GA GA - Levi Frady, 11, homicide, Cumming, 22 Oct 1997

Snip~
Seven years, one child, still no justice
Levi Frady's homicide still an unsolved mystery

By RHONDA COOK
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 10/22/04

If there had been an alert system when Levi disappeared, investigators think he could have been saved, especially if they had been called as soon as his family decided he was tardy.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/northfulton/1004/22levi.html

I find that very interesting. Given the time line that would mean Levi who was last seen at 6:50 pm and not reported missing until 8:00am the next day must have been kept alive for some reason. His body was found at 2:00 and the out of place man was spotted at 10:00am, so if it was the out of place man who killed him then he was alive for around 14 hours. The police also said he was not molested or robbed, so what happened in those 14 hours? I really wonder about the husband and wife who ignored the bike at the end of the driveway. I wonder how closely the police looked at them and their neighbors.

http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/levi.html
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=85646
time line
New information released in Frady murder
staff reports

DECATUR – For the first time since the investigation began, law enforcement agencies investigating the death of Levi Frady are releasing a timeline detailing the 11-year-old’s activities the day of his abduction and murder.
>>>>snip

6:50 p.m. A resident saw Levi traveling on his bike down Little Mill Road heading in the direction of the residence of Friend #2. Note: The resident observed a small black dog following Levi.

6:52 p.m.-7:00 p.m. A motorist, a stranger in the community who was lost, drives past a man described as being between 35 and 60 years of age, having grayish black or light brown hair (scraggly and unkempt). She observes that the man is wearing possibly blue jeans and a white or light colored shirt with the sleeves rolled up. She stops and attempts to ask the man for directions. The man does not respond to her when she says, “Mister.” The man walks off into the woods immediately after she speaks.
>>>snip
7Related Links:
More Frady information
</SPAN>

Who did the small black dog belong to I wonder?

Could it be another connection to Hilton?

Lighting a fire under an old Cold Case thread.

"The family of Levi Frady, whose body was found in the same Dawson County forest as Emerson's, thinks Hilton resembles sketches of two men police want to question in the 1997 murder.

Some members of Frady's family told WSB-TV Channel 2 Tueday they think a booking photo taken of Hilton after a 1995 arrest bears a striking resemblence to at least one of the sketches."
http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2262612/

So sad.....almost 13 years now since Levi was murdered. Who did this?

I wonder if Hilton did this.....

Bumping for Levi... it has been 13 years.

Some questions and comments:

1) Why didn't mother call the police earlier? Had the child run away in the past so this type of behavior wasn't "unexpected?"

2) The location where the boy's body was found: was the ground wet? Were they able to get usable tire tracks? Or footprints?

3) The weapon used: was it handgun (and if so an automatic) a shotgun or a rifle? Was it an unusual caliber of weapon? Did the killer pick up his brass?

3) Apparently no one saw the shooting, but did anybody see a vehicle leaving the area where the murder occurred?

4) Why wouldn't the killer also have taken the boy's bike?

5) Finding the bike where it was, no one around the people who lived there saw or heard anything? Why would the children put the bike in a ditch rather roll it up towards their house? How was the uncle able to locate the bike w/ relative ease in a rural area? No articles of clothing or shoes were found near or around bike?

6) Was anybody in the boy's family familiar w/ the area where his body was located? If so, how familiar were they?

7) Were there any other child abductions or disappearances in this area prior to this or afterward?

8) How closely did the police look at the family?

9) Were the wounds on the body pre-mortem or post?

10) Were any fibers/hairs/DNA found on the body?

It doesn't appear to me that this case was handled very well. Too much time has passed, meaning unless DNA was/is available or there is a confession, this case may never be solved.

I have always felt like Gary Michael Hilton killed Levi. Not only does the sketch of the perp look like a younger GMH but that is the same place he dumped Meredith Emerson...

Just heard about this case. On one of the Facebook pages regarding Jorelys Rivera, a woman posted in one of the threads saying Levi was her cousin and the murder is still unsolved. Read this thread and will read more about it.

I have always felt like Gary Michael Hilton killed Levi. Not only does the sketch of the perp look like a younger GMH but that is the same place he dumped Meredith Emerson...

Georgiagirl, there is no doubt in my mind that serial killer gary hilton is responsible for Levi's murder, as well as Patrice Endres.. You can throw a rock from Meredith Hope Emersons' torso location and hit where Levi or Patrice Endres' remains were located. GMH said in his GBI 012/07/2008 interview, "this is not the only body that has been dumped out here"...

Here is the latest article which sums up why the Levi Frady & Patrice Endres Investigations have gone cold, imo....

http://www.prod.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

After 5 years, notorious crime still haunts
Witness, authorities left asking, 'What if?'
Posted: 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013

Meredith Emerson's tragic tale ignited national concern. The fate of her killer, however, is in the hands of Florida judicial system. Gary Michael Hilton is appealing a death sentence for the murder of a nurse in the state.
By Bill Torpy

<modsnip>

Minutes earlier, Blankenship saw a weathered, toothless man with a sheathed police baton walking near a pretty young woman carrying that leash. He thought they might be a father and daughter. But Blankenship, a former cop, got a gut feeling something was wrong after finding the odd assortment of gear. He started asking others if they had seen anything strange.

