GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall Chief Burns telling the media whether or not anymore remains were found. All I remember during the pressers when a reporter asked him, he gave his famous answer, "I'm not going to answer that." So maybe the media is only reporting what they do know?

I thought they were reporting what the family said .

First of all, it is a violation of WS rules to tell others how to post, and certainly, how to think.

Secondly, to imply that another poster is not interested in gaining factual information is highly presumptious. It's an awful, unjustified insult.

We all are trying to understand the truth, and working blindly with so few known facts. No one is calling for Stephen McDaniel's head. Enough facts do exist, however, to support suspicion. There is a marked difference between suspicion and guilt. Someone should look it up.

Also, pearl, he's being held on "burglary" charges. Nothing in connection with this case.
The only reason he's been in so long is because his first bond had to be denied due to a second charge.
Then, his attorney canceled the second hearing in order to try the 'conflict of interest' thing.
When that was denied, they requested a bond hearing again (the one they canceled), which is coming up Thurs.
So, his being detained is all about the burglary, nothing more.

My bolding: This is something I have been wondering about. If bond was denied initially because there were two separate charges, then why would it be awarded now? There are still two separate charges, correct? What would have changed between the initial hearing and now?

an_olive_branch_in_the_mouth_of_a_flying_done_0071-0812-0816-1415_SMU.jpg

Shall we try again?

I do not want to offend anyone. I apologize if my questions make people nervous. I, like everyone else, am trying to make sense of the senseless. I can't say I will stop asking questions, because I won't. I love hearing different explanations. By offering my explanation, or by considering other possibilities, I am not trying to diminish anyone else's view. I am trying to make sure all bases are covered. I want to look into every corner and under every rock to make sure nothing is missed. Please do not take it personally. Consider it the view from a different angle. Just another perception of what is going on.

Thank you, and carry on.

I don't recall Chief Burns telling the media whether or not anymore remains were found. All I remember during the pressers when a reporter asked him, he gave his famous answer, "I'm not going to answer that." So maybe the media is only reporting what they do know?

Right -- in fact, in the post where I first posted the link, I made sure to qualify it with the words "if this is correct", since I wondered if the story might have been pieced together from older reports and newer happenings.

Did think it was worth a look by those who wanted to see it, but this has indeed seemed a real "grey area" all along.

My bolding: This is something I have been wondering about. If bond was denied initially because there were two separate charges, then why would it be awarded now? There are still two separate charges, correct? What would have changed between the initial hearing and now?

If I'm remembering correctly, it could be awarded now but will have to be done by a Superior Court judge, while the one charge could have been handled by the magistrate court -- but somebody chime in if I'm wrong.

Shall we try again?

I do not want to offend anyone. I apologize if my questions make people nervous. I, like everyone else, am trying to make sense of the senseless. I can't say I will stop asking questions, because I won't. I love hearing different explanations. By offering my explanation, or by considering other possibilities, I am not trying to diminish anyone else's view. I am trying to make sure all bases are covered. I want to look into every corner and under every rock to make sure nothing is missed. Please do not take it personally. Consider it the view from a different angle. Just another perception of what is going on.

Thank you, and carry on.

I feel much the same, but I will add that it gives me the heebie-jeebies after a while to ask a question, propose a theory or ALTERNATE theory, ask for confirmation of evidence -- because too many times my doing so, with no ill intention, has unleashed a tirade from someone, whether or not they replied directly to me or called me by name (which sometimes they definitely have). Enough said.

P.A. ~ I understand you are incredibly upset by my question. <Modsnip>. I simply wanted clarification. You don't know the answer anymore than I do, <Modsnip> I would like to know. It's fine that you don't. I consider it a valid question. The answer may be he was gone, and it may be he was not. I am not picking on you. I simply wanted an accurate answer.

(snipped)

No worries ... I am not incredibly upset in any fashion, sorry if I come across that way. And I'm not even sure what exactly your "question" is/was, I don't think it was posed directly to me. I am not denying the possibility that the downstairs resident was there some time during when LG was missing. I just think that is less likely than the alternative, given BB's statements and actions by LE. Makes less sense to me.

We are both searching for the truth ... I have no agenda, no dog in this fight. Not a GA resident, not in LE, not an attorney ... just an interested observer from afar.

If I'm remembering correctly, it could be awarded now but will have to be done by a Superior Court judge, while the one charge could have been handled by the magistrate court -- but somebody chime in if I'm wrong.

