GA GA - Stephen Lankester-Cox, 38, Acworth, 18 Noveber 2004

Has anyone aproached Datline NBC, 48 Hours, or PrimeTime Crime about this case? Maybe just the thought that a NATIONAL news network was going to do a story on this case and the supposed LE involvement and cover up they would get a clue and tell what they know... Heck, even Nancy Grace, Geraldo, or Greta may be interested.

Funny you should mention this-AMW was all set to roll on this but they dropped it after fact checking with LE. TES was ready to roll with a search for Steve but they dropped it after their conversation with LE.

Part of the deal is whether or not you believe that someone on the fringes of the law and society is worth spending the money on when it comes to a disappearance like this. LE has done some tremendous work looking for Steve and Clyde. They care in their own way-I can attest to this and I believe it to a degree. They have been hamstrung by rumor, innuendo and accusations. Multiply that times 5 years and you get a quagmire. JMVHO.

So, how do we get this case to change direction and get some fence mending going that will lead to a resolution?? Christine2448 has a story to tell and when she posts it, see if you guys think we can use it as a springboard. She will likely post it later today or tonight-she participated in a search that came as the result of a tip called into one of the guys's moms....

:blowkiss:

Okie dokies artichokies...it has been a wild ride the last 48 hours.

48 hours ago we rec'd a tip, where Steven and Clydes bodies are supposedly located.

We met with family yesterday and searched the area along w/LE.

Kinda amazing, we got lost on the way, found a guy that worked for DOT at local gas station and he took us right to the tip location, he then called EMC (local electric co) who owns the property related to tip, EMC showed up...both guys, bless them, stayed for hours....we called LE, searched. We need more than just 'looking'..we requested dogs, sonar, ect.

Families of both boys will meet with detective assigned to case and search again tomorrow morning at 630 am.....please pray for all.

On another note, Denise Dillon from Fox5 interviewed me tonight and will come and meet with both moms tomorrow....On the Road to Remember will be here local and we pray we can get these cold cases back in the news!!!!!!!!!

imo, it's not him :(
Whatever happened with that search?

Funny you should mention this-AMW was all set to roll on this but they dropped it after fact checking with LE. TES was ready to roll with a search for Steve but they dropped it after their conversation with LE.

Part of the deal is whether or not you believe that someone on the fringes of the law and society is worth spending the money on when it comes to a disappearance like this. LE has done some tremendous work looking for Steve and Clyde. They care in their own way-I can attest to this and I believe it to a degree. They have been hamstrung by rumor, innuendo and accusations. Multiply that times 5 years and you get a quagmire. JMVHO.

I think that both things being dropped after talking to LE is a load of BS!!! WHAT IS LEs PROBLEM???? Do they want to continue to look like the Keystone Cops, inept and insincere in their duty to the public as a whole??? I really feel for this mother- she is being stonewalled at every turn in her quest to solve her son's disappearence BY THOSE ENTRUSTED TO SOLVE IT!!!! Where is Geraldo Rivera when you need him? If he is ballzy enough to draw maps in the sand in Iraq to a worldwide audience, I do believe he would have the cojones to directly confront LE and say "WHY DO YOU NOT WANT THIS SOLVED?", on national TV... Maybe that would light the fire under their bumpkas.

Its been 5 long years since this man disappeared. I just received an email from Sherron Steve's mom...she talks about Steve when he was young. It made me sad because my boy is a lovely, curly haired bright-eyed boy too and I would die if he disappeared presumed murdered.

A lot of mistakes have been made and there has been a lot of miscommunication and accusations. Both sides. I would hate to believe that at the end of the day your social status and being on the "right side of the law" 100% of the time is what is required to bring a bright eyed boy home to his mother who has been searching for his bones for so long.

Alot of people know something Georgia Girl... :(

Bumping for Stephen's mom Sherron. Please let her find some kind of closure in the coming year.

I wish so badly his mother could find her son's remains..... I have this feeling he is listed as a UID somewhere....

He has pins in his elbow that would be a good identifier. Also the tattoos.

http://www.pinterest.com/linda4cuecenter/on-the-road-to-remember-missing-persons-national-t/
“On The Road To Remember” Missing Persons National Tour 2013
It’s that time again when the CUE Center for Missing Persons begins their annual awareness campaign concerning missing person cases across the country.

Deborah Crawford & Stephen Lankester Cox Road Tour Stop and Candlelight Service Saturday Oct 5th, 2013 at 7:00 PM New Hope Baptist Church 3814 New Hope Church Road Acworth ,Georgia

It's 2018, why has Steve not been found yet? Sherron has not stopped looking. It's been almost 14 years. Someone knows something. Where is this man?!

UP10260 mentioned above was ID (name not released).

Stephen's ruleout list in Namus shows zero Georgia cases. Hopefully they all have DNA and are auto-ruleouts. Or perhaps LE just aren't updating his record.

His family's public FB page has periodic posts (Bring Home Stephen Lankester Cox).

He has also been mentioned in WS as a potential match to this case www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ga-jackson-co-whtmale-608umga-32-65-below-oconee-river-i-85-bridge-apr08.63977/page-2

@believe09 do you know if there is a consolidated list anywhere of those who have been ruled out as Stephen? Does the family keep a list and continue to submit cases to the police for checking?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back