GA - SueAnn Ray, 26, Pickens County, 26 August 2005

aussiegran said:
:furious: I thought his family had to be involved from the start when they wouldnt let a search be conducted on their property.

Me too. I never had a doubt. When people refuse to cooperate with LE, to me, it means that they are hiding something. Heck, the dogs went right to the parents property. I just can't imagine a family being willing to be a part of a murder in order to try and protect their child from the law. :behindbar

http://www.ledgernews.com/top%20stories.html

The father of murder suspect Quinton Ray was arrested and indicted Feb. 20 for allegedly concealing the death of his daughter-in-law whose body was unearthed in northeast Cherokee Feb. 8, said Pickens County District Attorney Joe Hendricks Jr.

A special-called Pickens County Grand Jury indicted Harold Danny Ray, 54, (right) on charges of concealing a death of another, hindering the apprehension and punishment of a criminal and tampering with evidence.

Danny Jenkins, of Augusta, father of victim Sue Ann Ray, suspects there may be more people involved in concealing the body.

“I’m just glad that they did the right thing,” Jenkins said. “I think there should probably be some more arrests. Everybody that had something to do with her death, concealing it and (had) the knowledge of should be arrested.”.... more at link

The father of murder suspect Quinton Ray is out on a $60,000 bond strapped with a satellite-tracking device following a Feb. 22 decision by Pickens County Superior Court Judge Brenda Weaver.
Harold Danny Ray,known primarily as Danny Ray, left the Pickens County jail Feb. 23, said Major Allen Wigington of the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office.

Weaver ordered Danny Ray must waive his Fourth Amendment rights, is prohibited from using drugs or alcohol and must submit to random drug and alcohol screenings and is prohibited from having a firearm. Weaver also ordered Danny Ray to stay away from victim Sue Ann Ray’s family, including her 6-year-old daughter, Charity. He must also stay in Pickens, Cobb or Cherokee County unless otherwise permitted by the court. Weaver also ordered Danny Ray to pay for his tracking device.

Danny Ray was indicted Feb. 20 for allegedly helping his son cover up the murder of Sue Ann Ray, Quinton Ray’s estranged wife, and helping his son ditch Sue Ann Ray’s minivan at a Wal-Mart in Canton, according to the indictment.

Canton attorney David Cannon Sr. is representing Danny Ray. Cannon previously represented the younger Ray.
Quinton Ray, 27, has not asked for bond yet and remains in the Pickens County jail. He was indicted Feb. 20 on malice murder, felony murder, kidnapping with bodily injury, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence, according to the indictment.

Quinton Ray’s public defender, Jasper attorney Richard Thurman, asked the court for a gag order in the case citing he feels his client would have a hard time getting a fair trial due to the media attention it has received, according to statements made in court. Weaver denied the order instead asking the attorneys in the case to abide by the professional code of conduct and to not make any prejudicial statements about the case.

“I will not go any further at this point,” Weaver told the attorneys.

Quinton Ray was arrested just an hour after his estranged wife’s body was found Feb. 8 in a shallow grave off Cherokee Gold Trail near Reavis Mountain Road.

The victim was last seen Aug. 26 after visiting her estranged husband’s service garage in Jasper. Police say she was there to get some work done on her vehicle and to pick up her then 5-year-old child.

Her minivan was found three days later, Aug. 29, in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart shopping center on Riverstone Parkway backed into a parking space and clean—something her family said is not typical of the Cherokee High School graduate.

The discovery of her body was the result of an almost six-month-long investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The Woodstock Police Department originally investigated the case but after the demand exceeded their manpower, Woodstock detectives turned the case over to the GBI last September.
http://www.ledgernews.com/weeklynews.html
:furious: I hope he gets a long sentence when he gets to court.

aussiegran said:
The father of murder suspect Quinton Ray is out on a $60,000 bond strapped with a satellite-tracking device following a Feb. 22 decision by Pickens County Superior Court Judge Brenda Weaver.
Harold Danny Ray,known primarily as Danny Ray, left the Pickens County jail Feb. 23, said Major Allen Wigington of the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office.

Weaver ordered Danny Ray must waive his Fourth Amendment rights, is prohibited from using drugs or alcohol and must submit to random drug and alcohol screenings and is prohibited from having a firearm. Weaver also ordered Danny Ray to stay away from victim Sue Ann Ray’s family, including her 6-year-old daughter, Charity. He must also stay in Pickens, Cobb or Cherokee County unless otherwise permitted by the court. Weaver also ordered Danny Ray to pay for his tracking device.

Danny Ray was indicted Feb. 20 for allegedly helping his son cover up the murder of Sue Ann Ray, Quinton Ray’s estranged wife, and helping his son ditch Sue Ann Ray’s minivan at a Wal-Mart in Canton, according to the indictment.

Canton attorney David Cannon Sr. is representing Danny Ray. Cannon previously represented the younger Ray.
Quinton Ray, 27, has not asked for bond yet and remains in the Pickens County jail. He was indicted Feb. 20 on malice murder, felony murder, kidnapping with bodily injury, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence, according to the indictment.

