GA - Shakayla, 3, & Jordan Hawes, 1, murdered, Augusta, 29 Nov 2007 *Insanity*

So she witnessed a stabbing. And it sounds brutal to me, even if it was a dog, by the way she explained it with the woman stabbing their dog over and over again with a pocket knife killing the dog. She spoke out on the news about how unbelievable and wrong it was after seeing it and then she stabs her own childrento death a couple of days later. Unbelievable.

To some people "unbelievable and wrong" are not deterrants.

It will be interesting to find out what the motive was in this case. Most women who kill do so because they think no one else can take care of their babies. Most men do it to get even with someone. In this case, she didn't appear to have tried to kill herself. She was just laying on the bathroom floor covered in their blood when LE finally got in. They interviewed someone who said she appeared to have "scratches" on her when she went into the bathroom with the kids. She had to be crazy.

I just don't believe that anymore. I do think that has been put out there as the excuse why a mother kills but in the last five years or more I have read and heard of cases where that wasn't the case at all. I think evil is in both genders and both genders are perfectly capable of killing their children for a myriad of reasons. We have seen children brutally murdered by their mothers simply because they felt they were in the way. Usually there is a boyfriend in the picture that is much more important to the so called "mother." We have seen them murder their children because the children got in the way and were looked at as burdens only instead of blessings.

I read a statistic a couple of months ago on child abuse including neglect, torture, sexual exploitation and murder and it said that most often it is done by the biological parent and the parent most likely to do this to their children is the biological mother (57%). That speaks volumes imo that this horrible issue is not about a woman being "crazy" and I think that is no more than a brainwashing that has been spun for many years.

I also think that it is very logical that males kill their children for the same reasons. When we see cases where a father kills his entire family I don't think every time it is to get even but done because of divorces in which the father has been stripped of raising his children.

None of it is right and our babies lose and many times it is with their lives.

Imo, this case will probably turnout that she was in hot pursuit of her lover and her young children were in the way of that pursuit. Just guessing of course.

What a sad world we live in today. We tell our children to beware of strangers when more children are harmed by the ones that professes to love, nurture and protect them.

I cringed to think what goes on in some of these homes once their child walks into their very own homes. From all these cases we see repeated daily it is not the stranger out there they should fear but the enemy within that is well known to them.

IMO

I kind of doubt this was a case of trying to get rid of the kids for the bf. It really seems like more of a psychotic episode. She had a 1 year old, & I would bet she was probably untreated for ppd. For anyone who has ever had this, it is a horrible disease & it is a lot more common than you may think. In many cases it is not taken seriously even by Dr's. I have seen 2 women on another bb I visit that have posted about having terrible thoughts of suicide. One of them said she visualized putting her baby in the oven & cooking him. She was still pregnant. Even with that, her Dr brushed her off. Everyone on the board pleaded with her to keep calling Dr.s, until she finally called her OLD dr from where she used to live & He finally took her seriously & got her in & got her medicated. How many women just get patted on the shoulder & told they will be OK??

Post Partum Depression may very well end up factoring into this case. I hate it when something like that ends up being used as an excuse for something like this, but sometimes it REALLY is a factor. We will have to wait and see, I guess. Hormones are powerful chemicals that can cause rage (look at the 'roid rage discussion recently with the wrestling community), and depression. It is a thin line between blaming hormones for someone's lack of ability to apply self-control when they are feeling bad. Anyone who has ever rasied a teenager (or even been one!) can testify that one day your son/daughter is fine, and the next they are a raving lunatic that cannot be reasoned with!

www.wjbf.com in Augusta Ga.
Augusta police are on the scene of an apparent murder of a young child at a Texaco gas station in south Augusta, at the intersection of Richmond Hill Road and Lumpkin Road. They say a woman used a knife to stab her two children. The one-year-old was dead at the scene, and the three-year-old was rushed to MCG in critical condition, where the child later died.
What in world in happening?

Oh Dear God!

I agree, what in the world is happening? Is the whole world crazy! ???
This woman stabbed her 2 babies to death!
It just makes me want to cry!

I am always talking about how much my former home town (CSRA) is safe and doesn't have the kind of issues DC has... then things like this pop up. What the h*ll is going on in this world?!?!?! If she didn't want those babies, there are plenty of people down there that would have taken them in... my childhood bestfriend's mom, K, was a foster mom and she opened her arms and home day and night to kids of many races and culture that had parents that didn't want them or couldn't take care of them... and there are more like K down there in the CSRA, with big hearts and an open door, that would have gladly taken those children in.

Gah, this angers me... how dare this woman take it upon herself to think she has the right to end a child's life. May she rot...

Well, apparently, she had an argument with her boyfriend. The article at the link below illustrates how she went to Atlanta with the kids to visit the boyfriend a few days ago, and then ended up having a missing persons report filled for her on Tuesday of this week. Where had she been all week, and what was she doing? Drugs???

"Sandra Hawes says Michelle went to Atlanta to visit him with the two kids on Monday, returned Tuesday on a Greyhound bus with Jordan and Shakayla and wanted to go to Aiken, reportedly looking for her boyfriend again. Michelle's family says they last saw her at an Aiken KFC Tuesday. The family says they filed a missing person report on her Wednesday in Aiken. News 12 is still working to obtain this report. Sandra next saw Michelle Thursday, walking down Lumpkin Road with the children towards the store. Her aunt wanted to help her out and give them a ride, but couldn't because she was driving a school bus and feared loosing her job. "

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11961436.html

I found this part of the article interesting.

Quote:
Sandra Hawes, Michelle's aunt, told News 12 that Michelle had dreams of being a model and sometimes would tell friends and family she felt the children were holding her back.

Other customers inside the store say Hawes complained she was upset after a fight with her boyfriend. Sandra Hawes says the family knew she had a boyfriend, but they didn't know who he is.

Sandra Hawes says Michelle went to Atlanta to visit him with the two kids on Monday, returned Tuesday on a Greyhound bus with Jordan and Shakayla and wanted to go to Aiken, reportedly looking for her boyfriend again. Michelle's family says they last saw her at an Aiken KFC Tuesday.

imo

Well, she isn't ever going to be free again. We haven't seen any news items as to why she had gotten fired from her job at the post office have we?

Not that I am aware of but I wouldn't be surprised if she had become chronically absent due to her pursuing this boyfriend she seemed to be hunting down.

imoo

By Randy Key
Published: January 7, 2009
Updated: January 7, 2009

Augusta, GA—A verdict has been reached in the trial of an Augusta mother accused of stabbing her children to death in a gas station restroom.

Jeanette Michelle Hawes has been found Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity in the deaths of her 3-year-old daughter and her 1-year-old son.

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/crime...t_reached_in_jeanette_hawes_bench_trial/9904/

By Sandy Hodson
Staff Writer
Tuesday, Aug 4, 2009

An Augusta woman who was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the stabbing deaths of her two small children will remain in a mental institution for at least another year.

snip

Monday's hearing, which is called a 30-day hearing, was delayed until Ms. Hawes could be returned from the mental hospital in Savannah, Ga., Assistant Public Defender Debra Neumann said.

Ms. Neumann cited the most recent mental evaluation, which indicated that Ms. Hawes' mental health needs could be handled through outpatient care.

Assistant District Attorney Philip Catalano pointed to the section of the report that stated Ms. Hawes continues to lack insight into what happened and that she experiences negative thoughts when not medicated.

snip

Judge Overstreet said he was still concerned about her ability to care for herself and to consistently take her medication.

He declined to end her commitment.

By law, a judge has to annually review the case of anyone committed to a mental institution after a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity.

More at link:
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2009/08/04/met_543153.shtml

what else is new. there always crazy/high/not responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back