Bill Clawson, another hiker, had. Minutes earlier, Clawson, who was with his son and then-fiancé, spotted a scruffy man skulking in the woods as his family enjoyed a scenic moment. The man seemed impatient, as if waiting for the family to leave. Clawson and Blankenship walked back to where the stranger lurked.

Clawson left and turned in the items found on the trail to a nearby store. Blankenship readied the pistol in his pack and kept searching.

Blankenship found nothing, so he left as dusk approached. But despite his concern, his searching and questioning others at the scene, he failed to do something that still haunts him: &#8220;I didn&#8217;t call the police,&#8221; he said recently. &#8220;It&#8217;s horrible, but I didn&#8217;t call. If I had done things different, she could be alive today.&#8221;

&#8220;She&#8221; was Meredith Emerson, a 24-year-old woman who vanished from the busy trail that day. Six days later, police found her headless body in another forest 40 miles away. She had survived for nearly 72 hours after being kidnapped by Hilton, held captive in his van as he drove town to town unsuccessfully trying to withdraw money from her bank account before returning to the forest to hide out.

<modsnip>

(READ MORE/MUCH MORE)

thanks Foxfire! The link just says page not found . Do you have another link?

Sketches of two possible POI's from descriptions given by witnesses who reported seeing the two men in the vicinity around the time Levy was reported missing on October 22, 1997.

From the GBI's website

FRADY4.jpeg

http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-343

A comparison of the sketches to a mugshot of Gary Hilton

15009755.jpg
15009762.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/family-suspects-hilton-in-levi-frady-murder/nFBPw/

I just saw this case and read the earlier posts and timelines. What an awful thing for the family to go through. My one thought, though, is why didn't the family contact LE prior to the next morning? I do not think the family is involved in any way, shape, or form, but I wonder if alerting authorities earlier may have helped any? I'm not trying to bash the family, who has suffered so much with the loss of Levi. It's just a thought I had while reading...

So tragic.

I live in the area where Levi was abducted & murdered. Levi & Patrice Endres remains were located only a rock's throw from where Meredith Hope Emerson's decapitated torso was found in the Dawson Forest wma-Atlanta tract. I have hunted, hiked, and explored this area for over four decades. After you read the following article, you may get a better understanding as to why Levi Frady's case has remained cold for 15 years..

Imo, the person responsible is sitting in prison in NC. The MS Media in the Atlanta & North GA area only prints spoonfed info by the GBI PR Unit(propaganda & rumor unit).
"Silence and misinformation by investigators via the MS Media is the predators most Lethal weapon"...

After 5 years, notorious crime still haunts
Witness, authorities left asking, 'What if?'

Posted: 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013

http://www.prod.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

Meredith Emerson's tragic tale ignited national concern. The fate of her killer, however, is in the hands of Florida judicial system. Gary Michael Hilton is appealing a death sentence for the murder of a nurse in the state.
By Bill Torpy

Eerie and disturbing is how Seth Blankenship recalls the scene he encountered on Blood Mountain on the afternoon of New Year&#8217;s Day 2008.
The hiking trail before him was torn up like there had been a fight. Water bottles, a leather dog leash, sun glasses, a police baton and a women&#8217;s hair barrette littered the ground.

Blankenship did not know exactly what had just transpired or the horror that was about to unfold. At this moment, he was what an excruciating number of others would soon become &#8212; one step behind serial killer Gary Hilton.
(Read More-Much More)

I agree that Gary Michael Hilton is the one who murdered Levi. He even eluded to that when GBI interviewed him asking if he could help with the Frady case. I wish he would talk and confess to his other murders but he is pure evil and he won't unless it is of benefit to him.

A cold murder case going back to 1997 still haunts Dawson County Sheriff Billy Carlisle, but now the investigation is getting a fresh look on 11 Alive TV news in Atlanta...

Frady's killer was never identified. "Whoever did it has been real tight-lipped about it," Carlisle said in September when announcing his retirement after 30 years with the department - 20 of those years as its sheriff

Dawson County Sheriff's Capt. Tony Wooten on Friday confirmed that a crew from 11 Alive visited the site in Dawson Forest where Frady’s body was found. “They’re calling it a coldcase squad, and they came up and reviewed the case,” Wooten said. “We took them to the site.” The cold case team consists of 11 Alive Reporter Vincent Politan, a former assistant prosecutor in Bergen County, New Jersey; Jospeh Morgan, a Jacksonville State University forensics scholar, and Mike Brooks, a 26-year police veteran and former member of the FBI’s Terrorism Task Force... The series is expected to air on 11 Alive on Feb. 16- 20, according to a station manager.
http://www.dawsonadvertiser.com/vie...ld-case-investigation?instance=main_image_top

Perhaps a forum member can report on the series when it is aired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back