GA GA - Robert Ashworth, 24, Cartersville, 9 March 2005

How would these "strangers" known to have called your house to find Robert for this job? Was your number listed in an advertisement for his landscaping business? Did he have business cards? Did he advertise online, newspaper, or other means...signs on the sides of the road, etc?

It does sound like his ex is involved in some way, but LE is correct in saying they don't have anything to go on with her. You can't obtain phone records or other evidence without a search warrant which they cannot obtain without probable cause. Since she was living out of state, it would take a witness naming her as a co-conspirator in this particular case or something for LE to become involved..(At least, to my knowledge which is limited.) If she denied being the person that LE wanted to talk to...isn't much they could do in that respect either. Their hands were rather tied because they can't cross those lines.

However, if you have proof your PI was conversing and hiding evidence perhaps...you might be able to go through other channels to secure his records. Check in your state to see what recourse you have against bad PIs. This might require you filing a civil action against him...if applicable. Talk to an atty on this one. This could be the break you need to involve the ex-wife, too. I don't know if you have any such recourse, but it is worth a shot.

It sounds like that "job" sounds too good to be true. He should have questioned it at the time, but I am sure whomever called knew he would fall for such a ruse. It is too bad he didn't write anything down..or did he? Did you keep a pad by the phone for such? Could he have written down something about it and ripped it off to take with him? (Did he live with you, by the way? If not, where did he live and what was the area like?)

I know you won't like me saying this, but I am going to anyway. (You will find I am a bit blunt. Sorry, I don't mean disrespect, but someone has to be objective and ask the hard questions or look at other scenarios.) Sometimes, we don't know our siblings or family members as well as think. It could be Robert was saying this about the "job" in order to explain him coming back in four days with such a "windfall" and he was involved in something sinister. Maybe there was something in the other boys' stories which did connect them. Drugs or robbery would certainly fit into this category to obtain that kind of fast cash. So would "doing a job" for another person...if this person had authority/held threats over them.
***How would these "strangers" known to have called your house to find Robert for this job? Was your number listed in an advertisement for his landscaping business? Did he have business cards? Did he advertise online, newspaper, or other means...signs on the sides of the road, etc? Robert had been putting in job applications all over the place. He knew that he would have to start paying child support soon, and didn’t want to have to worry about being behind. So, people knew he was looking, the ex knew he was looking also, and what type of work he did. Robert had talked to the ex Friday night, March 11th. He asked he to come to Chattanooga, to met him there, because he wanted to see the girls. She told him no. Then later, he told her he wanted to come home to her and the girls. That she and the girls could come pick him up after he was done working, and he would have money then too. She agreed to that………………… (I won’t deny, that during that phone call, Robert seemed determined/desperate, almost like he had to go. I knew he was missing the girls terribly, and figured that was the reasoning behind it. We thought that the whole getting back with the ex thing, was just a way for Robert to visit with the girls. Robert and I even got into an argument over the phone, because I told him the job didn’t sound right, and she has to let him visit with the girls, he don’t have to get back with her just to do so). Later on late that evening, she called me, to tell me she didn’t want him there, and she was not picking him up. She laughed because she thought it was funny. I called Robert to tell him, and we got on 3-way with her, and she told him what she told me. He seemed almost to be crying, telling her how he ‘loved’ her, and it’s killing him to be away from Cali & LaChlynd. Somewhere, she was able to find humor in all of this, yet still be cold, almost like hell-bent in making him more upset, and prove to him that she had the control. Robert left to go to the ‘job’ anyway, hoping she would change her mind. He even wired money to her, for his daughter, from Wal-mart, on the night he disappeared.

***However, if you have proof your PI was conversing and hiding evidence perhaps He wasn’t a PI, like you would go out an hire, he was the one assigned to Robert’s case, through the sheriff dept. There are a lot of suspicious players through our LE, AND the GBI. Where we live, our county covers up a lot of ‘wrong doings’ with the PD. They are actually under investigation right now, while some are in Federal prisons, and other’s like the head of narcotics, are awaiting trail inside the jail. They protect only their own.

