Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

I have not! Thanks for the reminder. (always PM me with nudges, I am working on several different UID's/Missing). The person that is handling this for us is out on Wed's...I am making a note to call her on Thurs.

Meanwhile, we can work on the new people you all think should be compared?

Tips for Submitting

And if they look like possibles, I could discuss with them at the same time on Thursday.

:blowkiss:

Missing since October 9, 1984 from Mercedes, Hidalgo County, Texas.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 27, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin.
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Leggett disappeared from the Ross Cotton Gin, her place of employment, between 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. She was last seen talking to two male subjects outside. On the same date at approximately 4:45 p.m., her parents received two phone calls to the effect that their daughter had been kidnapped. Mrs. Leggett's family drove to the Ross Cotton Gin, which is owned by Mrs. Leggett's father-in-law, and found her car with her purse and keys in it. She left behind her husband and young son.
Foul play is suspected.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 digs deeper into Leggett's disappearance 24 years ago
MERCEDES - Kim Sue Leggett disappeared from a cotton gin 24 years ago. Just recently, authorities have labeled her disappearance as an open murder investigation instead of just a missing persons case.

There have been many theories in to what happened. One centers around her stepfather, Lefty Gardner. Some believe the pilot and member of the Confederate Airforce was asked to move contraband into Mexico, and her abduction was retaliation for his refusal.

Investigators also centered on her husband, Mark Leggett, during the investigation. We're told it's because a spouse is always a suspect.

He never fully cooperated with authorities, telling us he thought police were just looking for an easy arrest.

"Hidalgo County was completely willing to lock me in jail to say they've solved something," says Leggett.

Leggett remains frustrated to this day, telling NEWSCHANNEL 5 that investigators have not kept him informed about the case.

Other people claim Mark Leggett knows too much about his wife's disappearance.

On the day she vanished, the couple's babysitter says Mark had told her husband about her disappearance before anyone else. And instead of going to the cotton gin where she vanished from, Mark had taken her husband into town to pick up his friend Marc Hinojosa.

There's still no solid evidence in the disappearance of Kim Sue Leggett.

As for Mark Leggett, he's divorced Kim in the years that followed her disappearance and is about to marry for the third time.

Authorities believe they're closer than ever to solving the case. Friends and family of Kim Sue Leggett say they're hoping that day will come soon.

Attachments

• M8803022.jpg
    M8803022.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 115157018bakercounty.jpg
    115157018bakercounty.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 142

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 27, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin.
Dentals: Not available

Leggett disappeared from the Ross Cotton Gin, her place of employment, between 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. She was last seen talking to two male subjects outside. On the same date at approximately 4:45 p.m., her parents received two phone calls to the effect that their daughter had been kidnapped. Mrs. Leggett's family drove to the Ross Cotton Gin, which is owned by Mrs. Leggett's father-in-law, and found her car with her purse and keys in it. She left behind her husband and young son.
Foul play is suspected.

NEWSCHANNEL 5 digs deeper into Leggett's disappearance 24 years ago
MERCEDES - Kim Sue Leggett disappeared from a cotton gin 24 years ago. Just recently, authorities have labeled her disappearance as an open murder investigation instead of just a missing persons case.

There have been many theories in to what happened. One centers around her stepfather, Lefty Gardner. Some believe the pilot and member of the Confederate Airforce was asked to move contraband into Mexico, and her abduction was retaliation for his refusal.

Investigators also centered on her husband, Mark Leggett, during the investigation. We're told it's because a spouse is always a suspect.

He never fully cooperated with authorities, telling us he thought police were just looking for an easy arrest.

"Hidalgo County was completely willing to lock me in jail to say they've solved something," says Leggett.

Leggett remains frustrated to this day, telling NEWSCHANNEL 5 that investigators have not kept him informed about the case.

Other people claim Mark Leggett knows too much about his wife's disappearance.

On the day she vanished, the couple's babysitter says Mark had told her husband about her disappearance before anyone else. And instead of going to the cotton gin where she vanished from, Mark had taken her husband into town to pick up his friend Marc Hinojosa.

There's still no solid evidence in the disappearance of Kim Sue Leggett.

As for Mark Leggett, he's divorced Kim in the years that followed her disappearance and is about to marry for the third time.

Authorities believe they're closer than ever to solving the case. Friends and family of Kim Sue Leggett say they're hoping that day will come soon.

They certainly look alike!

The Doe Network:
Case File 1352DFAZ

Alison Marie Mims
Missing since December 23, 1980 in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Agency Case Number:
80-149966 / 1980-80149966
NCIC Number: M-328244847

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 30, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"-5'3"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; green eyes. Light complexion.
Marks, Scars: Cut marks on both wrists.
Clothing: Light blue colored sweater, white pants, gray zipper calf high boots.
Jewelry: She was wearing a gold chain necklace with a small cross, and a silver ring with a black stone and a little diamond in the middle of it.
AKA: Ali Mims
Dentals: Available.

Mims was last seen at her mothers wedding, on December 23, 1980 in Phoenix, AZ. She told her mother she was going to give a ride to a guest at the wedding who had become too drunk to drive.

Alison was last seen between 11:30pm and 12:00am driving the aquaintance home to the area of 59th Avenue and Missouri Avenue in Glendale, AZ.
Alison's car, described as a 1974, cream colored, four door Oldsmobile was later found abandoned in the area of 20th Avenue and Bethany Home Road.
Foul play is suspected.

(Sorry! I didn't do this in my previous post)

Attachments

• mims_alison.jpg
    mims_alison.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 522UFGA found in 1985.jpg
    522UFGA found in 1985.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 167

Kim Sue Leggett

No dentals on Kim's side..did you see anywhere online that Kim's DNA is in CODIS? I will see if I can confirm GA UID has DNA in and it has been run.

Height off, but close enough. UID has brown hair w/blonde highlights.....Kim had blonde hair. Also, UID does note stretchmarks, I would think they would note a scar on the chin/face, it is not mentioned.

I have not! Thanks for the reminder. (always PM me with nudges, I am working on several different UID's/Missing). The person that is handling this for us is out on Wed's...I am making a note to call her on Thurs.

Meanwhile, we can work on the new people you all think should be compared?

Tips for Submitting

And if they look like possibles, I could discuss with them at the same time on Thursday.

:blowkiss:

Christine - how did your discussion go? were you able to get in touch with them?

did you discuss Billy Jean Hall as the possible match?

Christine - how did your discussion go? were you able to get in touch with them?

did you discuss Billy Jean Hall as the possible match?

Hiya FC.

I did get to talk with them and sadly, the people assigned to this case have been out of office all week 'on call'. They promised me they would definitely get working on it next week, and, uh, I promised to nag. I have it pinned up on my computer where I can miss it and be in nag mode during the week.

2nd. The agent I am working with does not believe that Alison or Kim are matches based on hair color. UID had blonde not brown hair.

I asked for a list of current ruleouts and will ask again in my 1st nag email they will get when they arrive at work Monday AM ;)

Christine I'm a little confused about the hair color, some reports state UID's hair color as brown with blonde highlights, while others state: strawberry blonde/blonde. As I am looking at the reconstruction photos, it's obvious the artist evaluated her hair color as blonde.

And here's the NamUS description:

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing On Body: WEARING BLUE JEANS AND GREY T-SHIRT Head Hair: Blond/Strawberry Eye Color: Blue

How is hair color assessed? Do authorities go by the medical examiners description, or do they actually pass the hair through light to measure its refraction and then label it according to a color chart?

It all seems so arbitrary...

Also, I was noticing many of the missing persons have their hair color stated as "brown" when they're a dirty blonde, or even "blonde" when their hair is medium brown.

My hair is dark brown (looks very auburn in the sun), but I have had friends describe my hair as "black". My hair is definitely NOT black, but I wonder now how my hair color would be described if I ended up in a coma on the side of a road somewhere.

excellent points and questions, I had never thought of 'light/color charts', tamar!

Why not pull up a list of different sites and what they say? #1 great example to other sleuthers and #2 we can present this to GBI ME.

I also am going to send ME questions you posed to get a professional answer for us.

I run into this all the time, different reports from each site...best to go straight to ME, IMO, FWIW.

I'm Kim Leggett's brother in law. I don't really see much of a resemblence here, but it would be nice if we could solve this. I'd say long shot at best.

Kim was 21 with no stretch marks and blond, blond hair. I also can't think of any possible link that would put her in Georgia from South Texas (but yes, it could happen I suppose).

Its strange, last summer after so many years of nothing we were hearing that there was a "break" in the case but now it has gone silent again.

I appreciate you guys who are out there looking.

Steven Leggett

C~

Hairstylists use hair color charts and color samples (I'm sure most women have seen the samples even if only at the supermarker/pharmacy) to assess a client's root color or previous color combinations, or to lay a potential color over another to see how a color will cast. Unfortunately, each hair color company has a different labeling system, so unless an universal chart is available, I don't know how well it would serve police/medical examiners.

I know that forensic experts use refraction to match hair and fibers when it comes to things like murder investigations, but whether they routinely use such technology to identify a Doe...

i dunno.

Steven,

Thank you for responding. I hope Kim is found, and those responsible for her disappearance brought to justice. Your previous thread (from last year) was very insightful and helped me to look at the news reports objectively.

Is it possible she had some stretch marks after her pregnancy? I know not every woman ends up with strech marks after they have a baby, but most do, even if only mild ones,

and we become very good at camouflaging them! (I'm certain my brother-in-law has never seen mine)

I'm Kim Leggett's brother in law. I don't really see much of a resemblence here, but it would be nice if we could solve this. I'd say long shot at best.

Kim was 21 with no stretch marks and blond, blond hair. I also can't think of any possible link that would put her in Georgia from South Texas (but yes, it could happen I suppose).

Its strange, last summer after so many years of nothing we were hearing that there was a "break" in the case but now it has gone silent again.

I appreciate you guys who are out there looking.

Steven Leggett

Hi Steven thanks for that insight
I did think the UID looked like Kim...but you would know best..

I just read the other thread about Kim being missing - I thought arrests were imminent in 08 - what happened ? perhaps rather than clogging this thread you could update that other one ?

I hope your SIL is found and laid to rest in peace soon
and I am sorry for yours and your families loss

It's interesting that stretch marks are noted but there is no mention of whether she is thought to ever been pregnant or not. Some girls get stretch marks simply from growing rapidly during puberty.

Thanks for replying, Steven. I hope Kim is found someday.

From Doe Network:

Patricia Jean Schneider
Missing since July 31, 1982 from Pedley, Riverside County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Straight, shoulder length blond/strawberry hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: A cocktail waitress uniform.
AKA: Patti

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 3:45 AM on Sunday July 31, 1982, Patricia Schneider, after completing work as a cocktail waitress at the Palomino Station, an Indian Hills restaurant and nightclub, made a call from the Circle K market on Limonite in Pedley (between Riverside and Mira Loma) reporting her car had broken down.
A clerk at the Circle K stated he saw two white males with sandy hair in the parking lot while Schneider made calls from the phone.
Between 5 and 6 that same morning, a Riverside county sheriff found Schneider's car on fire near the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Doolittle Avenue. The area was searched and no traces of Patti were found.

Attachments

• PJSchneider41.jpg
    PJSchneider41.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 115157018bakercounty.jpg
    115157018bakercounty.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 61
  • PJSchneider1.jpg
    PJSchneider1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 58
Bumping...

Has anyone heard if they compared this UID to Bille Jean Hall?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/522ufga.html

Billie Jean - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_billie.html

I think that Billie Jean resembles the UID.... Should someone resubmit?

The only rule out of this UID on Namus is Deborah McCall here's the link https://identifyus.org/cases/4705

Great resemblance including circumstances, and everything lines up quite nicely, except the scars and medical hardware.

D'ya suppose they could have neglected to mention these identifiers? I would normally say no, but after a few recent screw-ups, I'm not so sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back