GUILTY GA - Linda Yancey, 44, & Marcial Cax-Puluc, 23, murdered, Stone Mountain, 9 June 2008

I hope that the autopsy is very clear on the time of death for the wife. With a history of domestic calls to the home, I think it is far more likely that he killed the wife, then hired the day laborer so he could set him up as the killer. Hubby then murders the day laborer and makes himself out to be the sad hero. JMO

I hope that the autopsy is very clear on the time of death for the wife. With a history of domestic calls to the home, I think it is far more likely that he killed the wife, then hired the day laborer so he could set him up as the killer. Hubby then murders the day laborer and makes himself out to be the sad hero. JMO

I went back and read the article that TG linked and the one I linked and it was the same article from around 5:30 today. I am sure it was updated but neither article talks of prior domestic calls. So, was it reported in error? Or, was it pulled because it has become a murder investigation?

I think it would be important to note if the husband drives his patrol car home. The day-laborer would have had to be blind or a fool to choose a home with a sheriff deputy vehicle parked out front, if crime was on his mind.

Awfully nice house, by the way, for a cop and a prison guard.

Can't imagine why a cop, (who should know the dangers of hiring transient workers), would have hired a day laborer when there are plenty of kids out of school for the summer and looking to do a little yardwork. I'd hire a neighborhood kid over a (possibly illegal) day laborer any day!

JMO again!
Susan

I think it would be important to note if the husband drives his patrol car home. The day-laborer would have had to be blind or a fool to choose a home with a sheriff deputy vehicle parked out front, if crime was on his mind.

Awfully nice house, by the way, for a cop and a prison guard.

Can't imagine why a cop, (who should know the dangers of hiring transient workers), would have hired a day laborer when there are plenty of kids out of school for the summer and looking to do a little yardwork. I'd hire a neighborhood kid over a (possibly illegal) day laborer any day!

JMO again!
Susan

I don't think he drives it home but I can't be sure. The vehicle he uses is the transportation for prisoners vehicle but they did tow his personal pickup truck away. Don't know if he hired this person or if this person was working in the neighborhood. The house is very nice but the particular area is not or should I say as desirable as most in the metro area. It has been fairly inexpensive for a while now and no sign of appreciation.

This is the scenario I'm thinking happened.

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Strange, I read a blurb somewhere earlier today and it said the man was Asian, not Hispanic...................I wonder if perhaps he was Filipino?

Now, I can't find the dang thing!
[/FONT]

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/06/11/dekalb_deputy_wife_shot.html

The DeKalb County sheriff's deputy who shot an intruder who he said shot his wife was arrested in November, 2006 for a domestic violence incident after an altercation with his teenage son, records show.
Derrick Yancey, 46, was charged with simple battery and simple assault after an argument with his son over playing "offensive music," according to a police report. The teenager said Yancey hit him and threw his computer keyboard to the ground, according to the report.
The charges against Yancey were later dropped, according to county records. His son said he did not wish to prosecute.
Apparently there was a bit of confusion with the neighbors.

Yancey said he did not know the man, who police had yet to identify Wednesday.
Neighbors in the quiet subdivision said Yancey would hire workers to help with landscaping and plantings at his home.

So this particular guy wasn't one hired by the deputy, at least according to the deputy.

I'm not sure what I believe at this point but I remember there was a scandal around NC. A prision worker was having the prisioners do work detail on his own home. I wonder if the laborers this guy was hiring were people he had met through his work. Just a thought.

A roll of money was found which included $50 and $100 dollar bills.

How convenient that the money was there and available and already in a roll.

My first theory was that Yancey killed his wife and the day laborer had happened to come to the house for a question or a drink at just the wrong time. But since they were found in the basement I now believe that Yancey killed his wife, then called the laboror into the house and shot him to provide a cover for the death of his wife.

"If He Did It" :rolleyes:,

The next question that comes to my mind is if the cover-up was after the fact, or did he plan how he was going to stage it before he killed her?

The reported roll of $50's and 100's makes me suspect that either he knew he was going to kill her and set up the hired guy, so he had the cash ready to make it look like a robbery, or some significant time must have elapsed after he killed her and before the laborer was killed. I don't think it is likely that he just kept that much cash laying around, he would have needed time to get the cash, go find the guy, bring him to the house and lure him in to the basement.

Any cop who is so unable to control his mouth that the threatens to blow a his step-kid's head off needs to have his gun taken away and find another line of work. It is a shame that his wife had a thing to do with him after that episode.

Susan

http://www.ajc.com/traffic/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/06/16/yancey_police_shooting.html

The man was identified Monday as Marcial Cax Puluc, 23, of Guatemala. DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish said Puluc was a day laborer.

Yancey said he brought Puluc to his home "to help him do some work around the house," according to a police report. The shootout occurred after Puluc tried to rob the couple, the report said.

By all reports up until now Yancey has said he didn't know the day labor he hired. Why would you hire someone and not even ask their freakin' name?

Just trying to think out the theory that I have seen mentioned here often. If he did first kill his wife and then the man to try to cover it up I think it would be BEYOND obvious. LE would start with ballistics to see if the shots were fired from the same gun (or another gun found in the home). This guy works for the sherrifs department-and he would have to be a few crayons shy of a full box to think he could get away without them checking the ballistics. Even if he used another gun whether purchased legally or illegally, it would not be hard to trace that gun to him.

Just trying to think out the theory that I have seen mentioned here often. If he did first kill his wife and then the man to try to cover it up I think it would be BEYOND obvious. LE would start with ballistics to see if the shots were fired from the same gun (or another gun found in the home). This guy works for the sherrifs department-and he would have to be a few crayons shy of a full box to think he could get away without them checking the ballistics. Even if he used another gun whether purchased legally or illegally, it would not be hard to trace that gun to him.

I agree. This is a very suspicious death but what you have mentioned gives an edge.

To me, this one is obvious.

Even if the day laborer was a no good theif looking for easy money,( and we only have the dead woman's hubby's word for that), there are a lot of easier targets than a cop, in his own home, with his cop wife, in broad daylight, in a neighborhood of nice homes situated close together where an outsider would stick out like a sore thumb and everyone everywhere has a cell-phone in their hand to report a stranger taking off in the vehicle that belongs to the cop who lives next door. PUH-leese!:rolleyes:

I am assuming the cop went and picked this guy up and brought him to his home. It is not easy to conceal a gun from an experienced cop who covers his own butt every day at work by searching poeple before he transports them in his vehicle. I would assume the laborer was dressed for working in a hot yard, which would not provide many places to hide a gun from someone who knows where to look.

Top it all off with the fact that, if the laborer did want to steal the cop's money, why would he shoot the wife instead of the husband? And why do it in the basement, when his get-away could be easily cut off by anyone running downstairs to check out the gunshots?

On the other hand, if you want to kill your wife and you know you are alone in the house with her, the basement is the best place to do it. Gunshots would be muffled to anyone not inside the home, less chance of a neighbor walking in to borrow a cup of sugar and seeing the body while you are out hunting for your scapegoat, I mean yard-help. Less chance of a neighbor walking in and seeing you murder the yard help, too.

Jmo!
Susan

http://www.ajc.com/traffic/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2008/06/16/yancey_police_shooting.html

By all reports up until now Yancey has said he didn't know the day labor he hired. Why would you hire someone and not even ask their freakin' name?

Many don't know their names. Heck a lot of them go by a nickname and you are lucky if you get that much out of them and that is it. The day laborer is paid in cash most often so there is no need to know their names.

We have here what we call the "grayline" and if you need some work of any kind then you just go by and hire you one. Some of them are homeless or live in one of the shelters.

Now me? I would never hire these people.....some of them have robbed people and there is no way to really know where they came from or their backgrounds but they don't charge near as much for their work.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back