GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the murderer necessarily want the murders to be discovered so quickly though? The longer the timeframe from the murders to the point of discovery, the less authorities would be able to determine, ie date of death, etc. So why necessarily do it around a function you believe will bring people looking for them?
wellllll, look at the will.........no body, no death cert

GOtcha! I think we are totally on the same page in the majority of things.
But wasn't one of the sons known to call them daily or am I thinking of something else. So in my mind, the fact he didn't call would have been suspect.
Both parents in their 80's, living in a large 2 story home, and she wasn't terribly mobile. I'd like to think I would have called a neighbor or police if I hadn't spoken to them in 5 days.
But....maybe someone did? Didn't you say the son last spoke to his Dad on Thursday night?

Surely a few days one way or another wouldn't have mattered to the heirs?
youre being too litteral, I think the point is they needed to be found and discovered, no one was going to be that concerned or find them if they'd just missed a Bridge club game or golf game, but the Derby Party was BIG, it could have been weeks if they didnt have regular visitors

Good point Tennispro

But wasn't one of the sons known to call them daily or am I thinking of something else. So in my mind, the fact he didn't call would have been suspect.
Both parents in their 80's, living in a large 2 story home, and she wasn't terribly mobile. I'd like to think I would have called a neighbor or police if I hadn't spoken to them in 5 days.
But....maybe someone did? Didn't you say the son last spoke to his Dad on Thursday night?
Yes BD said he called everyday and last day he spoke to father was on Thursday....and That's what I always thought, odd no family were calling or even the daughter into horses who is a faithful Derby party goer, local or in KY, but was that Thursday the farewell call for BD, was easter weekend the daughters farewell?

Friday they were dead, or midnight into saturday.......cant call then they'd have to report it and have a welfare check done, or that would be a normal thing to do anyway......

Dont ever remember hearing the kids or family called, Friends called IIRC...

youre being too litteral, I think the point is they needed to be found and discovered, no one was going to be that concerned or find them if they'd just missed a Bridge club game or golf game, but the Derby Party was BIG, it could have been weeks if they didnt have regular visitors

Good point Tennispro

What about that grandchild - the child of the couple's deceased son - would that person have known she was included in the Will? Has anyone looked at her as a possibility?

Do we know for sure, the deceased son had a child? I was thinking one of the sons had a child from a previous marriage. Puzzled?

IMHO

Hey Lawdog! How have you been? Hope all is well

But yes, it does to me Lawdog, if right, as many believe. People just have to stop thinking everyone has a conscience, just because you or I do, doesnt matter the relationship apparenlty

Expert talking about the Chris Watts case said "you will never understand it" but people can be evil, many out there
I'm doing good dancing. Retired this year and enjoying it very much. You are hitting the nail on the head with the "people can be evil" statement.. I hope one day to have a better understanding of what happened to these poor souls. Hopefully the podcast will dig into this more, I believe it starts tomorrow. You take care.

Hey Everyone,

I'm closing this thread and starting you a new one,

Websleuths Presents Into the Case Podcast premiers tomorrow night.

This is very exciting. Our case for season 1 is the murder of Russell and Shirley Dermond.

What makes this exciting is this is the first podcast where members of Websleuths will be actively involved in helping Levi and me shake loose, hopefully, some clues in this very strange.

Levi and I will be in Eatonton for the first few days of February to ask people some questions and talk to the locals.

Check out the podcast thread RIGHT HERE

Standby for thread number 12

Continue discussion HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads