dry as it may seem on the surface. We may all be very surprised by the outcome.

<modsnip>

For all we know MAYBE someone DID report his car being parked in the back. ANd maybe it was for only one day.

I think people saw more than we know, hundreds of tips coming in..........which I read in some article in the early investigation

I didn't say that exactly, and not sure anyone did ... there was some discussion upthread about if LE did indeed find another body part or three in the vicinity. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. All I was saying was it is unlikely (though not impossible) that someone would abduct LG, kill her elsewhere, then return her dismembered body to her former residence, under the nose of the police.

Do we know the body was returned under the nose of the police? Do we know what day the torso was placed in the trash bin?

wow...the rumors flying around...i think i have seen every single one that has been mentioned around town posted here... except the one that claims blood was found on SM's shoes and that they were then sent to the crime lab for further testing...we need that presser tomorrow... we really do...thank you macon pd. if SM is not the one that did this, I feel really truly sorry for him and his family. if he did do it, we deserve to know something more concrete tomorrow. asap.

Outside the apartment building, an officer smelled a foul odor and found the body. Giddings' father told The Associated Press on Thursday that police found only a torso. Police Chief Mike Burns said Thursday that he could not release more details on the case.
Burns did acknowledge police are still looking for some of the woman's remains at a news conference Wednesday, when he announced that DNA tests -- using hair from a brush that belonged to Giddings -- confirmed she was the victim.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/08/1624336/macon-police-seek-remains-of-dismembered.html
So, here we have confirmed even thru her father that all that was found was her torso..

Then we have the chief stating, "Burns did acknowledge police are still looking for some of the woman's remains"

Some of the woman's remains which IMO meant that some had been recovered.. So, unlike how it has appeared to have been said in media outlets that some parts remained missing, and some of them going az far as to say the head and another body part.. Led me to believe that atleast some body parts had been recovered, thus leaving some body parts remaining missing..

But now I can find nothing indicating that there has been even a single piece or body part that has been recovered except for the torso..

Was I the only person under the impression that there had been something other than the torso recovered soon thereafter the torso was found? Or has it been clear to everyone that nothing but the torso has ever been located of Lauren's remains??

This certainly is even more confusing to know that every single other body part or piece of body part have been thoroughly disposed of extremely well to have kept them still yet to have been located.. Yet the torso was put in her apt trash bin?? This makes less and less sense to me now moreso than ever...

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/08/1624336/macon-police-seek-remains-of-dismembered.html
So, here we have confirmed even thru her father that all that was found was her torso..

Then we have the chief stating, "Burns did acknowledge police are still looking for some of the woman's remains"

Some of the woman's remains which IMO meant that some had been recovered.. So, unlike how it has appeared to have been said in media outlets that some parts remained missing, and some of them going az far as to say the head and another body part.. Led me to believe that atleast some body parts had been recovered, thus leaving some body parts remaining missing..

But now I can find nothing indicating that there has been even a single piece or body part that has been recovered except for the torso..

Was I the only person under the impression that there had been something other than the torso recovered soon thereafter the torso was found? Or has it been clear to everyone that nothing but the torso has ever been located of Lauren's remains??

This certainly is even more confusing to know that every single other body part or piece of body part have been thoroughly disposed of extremely well to have kept them still yet to have been located.. Yet the torso was put in her apt trash bin?? This makes less and less sense to me now moreso than ever...

I think you are right that there have been some conflicting or at least confusing reports -- it's something I have been wondering about,too.

Of course, I guess it is POSSIBLE that body parts were found during the search of the apartments, though I doubt it ... but who knows

Interesting...........but I keep wondering why at the week or 2 before you both move out. He was leaving on the 15th July but parents moved him this week I think, Just odd timing or maybe perp thought "perfect" timing, thinnking he'd be gone and the body wouldnt' be discovered.

Because it would be his last chance?

Smooth, a couple of locals have reported rumors of remains being found in neighbors' trash cans. (Sorry. It's really hard to type that.) Besides the rumors, I feel certain it was reported in the news that parts of the remains had been found elsewhere. All of my bookmarks are pretty well tagged, but I'm not coming up with anything. So now I'm doubting myself a little.

Thanks for posting the link, Wondergirl. It's the one that sticks out in my mind most because I had asked what day was garbage picked up in the nieghborhood. I wasn't the least bit surprised when Lomaker and others said Thursday because my very first thought was that the torso was intended to be taken away with the trash. Lomaker is a verified local and has a family member who lives right in the neighborhood. His/her report about the dogs chasing the truck rings true, imo, especially since we know the landfill was searched immediately afterward.

For anyone just curious about this text, I did receive it. Most was discussed in the link above, but the end portion of the text mentioned the serial killer as a man who is ramming women from behind in their cars, then abducting them... It just said to make sure to have the police there before exiting the vehicle if you do happen to get in a wreck of any sort. The coroner has already debunked it, but I thought ya'll might be interested.... especially as the "mystery car" thing keeps coming up...

Another thing... the talk about the underground sewer systems and the entrance near the "grotto" on Forest Hill Rd. I spent a lot of time down there (not in the sewer but at the grotto behind Highland Park apartments, as I lived in those apts for some time)... if I can find my pictures I will post them... I completely believe there is an entrance there underground... I have never found it myself... just because I was too chicken (too much of a voodoo evil feeling around the area, though it is beautiful) but my friends in the past have said many times that it is there, if you know where to look.

So, can somebody help me out on this Hash Harrier thing?

It seems to be a bit cat and mouse, like a game, and I am wondering if I have this right?

Of course, the reason I am asking, is since it has been suggested that Lauren's remains have left in different places to taunt LE, I am wondering about it, that's all.

Hash:

Each run is led by a runner designated ahead of time as the Hare, who lays a trail for the other runners (the Hounds) to follow.

***************************************************************************************

"The Hash House Harriers (abbreviated to HHH, H3, or referred to simply as Hashing) is an international group of non-competitive running, social and drinking clubs. An event organized by a club is known as a Hash or Hash Run, with participants calling themselves Hashers or Hares and Hounds."

Hash House Harriers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wondergirl,
My family member is in the Hash House Harriers running group.

The Hare plans the route ahead of the run. Sometimes it takes the Hare several days to plan the route by going out into the woods to rehearse and mark the trail. In pre-planning the run, the Hare attempts to make it a tricky challenge by designing the trail so that it turns back on itself with twists and turns, through swamps, rivers, thickets, woods, etc. so as to confuse the Hounds ( Hasher runners) ensuring that the Hare is not caught.
The path is marked with toilet paper or flour.

On the day/night of the race, the Hashers meet at one designated location which is at the beginning of the preplanned trail. One or several Hashers do not run, rather they set up the drinks which is beer, water and juice and wait while the others do the run. The Hare departs ahead of the other Hashers with the remainder of the Hashers following about 20 minutes later. The length of the run varies depending on the trail the Hare planned out. In order to be the Hare, one has to be clever enough to design the trail for the run so that the trail is challenging and fun. When the run is completed the runners all meet up where they started. The runners culminate the event with songs, tales about the run, drinks, and good cheer. Also, the Hare members do not use their real names. They all have funny nick names.

The group consists of attorneys, engineers, teachers, Mercer professors, ETC. The Hashers not only run together, they also enjoy other social activities. They sometimes dress up in kilts or some other fun clothes and go bar hopping in Macon. My family member really enjoys the Hasher runs/social activities and has met some wonderful friends through this group, one of which was Lauren.

Wondergirl,
My family member is in the Hasher House Harrier running group.
The Hare plans the route ahead of the run. Sometimes it takes the Hare several days to plan the route. The Hare pre plans the path in which s/he attempts to make it a tricky challenge by marking the trail so that it turns back on itself with twists and turns, through swamps, rivers, thickets, woods, etc. The path is often marked with toilet paper or flour. On the day/night of the race, the Hashiers meet at one designated location which is at the beginning of the preplanned trail. One or several Hashiers do not run but drive to the location and set up the drinks which is beer, water and juice. At the onset of the race, the Hare departs about 20 min ahead of the other Hashiers with the remainder of the Hashiers following. The length of the runs vary depending on the trail the Hare planned out. When the run is completed the runners all meet up where they started. The runners culminate the event with songs and good cheer. Also, the Hare members do not use their real names. They all have nick names.
<snipped>

Interesting! How often do these runs happen -- is there a set schedule, or is it more impromptu, just when members are available?

For anyone just curious about this text, I did receive it. Most was discussed in the link above, but the end portion of the text mentioned the serial killer as a man who is ramming women from behind in their cars, then abducting them... It just said to make sure to have the police there before exiting the vehicle if you do happen to get in a wreck of any sort. The coroner has already debunked it, but I thought ya'll might be interested.... especially as the "mystery car" thing keeps coming up... .

Thanks -- you're the first person I've connected with who actually received it.

The part I bolded above I have seen in similar "hoax" things, ones you can find at snopes.com -- looks like somebody melded a bunch of the rumors from this case together and joined them on to an old stand-by hoax for good measure. (Of course, the general idea about not exiting your car in a ramming incident unless it seems safe to do so is good advice, not a hoax!)

Can anyone explain if the following statement on the Macon Telegraph's website is accurate?: "Lauren Giddings, who was last seen June 25, was killed sometime on or shortly before June 30, 2011...." http://www.macon.com/giddings/#ixzz1THBK5Q00...either it is referring to "shortly before" as after June 25th when last seen...or referring to the MPD's statement to a reporter that (paraphrasing) the torso appeared to show recent death. Thanks!

Can anyone explain if the following statement on the Macon Telegraph's website is accurate?: "Lauren Giddings, who was last seen June 25, was killed sometime on or shortly before June 30, 2011...." http://www.macon.com/giddings/#ixzz1THBK5Q00...either it is referring to "shortly before" as after June 25th when last seen...or referring to the MPD's statement to a reporter that (paraphrasing) the torso appeared to show recent death. Thanks!
We don't know the answer, Sea Sky, but there was discussion on this topic earlier today. If you read posts 410-430, you'll see a number of responses to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK