GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't profile the killer the same way. I feel this is was for financial gain ergo both had to go. Ie someone who would gain from their death couldn't wait long enough for them to die. That is what this crime screams to me, pure hatred, tired of waiting what was due them, in their mind. Paracide, to be exact.
I don't know how the thread got so to w ghosts and whatnot.

mmhmmm ! they were healthy, couldve' live to be 100!

OBE, you're obviously a very good thinker, but how would you explain Mrs. Dermond's corpse being found without "glaring" signs of trauma yet the coroner determined cause of death was blunt force trauma? Did the sheriff say either had been hit with a crowbar or was that conjecture?

Because the body was bloated and decomposing from being in the water so long. I'm wondering if the murders didn't happen right after Mr. Dermond returned from the Pharmacy on Thursday, if indeed he was captured on the camera there. That video hasn't been released.

"“I’m still interviewing friends” of the couple, Sills told The AJC. Many of them are afraid to talk. “There’s a lot of fear.”

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news...n-mystery-security-camera-wasnt-son-tells-ajc

Thanks. Just confirms what I was trying to say, albeit not very well. It was just a list of things that could have come to their mind. Certainly a decapitation is weird and your thoughts would go to the most gruesome reason. And I am sure I would consider a cult. I am not familiar with cult killings so has this played out to be a cult killing? I just don't know. And as I mentioned it was a reason in a list of reasons. I think the LE has ruled that out, have they or no? Who knows what can be ruled out since at this point there are still no motives or reasons mentioned. jmo

All i can say is...........someone wanted them dead...........that is all I can say

I am not aware that cults call up the family but I may be wrong. :floorlaugh:

No backlash here! :whip:

Anytime someone mentions "cult" or "devil-worship", it reminds me of Scott Peterson :puke: and how his lawyer was trying to deflect guilt away from his client. Pardon me while I :puke: again. To me, it's definitely trying to lead the investigation in a certain direction - clearly the opposite direction of whom the focus is obviously on said deflector. Only a CRACKPOT would make weird phone calls to someone whose parents were murdered and decapitated. It's so frustrating to me that these people never made one public plea for the safe return of their mother and put up no money for the reward leading to the the arrest or information of the person or persons who committed the crime. They didn't even attend the vigil.

If the killer really did call the family it would mean one thing to me, they indeed were inside the house and went through things to find family phone #'s, names and addresses. So I'm with you - this is FREAKING crazy! :shocked2::bud::lamb::sponge::bananalama::eek:verreaction::phone::hills:

I thought the son made a public plea from the get go. IIRC he was in Atlanta when he did this. I remember thinking I bet he is in Atlanta seeing his Parents' attorney. Also, do we know for certain who has put up the current $20,000 reward money?

Aha! Don't ask. Don't tell. In Georgia, if you specifically ask the realtor if a murder or suicide or other felony, they must answer as honestly as they can. So, as long as MSM doesn't report that the murders happened in the house, the realtor can honestly say no because no one really knows for sure.

Watched a recent episode of House Hunters. The woman commented about something looking like blood splatter on the wall and the realtor laughingly said don't focus on that and let's look at the rest of the house. The couple ended up buying the house with splatter on the wall.

There was a case in the news of a family who bought a house in California and then claimed it was haunted. Wanted out of the deal because they weren't told the house was haunted. Not sure how that sale ended.

Also watched an episode of Ghost Adventures and they were investigating Fox Hollow Farm formerly owned by serial killer Herbert Robert Baumeister. They specifically asked the current owners if they knew the history of Fox Hollow Farm and they said they were very well aware of the history and the former owner. The wife is a pathologist. Fox Hollow Farm - YouTube

This is interesting. . .

"Therefore, the Commission sought the advice of the Attorney General's office on the impact of the federal law on Georgia's "Stigmatized Property" law. The advice that it received indicates that there is a conflict between the law as it relates to diseases such as AIDS. If asked about such diseases as AIDS, a licensee "should respond by stating that he or she is unable to answer such an inquiry." Such a response is consistent with how licensees have traditionally responded to questions related to fair housing issues."

Thank you tomkat!

ha! INteresting point on the "murder scene being unknown"

don't know if that was planned or if they will end up lucky in being able to deny there was a murder IN THE HOUSE when it goes up for sale,

let's watch for the sale!

don't know if that was planned or if they will end up lucky in being able to deny there was a murder IN THE HOUSE when it goes up for sale,

How soon will it go on sale? 6 months, a year, or is there already a buyer making inquiries?

Because the body was bloated and decomposing from being in the water so long. I'm wondering if the murders didn't happen right after Mr. Dermond returned from the Pharmacy on Thursday, if indeed he was captured on the camera there. That video hasn't been released.

"“I’m still interviewing friends” of the couple, Sills told The AJC. Many of them are afraid to talk. “There’s a lot of fear.”

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news...n-mystery-security-camera-wasnt-son-tells-ajc

But Shirley did Friday's crossword, so it had to have happened after they received Friday newspaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of interesting. If you want to know if a murder was committed you have to ask!!!!! So I have to ask. How many people would even think to ask that question???

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...gia-disclosures-required-under-state-law.html

What a Georgia Seller Does Not Need to Disclose

Even though, as a Georgia seller, you generally must disclose known problems with the condition of your home, there are certain specific exceptions under the Georgia statutes. These relate to things that occurred in the home, not the home’s physical condition.

A Georgia seller does not need to inform a buyer if any diseased person ever lived in the home, or if a homicide, felony, suicide, or any other death occurred there (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16(a)(1)). Additionally, it is up to the buyer to investigate certain information about the neighborhood where the home is located. Georgia statutes specifically state that a seller is not required to inform the buyer if a registered sex offender lives in the area (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16 (b)). (However, to help the buyer, most form real estate contracts used in Georgia direct a buyer where to look online for information about the location of registered sex offenders.)

Even if the seller is not required to disclose an event on the property such as a murder, a seller still must answer any direct question from a buyer honestly (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16(a)(1)). So, if the buyer (who may very well do a Google search on your home's address) asks you whether your home was where the gang member was murdered last summer, you do need to answer honestly.

The only time you do not need to answer a buyer’s question completely and honestly is if it is a question relating to information protected under the Federal Fair Housing Act or Georgia’s fair housing laws (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16 (a)(2)).

The Federal Fair Housing Act (found at 42 United States Code, Sections 3601-3619 and 363), and the Georgia’s fair housing laws (found in the Georgia Official Code Annotated, Sections 8-3-200 through 8-3-223), protect people from housing discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, and handicap. If, for example, a buyer asks about the previous occupant’s religion, or whether a person with AIDS (considered a handicap under the Fair Housing Act) ever lived in the home, this is protected information you should not give out. You should instead reply that you are not legally allowed to answer.

I owe you a coke! :floorlaugh: You know I guess you have a sixth sense about such things you really wouldn't think to ask if there someone had been murdered in a house. I know I wouldn't. Come to think of it though, my BIL committed suicide in a house in Houston. Took forever for my SIL to sell that house. I think she practically had to give it away. I think the neighbors were pretty vociferous about the shot gun blast to potential buyers.

So, I guess when one is looking to purchase a home, the questions should be, "has anyone ever been found murdered in the house or on the property?"

But Shirley did Friday's crossword, so it had to have happened after they received Friday newspaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's true, or at least we think Shirley did Friday's crossword. What if it was the perp that did the crossword to throw off the investigation? I don't believe we're being told the whole truth and nothing but the truth... :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500