Quinton Ray’s public defender, Jasper attorney Richard Thurman, asked the court for a gag order in the case citing he feels his client would have a hard time getting a fair trial due to the media attention it has received, according to statements made in court. Weaver denied the order instead asking the attorneys in the case to abide by the professional code of conduct and to not make any prejudicial statements about the case.

“I will not go any further at this point,” Weaver told the attorneys.

Quinton Ray was arrested just an hour after his estranged wife’s body was found Feb. 8 in a shallow grave off Cherokee Gold Trail near Reavis Mountain Road.

The victim was last seen Aug. 26 after visiting her estranged husband’s service garage in Jasper. Police say she was there to get some work done on her vehicle and to pick up her then 5-year-old child.

Her minivan was found three days later, Aug. 29, in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart shopping center on Riverstone Parkway backed into a parking space and clean—something her family said is not typical of the Cherokee High School graduate.

The discovery of her body was the result of an almost six-month-long investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The Woodstock Police Department originally investigated the case but after the demand exceeded their manpower, Woodstock detectives turned the case over to the GBI last September.
http://www.ledgernews.com/weeklynews.html
:furious: I hope he gets a long sentence when he gets to court.

I hope he gets a long sentence too....like LWOP. I'm also glad that the judge didn't go along with the gag order...only because the judge is showing Quinten Ray that he is not in control anymore :clap:

Speaking of GA, what about a case about a year ago. I only saw it once on Greta's show that I recall...maybe twice. I think she worked at a beauty parlor and came up missing. I can't remember much but does it ring a bell with anyone so maybe there is a thread here since I don't have a name?

They may have found her but I don't recall ever hearing.

Thanks for info!

I think you're thinking of Patrice Endres. She was abducted from the beauty shop she owned. Her body was eventually found behind a church. Convicted serial killer Jeffrey Jones supposedly confessed to Patrice's murder and then later took his confession back.

Not sure where to put this....

Defendant has a new attorney specializing in death penalty cases

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:09 AM EDT
E-mail this story | Printable Version

By Angela M. Jones

Cherokee Tribune Staff Writer

The estranged husband of murdered Woodstock mom Sueann Ray on Wednesday made his first appearance in court since learning he would face the death penalty if convicted.

Quinton Ray, 27, of Jasper appeared in Pickens County Superior Court represented by a new attorney, Douglas Ramseur of the Georgia Capital Defender's Office in Atlanta. Ramseur, who has more than 10 years of experience trying capital cases, is replacing the public defender who was representing Ray.

Wearing an orange-and-white prison jumpsuit, handcuffed and shackled, Ray respectfully answered "Yes, ma'am," and "No, ma'am," when Judge Brenda Weaver asked if he was satisfied with his attorney's representation of him, and if he had any questions about the unified appeal process.

Ray was indicted Feb. 20 and charged with the murder of his estranged 26-year-old wife, Ms. Ray, who was last seen Aug. 26, when she went to his home.

She was reported missing by her family three days later and that night her Ford Windstar minivan was found abandoned in the Canton Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot.

GBI agents discovered Ms. Ray's body Feb. 8 in a shallow grave just of Cherokee Gold Trail in northern Cherokee County shortly after 8 a.m. near the home of Ray's parents.

Ray was arrested an hour later and charged with her murder. He also faces charges of kidnapping, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence.
http://www.cherokeetribune.com/306/10215388.txt:loser:

This irks me Why wouldn't he get life and why wouldn't he get death penalty. I guess it is ok to kill someone if your willing to do the time.

The husband of a Woodstock woman found dead last year pleaded guilty to her murder Tuesday.

Quinton Ray, 28, of Jasper, will serve two consecutive life sentences in the murder and kidnapping of his wife, Sueann Ray. He will eligible for parole in 20 years.

In addition, Ray's father, Harold Danny Ray, pleaded guilty to hindering the apprehension of a felon. Charges of concealing his daughter-in-law's death and tampering with evidence were dismissed as part of the settlement.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2007/05/22/0522ray.html

The husband of a Woodstock woman found dead last year pleaded guilty to her murder Tuesday.

Quinton Ray, 28, of Jasper, will serve two consecutive life sentences in the murder and kidnapping of his wife, Sueann Ray. He will eligible for parole in 20 years.

In addition, Ray's father, Harold Danny Ray, pleaded guilty to hindering the apprehension of a felon. Charges of concealing his daughter-in-law's death and tampering with evidence were dismissed as part of the settlement.

I hope in 20 years some of SueAnn's family are still around and will attend those parole hearings. Boy, I would be at everyone of them and beg those officials not to let him out. So how the heck long is a life sentence there...10 years? He doesn't get to serve both sentences at the same time so I am assuming that it is 10 yrs each. Twenty years is not near enough for murding the mother of your child and for murdering your ex just because she didn't want to be married to you anymore or whatever his reasoning was...control freak.

Why did they dismiss those charges on the dad. He did all of those things so he should have to serve time for doing them....DAM the Pros...Defense attorney and the Judge that agreed.

Murder suspect pleads guilty
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:07 AM EDT
E-mail this story | Printable Version
10259541.jpg

By Ashley Fuller

Cherokee Tribune Staff Writer

The trial for the murder of Sueann Ray of Woodstock has ended with guilty pleas from her estranged husband and father-in-law.

Quinton Ray, 28, of Jasper pled guilty Tuesday to malice murder and kidnapping for strangling his wife to death in August 2005, which he claimed he had to do because she "wanted his money."

He could have faced the death penalty if found guilty at trial, but instead was sentenced to two consecutive life terms by Pickens County Superior Court Judge Brenda Weaver. He will be eligible for parole in 20 years.

Ray's father, Harold Daniel Ray, accused of helping cover up the murder, also pleaded guilty Tuesday. He was sentenced on the charge of hindering the apprehension of a criminal to five years probation and 132 hours of community service.

Sandy Chasm, Sueann's sister, said it was not the outcome the family wanted, but is glad Quinton Ray will be in prison, likely for the rest of his life.

"It is not the justice we wanted, but it is justice," she said.

When given the opportunity to speak in court Tuesday, Ray, who was wearing a prison uniform and showed no emotion, said nothing.

Family members of both the victim and defendants filled several rows in the courtroom, but remained quiet during the hearing and also declined the opportunity to speak as part of the proceedings.

Ms. Ray, 26, was reported missing by her family in August 2005, a few days after she went to Quinton Ray's home in Jasper. He said the visit was so he could repair her minivan, but Ms. Ray's family said it was due to a custody dispute over their daughter.

Her minivan was found abandoned in the Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot in Canton on Aug. 29, 2005, hours after she was reported missing. GBI agents discovered Ms. Ray's body in February 2006 in a shallow grave in northern Cherokee County, near the home of Quinton Ray's parents. An hour after her body was found, Quinton Ray was arrested and charged with her murder.

He was indicted by a grand jury last year on charges of malice and felony murder, kidnapping, concealing the death of another and tampering with evidence.

Harold Danny Ray also was arrested in February 2006 on charges of concealing the death of another, hindering the apprehension of a criminal and tampering with evidence.

During Tuesday's hearing, Pickens County District Attorney Joe Hendricks read the transcript of a February 2006 conversation Quinton Ray had with two acquaintances, who were working as GBI informants.

During the conservation on their way back from Cowboys in Kennesaw, Ray told the informants he had been planning the crime for months because Ms. Ray was having and affair with another man, Jeff Wilson.

Quinton Ray said he dug the grave for his estranged wife and spent the next five months exercising so he would be strong enough to carry her to it.

When Ms. Ray came to his house that August night, he grabbed her by the throat and choked her to death. It took 90 seconds to killer her, Quinton Ray said during the conversation. An autopsy report determined she died from asphyxiation.

After Quinton Ray killed his estranged wife and drove her minivan to the Wal-Mart, Harold Danny Ray picked his son up from the store.

Ray told the informants he also wanted to kill Wilson and Ms. Ray's father, Danny Jenkins.

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/articles/2007/05/23/306/10259541.txt

Quinton Ray said he dug the grave for his estranged wife and spent the next five months exercising so he would be strong enough to carry her to it.

:furious: Life in prison is too good for this !!! And only 5 years probation for Harold Danny Ray for helping his son kill his wife, the mother of his grandchild?!! Outrageous!!! He should not be allowed to breathe the same air as the rest of us!! I work in the Wal-Mart Shopping center where her van was found and everyday when I look out my office window I see the cross in her memory......

:furious: Life in prison is too good for this !!! And only 5 years probation for Harold Danny Ray for helping his son kill his wife, the mother of his grandchild?!! Outrageous!!! He should not be allowed to breathe the same air as the rest of us!! I work in the Wal-Mart Shopping center where her van was found and everyday when I look out my office window I see the cross in her memory......

I agree georgiagirl. This was more than premeditated it was conspiratorial and involved more than one person. I know they (prosecutors) wanted detail but the Ray's wanted Wilson and SueAnn's dad gone too. How long would that have taken to accomplish if they we allowed to be free? I think Cherokee County was lazy in this case.

I agree georgiagirl. This was more than premeditated it was conspiratorial and involved more than one person. I know they (prosecutors) wanted detail but the Ray's wanted Wilson and SueAnn's dad gone too. How long would that have taken to accomplish if they we allowed to be free? I think Cherokee County was lazy in this case.

I agree about CC being lazy! How heart wrenching to know that little Charity will grow up knowing her daddy and grandpa did this to her mother......Earthly justice just isn't enough.

Gee, I guess he gave this long and hard planning. He will get his, one day these "people" will stand before GOD and get theirs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back