GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to play his wife like a fiddle because without her he doesn't stand a chance of getting off.

yes ma'am

Hours before the toddler, Cooper Mills Harris, was pronounced dead, he and his father stopped at Chick-fil-A for breakfast, according to an arrest warrant obtained Wednesday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The father then put his son back in a rear-facing car seat in the middle of the backseat and drove to work, less than a mile away, the warrant states.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/cops-cobb-toddlers-death-investigation-continues-t/ngRfn/

Less than a mile...three and a half minutes.

Right there in the middle, a two year old that just ate and thought he was off to daycare...

And he "forgot"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is going to play his wife like a fiddle because without her he doesn't stand a chance of getting off.

Those coming phone calls to his wife & family should prove interesting... Nice to know they will all be recorded.

The same as the rest of the quotes others have cited, imo. They're obviously extremely religious of a particular type. I think she means it's his job to be there delivering the eulogy as the leader of the family and he can't so she's doing it for him. jmo

BBM

This means that Cooper was very verbal during car rides. If he talked out loud to the passing cars, why didn't Dad remember he was there?

Just to play devils advocate - just because he was verbal and talked of cars in the car at times doesn't mean he was chatting it up at 9am. We also don't know if Ross was letting him finish up breakfast in the car or if Cooper was drinking a sippy cup. He could have gone in to order because the darn drive through lines are always so long in the morning lol

I hope someone, anyone close to her is looking at this guy with a more skeptical eye than she might be capable of presently.

Just to play devils advocate - just because he was verbal and talked of cars in the car at times doesn't mean he was chatting it up at 9am. We also don't know if Ross was letting him finish up breakfast in the car or if Cooper was drinking a sippy cup. He could have gone in to order because the darn drive through lines are always so long in the morning lol

They went in.

My heart goes out to this mom. Her world as she knew it is gone forever - nothing will ever be the same for her again. She has lost her child and her husband. It's too much to process in this short time. I cannot blame her for trying to hold on to her husband and her desire to see him as innocent of this horrific crime. She is a victim and needs to grieve the loss of her child and her family and process the unbelievable.
I believe this was premeditated and I hope this man remains locked up for the rest of his life. But this poor mother goes home alone to an empty home.
JMO, MOO, IMO

Yikes A lot has been posted in the last 12 hours. Going to catch up just wanted to ask of anything new has been released or if there are any updates?

I'm w/you. So many pages! I'd like to just make a comment/statement.

Like, didn't he even chk his rear view mirror while driving. At all. On his way to work?????
Geez. you gotta see your child in the back seat, right? imo

Since the ride to work was so short I doubt that Copper had enough time to doze off. I had this horrifying vision from Cooper's point of view:
Daddy got out of the car and just walked away leaving me here. Where did he go? My heart is breaking. I'm hot. Where is Daddy?
I want my Mommy!!! I've cried so much that now I have thrown up all over myself. I'm thirsty. What did I do wrong? I'm scared. They always come when I cry. Where are they??? I'm really tired but I don't want to sleep. I don't want to miss Daddy when he comes to get me. I'll be a good boy. Come back Daddy. Can I fave a drink?? Daddy???

They went in.

Yes I know I was suggesting a reason why they might have gone in was all. I'm sure they sat and ate there but Chicfila normally has a huge play area and my child flips out if we eat inside and she doesn't get to play afterward. At 2 it could have been the same so they could have even eaten in the car. Prob not just saying

I agree, the trip inside may have been because the drive thru line was to daunting, but if Cooper was eating or drinking in the car I would think dad would be even more alert to Cooper being right there behind and to his right. I would think he would be worried about spilling, mess, heaven forbid - choking. So whether Cooper was awake and quiet, awake and eating. No matter the circumstances I just really cannot see him completely forgetting him in that three minute drive to the office.

Plus isn't the onsite daycare at the corporate office and dad worked in the Treehouse (satellite) offices? Aren't they each in opposite directions from the Chick Fil-A?

IF so then in order to forget to take Cooper to daycare he had to forget him as he was pulling out of the restaurant and not on the drive on the way, he would be heading the wrong direction almost immediately on leaving the premise?

Well I have to point out the media are kinda a-holes
In that none took the time to relay exactly what she said about Cooper. They glazed right on over it. One article posted up thread said something like after taking about Cooper and his life she went on to say etc etc about Ross. I'm sure the boy was a large part of this service and I doubt a grieving mother held a public service for the media's sake. Aren't most funerals public? Invitations aren't exactly sent out right?

Correct. Funerals tend to be public, burials are often private, and no one is "invited".

My heart is so incredibly heavy for LH. This is truly her darkest hour, and her abiding faith is bearing her up under unbelievably trying circumstances for her.

Prayers that she can feel the support and love from those who fully empathize with her - and it sounds like the church was filled with those today. And those who loved sweet little Cooper, and love Ross and are praying for God's hand in this nightmare.

Since the ride to work was so short I doubt that Copper had enough time to doze off. I had this horrifying vision from Cooper's point of view:
Daddy got out of the car and just walked away leaving me here. Where did he go? My heart is breaking. I'm hot. Where is Daddy?
I want my Mommy!!! I've cried so much that now I have thrown up all over myself. I'm thirsty. What did I do wrong? I'm scared. They always come when I cry. Where are they??? I'm really tired but I don't want to sleep. I don't want to miss Daddy when he comes to get me. I'll be a good boy. Come back Daddy. Can I fave a drink?? Daddy???

I seriously doubt it crossed Cooper's mind he was being cooked to death as a punishment.

Other than that, yes, that's what he was thinking. How incredibly haunting is THAT for his parents to know? He was undoubtedly crying out for them.

I'm scared to even read comments on the articles released. The poor mother is probably being crucified over her statements

I'm scared to even read comments on the articles released. The poor mother is probably being crucified over her statements

It couldn't be worse than what's being said here. Where is Salem?

I don't know how to email her, just how to flag posts and there isn't one specific post that's worse than the others, it's just a whole discussion of blaming the victim.

Sad and not appropriate for this forum.

Yes I know I was suggesting a reason why they might have gone in was all. I'm sure they sat and ate there but Chicfila normally has a huge play area and my child flips out if we eat inside and she doesn't get to play afterward. At 2 it could have been the same so they could have even eaten in the car. Prob not just saying

I miss when my girls were young. Can't wait to be a grandma.

I won't even read the stories yet. I always end up feeling that watching the coverage of funerals and memorials as it is happening or during the hours afterward is me being intrusive. I usually need a few days to gain some distance before I can read that coverage and I will avoid the comments even then. I cringe at the thought. That is just me. But every case, I end up not being able to participate in discussing til some time has passed, if ever.

It couldn't be worse than what's being said here. Where is Salem?

I don't know how to email her, just how to flag posts and there isn't one specific post that's worse than the others, it's just a whole discussion of blaming the victim.

Sad and not appropriate for this forum.

I haven't seen anyone "sleuthing" Mom and I thought that was what the prohibited action was? I think we can still have thoughts about her statements at the funeral. Nobody is blaming her, that I have seen.

Yeah me thinks so too. Ross didn't do this on his own. No way.

Omgosh, what??? You have my attention now!
First ,I thought maybe him and the wife were fighting and
this was his revenge----but idk now? imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members