***I am sure whomever called knew he would fall for such a ruse. Robert believed the best in everyone, and took things for face value pretty much. If you have never screwed him over, then he had no reason not to trust you, and believe you.
*** Did you keep a pad by the phone for such? No, we did not.
***Did he live with you, by the way? Yes, he was living at my house, from the time he separated from his wife which was around the very end of December 2004, to the very beginning of January 2005. He stayed with me, up until he left in March. The neighborhood, wasn’t the best, it was far from it. We kept to ourselves mostly, due to the way the area was.
***I know you won't like me saying this, but I am going to anyway. Please don’t think that I am not open to other people’s versions, or ideals, or even opinions. I am not like that. This all has nothing to do with what I like, or don’t like. It’s about help finding my brother. I understood when allowing these post to be placed in order to gain help, that there may be scenarios that we have not thought of, and people can and will post their feelings and thoughts on the situation. That is why I am here. To be open minded, and hear out other peoples versions. J Believe me, after 2 ½ years go by, and nothing but a bunch of terrible stories, I am braced for about anything.
***Sometimes, we don't know our siblings or family members as well as think. I understand, and I pray that I didn’t know Robert at all, that I, and the rest of the family only thought we knew him. That he could show us a side to him, that wasn’t real, in order to disappear. Because not really knowing him, and us being fooled, is still better than what we fear.
***order to explain him coming back in four days with such a "windfall" and he was involved in something sinister. Something sinister, I would believe, something evil even. Robert, we fear, got caught up in something that he had no ideal how bad it was. Open to the ideal that we did know him very well…..Robert was very happy-go-lucky, all the time, and very seldom did hard knocks of life get to him. When life gave him lemons, or those around him, he always turned it into not lemonade, but kool-aide! He had just such a happy spirit inside him, that when he was around, he infected everyone!!! Life of the party is a HUGE understatement for him.
***Drugs or robbery would certainly fit into this category to obtain that kind of fast cash. So would "doing a job" for another person...if this person had authority/held threats over them. Robert did use drugs every once in a while, but selling them,…out of the question. Robbery, I only laugh now at that ideal, because he would have been busted flat out right then. He could not stop clowning around, long enough for something so serious. He would be trying to dance, and be all like ‘what’s up dawg?’ Threats was something that Robert put no value in, he just didn’t believe in them. Maybe it was because of his attitude toward life. He would say, threats are just people with nothing better to do, than run their mouths. That if someone was really going to be doing something, that for one, they wouldn’t air to the world, they wouldn’t have time for those types of games, they would just come up to you, by surprise, and actually do what all the other are only talking about. That was one reason he put no thought into the phone call about the ‘hit’.

"He even wired money to her, for his daughter, from Wal-mart, on the night he disappeared." Hokey said.

Where did he get this money and how much did he send? Was this transaction shortly before he went missing that night or after? How did you find out about it? Where is the Wal-mart from your home?

This is an excellent theory, IMO, FWIW. Maybe running drugs and something went awry? Wasn't Robert an informant? Or asked to be an informant? I may be mixing this up with one of the other boys. So much to this one!
*Wasn't Robert an informant? Or asked to be an informant? - - He was asked several times to be an informant, by the head of the drug task force, (who is now awaiting trail for laundry money, and the reselling/pawning or stolen guns),......but Robert declined, again and again. It has been thought, and said that he was an informant, but I can not confirm that. All I can confirm, is a conversasion over the phone, with Cherokee County DA, talking about reducing his girlfriends bond amount, if he told them who her big time dealers were.

Dont' apologize for writing alot, we all find this interesting and want to help.

So what I have gleaned from this conversation is that the family is feeling quite certain that Robert is no longer with us, and that there is some sort of police cover up? Or other cover up?
***So what I have gleaned from this conversation is that the family is feeling quite certain that Robert is no longer with us, and that there is some sort of police cover up? Or other cover up? We very strongly feel like he is gone. My Mother says, that if he were here, she would feel it, because of their bond, but she knows he is gone. I have even checked into his credit report, and their has been nothing on it -NOTHING. We also believe their is police cover-up with all three men, not just Robert. We think the PD hands are very dirty, and refusing to help, in my eyes, only incriminates them more!

******Drugs or robbery would certainly fit into this category to obtain that kind of fast cash. So would "doing a job" for another person...if this person had authority/held threats over them. Robert did use drugs every once in a while, but selling them,…out of the question. Robbery, I only laugh now at that ideal, because he would have been busted flat out right then. He could not stop clowning around, long enough for something so serious. He would be trying to dance, and be all like ‘what’s up dawg?’ Threats was something that Robert put no value in, he just didn’t believe in them. Maybe it was because of his attitude toward life. He would say, threats are just people with nothing better to do, than run their mouths. That if someone was really going to be doing something, that for one, they wouldn’t air to the world, they wouldn’t have time for those types of games, they would just come up to you, by surprise, and actually do what all the other are only talking about. That was one reason he put no thought into the phone call about the ‘hit’.

Tonya- I know this is a serious subject but I could not help but laugh at that statement about Red clowning around! I did not know him but just picturing that is hilarious! Seems like he was alot of fun!

* All I can confirm, is a conversasion over the phone, with Cherokee County DA, talking about reducing his girlfriends bond amount, if he told them who her big time dealers were.

When did this happen? How soon after did he go missing?

"He even wired money to her, for his daughter, from Wal-mart, on the night he disappeared." Hokey said.

Where did he get this money and how much did he send? Was this transaction shortly before he went missing that night or after? How did you find out about it? Where is the Wal-mart from your home?
***Where did he get this money and how much did he send? - - He borrowed this money from one of our cousin's , who own a garage in Acworth, he wired $70.00
***Was this transaction shortly before he went missing that night or after? This transaction happened RIGHT before he got into the truck with the two strange men. He hasn't been seen or heard from since.
***How did you find out about it? The lady who was working customer service that night he came in, saw his flyer, and she called me, and told me about it. She said he was excited because his little girl was playing t-ball, and in dance clases too. When I spoke with the ex, she confirmed that, telling me that yes, LaChlynd needed tights, and her t-ball uniform, and Robert wired the money up there for her. Then she laughs, and tells me how she thought it was still funny, that he thought he was going to get to come up there.
***Where is the Wal-mart from your home? The Wal-Mart was not very far at all from the house I lived in then. Maybe 20 minutes, North of Acworth.

What address is this? Is this the Wal-mart or a house? 100 block of Market Place Boulevard in Cartersville, Georgia

Do you know the address for the Wal-mart? There are 3 in Acworth. Was it the farthest one north on N. Cobb?

Tonya- I know this is a serious subject but I could not help but laugh at that statement about Red clowning around! I did not know him but just picturing that is hilarious! Seems like he was alot of fun!
Robert was always fun to be around. :p Him acting the way he did, always clowning, and stuff, was also a way he connected with the kids. I have a home video of him, when he was about 13 years old, out in the yard playing football, with some little kids. You can watch that video now, and if you knew Robert, you would say, "BOY, that boy hasn't changed a bit has he?" He truely is missed.

What address is this? Is this the Wal-mart or a house? 100 block of Market Place Boulevard in Cartersville, Georgia

Do you know the address for the Wal-mart? There are 3 in Acworth. Was it the farthest one north on N. Cobb?

That is the address of the Wal-Mart he went missing from.

When did this happen? How soon after did he go missing?
I believe this happened sometime in February, and he was gone about 3-4 weeks later. I can not say that he actually met with anyone, only that I heard him on the phone planning on doing so.

Is there anyone who has experience with doing timelines who would like to help Tonya and I do one for Robert? I have her story she typed up in great detail I can email. It is just too long to post here... We need help with a timeline.:D

Tell me about Allatoona Lake area. Is it heavily wooded? Do they find a lot of criminal activity going on there? (ie. recovery of bodies, drug busts, etc.)

Have the families considered doing a petition for a Grand Jury investigation?

Well, I hate webshots. It was much easier just to dump stuff on my website but I cant' find the dang password:
This will link to my webshots album. The articles are the last two images in there (obviously) and you can click on the "full size" icon once you view them to view them as big enough to read.
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/133246739eBeC/album/558748147BCzcIC

someone let me know if THIS worked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname