GUILTY GA - Police Chief William McCollom for attempted murder, Peachtree City, 2015

I've been trying to think of how the police would know or be able or prove it if the husband did do it on purpose. He admits shooting her so there is no question of whether she could hold the gun in the right position or who has gun residue on their hands. She was shot while sleeping so she can't say what happened right before or really even right after since it would be very confusing to awaken to a bullet in the back. She probably had no clue what happened at first, just sleep and then horrible pain, maybe even shock.

Unless there really were multiple shots fired or there is evidence to show she was shot from a different angle or area of the room or there is a witness somewhere, how would you prove a deliberate assault with a deadly weapon even if that is what happened?

JMO but even if this case is ruled accidental this man should lose his job. I don't believe his story at all, but no matter - if his judgement is flawed to the point of having a loaded gun lying in the bed with him and his wife, he should not hold the position of chief of police. I certainly wouldn't feel all that safe in his town. Just saying

I've been trying to think of how the police would know or be able or prove it if the husband did do it on purpose. He admits shooting her so there is no question of whether she could hold the gun in the right position or who has gun residue on their hands. She was shot while sleeping so she can't say what happened right before or really even right after since it would be very confusing to awaken to a bullet in the back. She probably had no clue what happened at first, just sleep and then horrible pain, maybe even shock.

Unless there really were multiple shots fired or there is evidence to show she was shot from a different angle or area of the room or there is a witness somewhere, how would you prove a deliberate assault with a deadly weapon even if that is what happened?

In the case of a woman who killed her husband on purpose then claimed she shot him accidentally as she was removing the gun from under the pillow, police proved it because it was at a diffeent angle. But that was her second husband that died from being "accidentally shot" so it always easier when it's more than one spouse that meets the same end.

Police chief who accidentally shot his wife as she slept has been married FOUR times as it emerges she is now paralyzed from the waist down

William McCollom, the chief of police in Peachtree City, Georgia, called 911 on January 1 to say he had accidentally shot his wife, Margaret

She is recovering and told investigators she believes it was accidental

On the 911 call, it took two minutes for him to admit to the dispatcher that he was the chief of police

The incident has sparked a criminal probe and an investigation into his four decades working for law enforcement

It has emerged he has been married four times; Margaret was his third wife and after he recently divorced his fourth wife, they reconciled

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sleeping-wife-4-divorces-no-violent-past.html

JMO but even if this case is ruled accidental this man should lose his job. I don't believe his story at all, but no matter - if his judgement is flawed to the point of having a loaded gun lying in the bed with him and his wife, he should not hold the position of chief of police. I certainly wouldn't feel all that safe in his town. Just saying

I know several residents of that lovely little town who totally agree with you.

Well, I figured he wouldn't be charged with anything so this is something. Not much. But something.

[h=1]Did Peachtree City chief receive special treatment in shooting case?
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/special-treatment-peachtree-city-police-chief/nkZhS/[/h]

You drank some whiskey, swallowed some Alleve PM and then crawled into bed next to your wife.
You also brought along your loaded pistol, stashed it between the sheets and fell asleep.
You woke up sometime later when the 9mm went off, blowing a hole through your wife's back, nearly killing her and paralyzing her forever. You called 911 and told them what you'd done.
What do you think the authorities would do with you?

Oh, heck. I'm sure McCollom is covered by law enforcement liability insurance. This type of policy includes, among other benefits: coverage for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage that results from LE activities or operations and is caused by a wrongful act while conducting those activities or operations. And, in addition: no intentional acts exclusion, and coverage for pure mental anguish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back