My understanding is that on a single charge of a low value burglary, the magistrate's court was involved. (Not sure if value is a consideration, but I seem to remember something to that effect---chime in, lawyers, if you can!) Upon the 2nd burglary count, the case was moved to Superior Court as a matter to be heard by Judge Self. The bond hearing was denied initially because of the bringing of the 2nd charge, which escalated the matter. Judge Self hears bond matters on Thursdays which is what caused a delay. (It is his calendar day for such matters) HTH

No worries ... I am not incredibly upset in any fashion, sorry if I come across that way. And I'm not even sure what exactly your "question" is/was, I don't think it was posed directly to me. I am not denying the possibility that the downstairs resident was there some time during when LG was missing. I just think that is less likely than the alternative, given BB's statements and actions by LE. Makes less sense to me.

We are both searching for the truth ... I have no agenda, no dog in this fight. Not a GA resident, not in LE, not an attorney ... just an interested observer from afar.
:Banane35:

Boy, it sure seemed quiet today...
You know both families are sitting on pins and needles right now.
I was really hoping Burns would at least announce when he intended to speak next.

-- Inside each post box is a little red triangle. That is the Alert button. If you are offended by a post, or think a post violates "the rulez", click the red triangle. When you do, a box will open where you can type in your concern or complaint. All of the mods in this forum will be alerted, and the post will be reviewed. If warranted, action will be taken. It might or might not be obvious to you, but rest assured, your concern will be addressed.

With so many active threads on this board, mods cannot possibly read each and every posts. Your use of the Alert feature is very much appreciated.

-- Another useful feature you should all explore is the Ignore option. You can find it in the User Control Panel. If a poster consistently gets under your skin, type his/her user name in the Ignore box, and that member will become virtually invisible to you, though his/her posts will still show up when quoted in other members' posts.

If you need assistance with either of these features, please ask and a mod will be glad to help you.

-- Beyond that, we ask that you use common sense and courtesy when posting. Baiting, trolling, and posting with the intent of inciting a negatve reaction are all heavily frowned on, and in the vast majority of cases will result in the suspension of posting privileges.

Shall we try again?

Thank you, and carry on.

I feel the same. I thought I had been addressing the post, not the poster. If I have offended anyone with the way I expressed an opposing view I apologize.

My understanding is that on a single charge of a low value burglary, the magistrate's court was involved. (Not sure if value is a consideration, but I seem to remember something to that effect---chime in, lawyers, if you can!) Upon the 2nd burglary count, the case was moved to Superior Court as a matter to be heard by Judge Self. The bond hearing was denied initially because of the bringing of the 2nd charge, which escalated the matter. Judge Self hears bond matters on Thursdays which is what caused a delay. (It is his calendar day for such matters) HTH

You're right but I just wanted to add that there was also a delay since Stephen's attorney filed the "conflict of interest" motion. And I don't know if this is relevant as to why the bond hearing was not scheduled for the end of last week....but I do know that Judge Self, along with other Bibb Co. Superior Court judges were out of town at their annual summer conference last Wenesday/Thurs/Fri. I'm not sure if this will always stick with Judge Self since he was assigned to hear the previous motion or if any other Bibb judges with a lighter caseload may preside over the bond hearing and/or subsequent burglary trial (if there is one).

I know some people are asking why he is still sitting in jail....it's possible that law enforcement is doing a little bit of "stalling" so see if any kind of smoking gun surfaces in regard to the murder investigation. However, I think it's more likely that there has just been a perfect storm of reasons that his bond hearing has been delayed. He COULD sit in jail for up to 90 days on those charges.

I think his lawyer missed the deadline for last week, maybe because of waiting to hear about the conflict of interest. I am curious about how it will turn out Thursday. I really expected LE to come forward today with something... anything! I did not expect an arrest as much. They stated last week the meeting with the DA was to discuss what information they had and no arrest was planned.

I think his lawyer missed the deadline for last week, maybe because of waiting to hear about the conflict of interest. I am curious about how it will turn out Thursday. I really expected LE to come forward today with something... anything! I did not expect an arrest as much. They stated last week the meeting with the DA was to discuss what information they had and no arrest was planned.

Isn't Chief Burns meeting with the DA tomorrow? I thought I read somewhere in an article about another press conference set for Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea