GA GA - Monica Bowie, 34, Dekalb County, 5 July 2007

Thank you all AGAIN for your support... It means the world that others care and it gives me and the family great hope... when there really isn't much. I am going to fight to stay strong... and I pray that God blesses me with the strength to do what my Aunt may not be able to do... I am going to try to get the family together to do something special for Monica's Birthday for my Aunts sake... she is "acting" strong or being as strong as she can be but her body and the concern in her eyes are telling a whole other story... I know if it is eating me and her cousins up that its killing her mama... That her baby... regardless of how old she is... and we want and need Monica home... Thanks again....

I am going to try to get the family together to do something special for Monica's Birthday for my Aunts sake...

We are planning an event w/Monica in mind for 4/4. (full details not ready and we will update you as we nail it all down) We planned on doing it the weekend of her bday, but we have 2 families here in GA w/missing who want to attend.

We will provide the community w/free ID cards (fingerprints, personal info, picture) have tables w/ information about our GA missing, preprinted labels featuring different cases, etc. I hope to get some news coverage, at least print for Monica's case.

We should know more about Monica's belongings today.

I still can not get this guy to return my calls. We left off w/him promising to call POD, have acct changed to my and MM's name so that we can get Monica's stuff home. He never called back.

Yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hours on phone with POD (THEY WERE FLIPPINFANTASTIC). We finally found the acct, which lists Monica as 2nd person, which is good because then MM can take over acct, she has POA.

We got as far as the POD going to New Orleans (this guy told me her apt was emptied and the POD taken to onsite storage here in ATL) then emergency moved when Katrina came, we lost the trail. But they are working on it. They think it may be empty, but wouldn't confirm and needed to investigate more. I gave them the whole story, they gave me a case #, contacts for MM to contact them so they can proceed to work more on this. Because I am not on acct or family I could only get so far.

Let's pray we can at the very least give MM her dear daughters things. :furious:

Has anyone talked to the new detective assigned to Monica's case? Maybe she can have a chat with this guy to find out where Monica's stuff really is???

Ditto on the :furious:

Has anyone talked to the new detective assigned to Monica's case? Maybe she can have a chat with this guy to find out where Monica's stuff really is???

Ditto on the :furious:

MM has emailed her and tried to get her with no luck lately...you have a copy of last correspondence w/detective. I also left her a message last week w/no luck...maybe you wanna try?

I just got this email from MM:
Well Christine Marc never put Monicas things in the PODS unit they have no order for her house the last date they have is 2006 and it is closed. Dont know what to do now. thank you for your help never was able to talk to Lisa from the pods unit
End email

Why the Sam Hell was her name on the account then?????

I just called our dear friend Marc, he answered, when I said this is Cw/LTWH he asked me to hold, he never came back....I called 3 more times, 2 times pick up and hangup, last time VM...

My VM

Check it out, can you puuuleeeze just call myself or MM and tell us what happened to M's things? This is just cruel. MM now not only has lost her child but she cannot recover and apt full of her belongings. Why are you doing this to her?? All we want is the truth. I guess the next step is det.'s. Please call.

I plan on calling once more later this evening, if he again doesn't answer I will leave my final voicemail with one last plead and letting him know I have done all I can, this is in MM hands now. Want him to believe that I am not going to be trouble for him. For all I know he could be part of the group involved in the disappearance!

LTWH (believe09) has been talking w/det and ME's on a weekly basis trying to find Monica and also we have all been going nuts trying to get Monica's belongings home to her family....we rec'd an email from det in case and they are supposed to meet with Guy who has her stuff next week...we also have been working with M's M trying to get her here to get M's stuff.

excerpt of email from Believe to det (names removed)

Recently, M's M brought to our attention the fact that Monica's personal effects were never restored to the XXXX family. Our founder, Christine Jones, has had multiple contacts with the individual who has admitted to having these items at one time: MXXX CXXX. Since their initial conversations, Mr. CXXXX has chosen to avoid disclosing the actual whereabouts of Monica's items. The XXXXX are looking for some assistance and relief in determining what has happened to them and whether or not they can recover them. Christine is CC'd on this email and is available at any time to discuss with you the nature of her conversations with Mr. CXXXX

From Det

Ms. Believe, (yes I changed it!)

Thank you so much for reaching out on behalf of the XXXXX family. I have spoken to Mr. CXXXX today and have set up a meeting with him for next week. He has told me that he still has Monica’s belongings in a storage pod and he needs to get the key to Ms. XXXXX. I asked him to call Ms. XXXXX asap, as I understand that she will be in town the first week of April. He assured me he would. At the meeting next week, I will see if he will leave the key to the unit with me, and I will coordinate getting it to Ms. XXXXX.
That's what he told me too. :(

Also exerpt from det....some hope for all...

Please be assured that we have not forgotten Monica, and will do everything that we can to seek justice for her and her family. Again, thank you for your support of the XXXXX family, and I will definitely contact you should I need your assistance.

From M's M (Trina is new det assigned to case)........possible success. Trying to get them here for event on 4/4. I am having trouble getting them here...I thought for sure I could find buddy passes...NOT. Please pray that someone comes through and can get M's M and M's Sis here to fellowship with other families of the missing while assisting in the community giving out free ID cards so that if this happens to others they will be prepared!

I had a long talk with trina yesterday and she was able to get intouch with mXXX!!!! can you believe it . she asked him to bring the key to the storage box into her office on tuesday she told him she had to go thru it.. he said he has been paying on the box for a year. she asked me to call him and let him know that we had a conversation then let her know what happened i e-mailed her today with the answer he did not respond to me at all. my daughter and i still want to come down we are available from 4-3-9- to 4-5 or 4-6 to come down praying on you getting the buddy pass tickets let me know as soon as possible. Once again thank you M's M and family

No news in so long. I was thinking of Monica and her family the last couple weeks, then there are reports of remains found south of Atlanta today along the interstate:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19518853/detail.html
No news yet, male or female, or how long they've been there. But someone's been found.

We will be featuring Monica tomorrow when CUE for the Missing's tour On the Road to Remember comes through our area.

Georgia based Lighting The Way Home is hosting an event with CUE for the Missing!

CUE will be stopping in Peachtree City, GA on their National Road Tour 2009 August 18, 2009, and we are pleased to announce that we will be having a prayer vigil next to City Hall at 151 Willow Bend Road, 30269. All are invited to attend, 7PM.

This is a unique opportunity for those of us who are passionate regarding the plight of the missing to stand shoulder to shoulder with families who are seeking loved ones-please help us to draw attention to the suffering of those who are left behind when a family member disappears.

"On The Road To Remember," is an awareness campaign that focuses on missing person cases that have gone cold, or have not received significant media coverage. The tour, which travels through several states annually, seeks to give these cases the kind of attention they deserve.
Promotional items will be distributed through the tour and at each rally stop.
Please spread the word and encourage people to attend-raising awareness enough to close out even one cold case moves one file from the bottom of the pile and ends the suffering, finally, of one family. The reward is priceless.

:bump: for Monica.

fall_feature1-2_12.jpg

Snipped:

On July 5, 2007 Bowie came home late and was kidnapped. Five witnesses say they heard someone yelling for help in the parking deck and some witnesses even claim to have seen Bowie leaving the parking deck in what looked to be a burgundy 2002 Mercury Sable. The witnesses were able to capture the license plate and it was given to the 911 dispatcher.

The police indicated that the crime scene definitely showed signs of a struggle. Many of Bowie’s personal items were on the ground as well as her broken fingernails. When the burgundy Mercury Sable was found later by police it had already been burned and there was no evidence of Bowie’s body.

http://findourmissing.com/2012/episode-103-monica-bowie-and-jaliek-rainwalker-video/

I can't believe it has been six years and no more progress.

It seemed like there was so much to go
on in the beginning.

Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still missing:

Monica Renee Bowie

Case Type: Involuntary
Date of Birth: March 30, 1974
Missing Date: July 5, 2007
Age Now: 39
Missing City: Atlanta
Missing State: Georgia
Race: Black
Complexion: Medium
Height: 5-4
Weight: 135
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: Long
Eye Color: Brown
Wear Glasses or Contacts: No

Location Last Seen: Monica was kidnapped from her parking deck at approximately 11:14 p.m. at the Berkshire at Lenox Apartments at 2124 Gables Dr., NE, Atlanta, Ga. A maroon 2002 Mercury Sable seen leaving the scene was located in Atlanta, abandoned and burned.

http://newsone.com/2762521/monica-renee-bowie-atlanta-missing/

91a.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname