GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT you have not recently had fears or premonitions about leaving a child in a hot car.... I am saying that IF that were true - how could the trigger of feeling hot air not produce that feeling which would lead him to at least glance at the car seat?

So are you saying that the new information that he googled "how long it takes a child to die in a hot car" - and you still can't make up your mind one way or the other?

That's not really new information to me. We all heard that he did a search along those lines. For me, it was just a question of whether it would be confirmed and what the timing would be. I've assumed it would likely be true, so I've been "processing" all along as though it would be. What's new for me is that he offered it and claims that it was directly related to his child rather than an animal or some unrelated curiosity on his part (like maybe another recent hot car case).

I'm thinking what would I do if I killed my kid and had searched on the internet about how to do it and LE was interrogating me. The answer is, I'd probably tell them about the search to try and make it seem like I'm not trying to hide something, knowing they'll find it anyway. But if I ask what I'd do under the same circumstances where I searched because I was concerned about it happening, I'd do the same but because it was true. Sooo....

For me, I think it's going to have to be ALL of the facts surrounding the event confirmed. If it turns out there actually was a terrible smell and/or prior abuse and/or marital problems and/or something with the day care calling and/or something on the video about the lunch time visit to the car, it'll be much easier for me to say, yeah, death penalty.

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/atlanta/historic

y2aby7y2.jpg

Answering myself...
During the two week period
from June 13- June 28, 2014

JUNE 18 was the hottest day on record.

This is a damning piece of evidence.

Brilliant!

You should put that in the media thread too! That's HUGE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was not premeditated, what a coincidence that June 18 and 19 were the hottest two days in a pretty long spell of weather in Alta, GA per http://weather-history.findthebest.com/d/a/Atlanta,-GA

In conjunction with the internet search, this was either planned or Harris has the worst luck in the world. I would be interested in how closely his history showed him following the weather forecast.

Temperatures in Atlanta, GA from above weather archives, 2014:

June 10 - 89.1
June 11 - 81
June 12 - 82
June 13 - 82
June 14 - 86
June 15 - 89.1
June 16 - 90
June 17 - 91
June 18 - 93
June 19 - 93
June 20 - 91.9
June 21 - 89.1
June 22 - 90
June 23 - 87.1
June 24 - 84.9
June 25 - 86

Sorry Gngr! This took me a while on my cell and found you'd already posted it by the time I was done!

Yes they do. Did you read Kids and Cars link? Adding an extra stop is one of the two most problematic situations.

As hard as it is to believe, going to Chick Fil A instead of going straight to work is problematic, as far as forgetting your baby is concerned.

How do we know this was an extra stop. Has it been determined he didn't stop at CFA EVERY morning to get breakfast? I have heard nor read anything that suggests this was an extra stop. Just wondering.

This is a damning piece of evidence.

Brilliant!

You should put that in the media thread too! That's HUGE!

Yeah but why didn't he wait until early August? It will be hotter then. Why the rush?

You miss the point. The police are saying it is not true.

""You wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE on Thursday. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father, Justin Ross Harris, did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car. "

http://www.people.com/article/toddl...s-georgia-murder-police-respond-false-reports

So now we know!! THIS STUFF comes from reputable reporters who have 20 years of building sources - and those sources have direct knowledge of this case!

"Search warrants released Saturday by Cobb County Police Department say Harris told police that he researched what temperature can cause a child's death in a car."

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/georgia/warrant-man-did-web-search-on-kids-dying-in-cars/ngT3g/

Did he call 911?
Any calls released yet?

I am curious if ANYONE called 911. Reports seem to be that officers on normal patrol in the area saw some ruckus at the strip mall where the pizza joint was located and where Harris pulled yelling something about choking and "what have I done" he apparently also yelled for help and for someone to call 911 but I don't think any call was ever made because the beat cops arrived before that action was even taken.

MOO if there were any 911 calls from Harris or bystanders out there we would have heard them by now.

Let's make a list.

Overwhelming smell

Recent Internet searches for time and temperatures

Claimed to hear Choking

Visited car at lunch time

Hottest day on record this summer

Didn't call 911 *

Excited utterance " what have I done?" "I've killed my child"

After buckling the child back in the car at CF, he claims to have forgotten all about him in less than 4 minutes.

Yeah but why didn't he wait until early August? It will be hotter then. Why the rush?

His researched showed 90+ degrees was sufficient ?

I am curious if ANYONE called 911. Reports seem to be that officers on normal patrol in the area saw some ruckus at the strip mall where the pizza joint was located and where Harris pulled yelling something about choking and "what have I done" he apparently also yelled for help and for someone to call 911 but I don't think any call was ever made because the beat cops arrived before that action was even taken.

MOO if there were any 911 calls from Harris or bystanders out there we would have heard them by now.

Yeah, he yelled for people to call 911 after he leaves his dead child sitting, for a stranger to do CPR...to make his own calls. No 911 from the dad.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I read somewhere that Ross called his wife and was saying "Our son is dead". The witness who conveyed this said he was yelling a bit and it seemed to be a confusing phone conversation.

I'd imagine that if the mom was supposed to pick Cooper up from daycare, she could have been completely confused.

I also still wonder why she never showed up on the scene since they life just a couple of miles away. Maybe she never knew exactly where they were though.

So now we know!! THIS STUFF comes from reputable reporters who have 20 years of building sources - and those sources have direct knowledge of this case!

"Search warrants released Saturday by Cobb County Police Department say Harris told police that he researched what temperature can cause a child's death in a car."

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/georgia/warrant-man-did-web-search-on-kids-dying-in-cars/ngT3g/

What? You don't say? A seasoned reported wouldn't risk his solid career, for a leak that doesn't actually exist. Flummoxed, I am.

If this was not premeditated, what a coincidence that June 18 and 19 were the hottest two days in a pretty long spell of weather in Alta, GA per http://weather-history.findthebest.com/d/a/Atlanta,-GA

In conjunction with the internet search, this was either planned or Harris has the worst luck in the world. I would be interested in how closely his history showed him following the weather forecast.

Temperatures in Atlanta, GA from above weather archives, 2014:

June 10 - 89.1
June 11 - 81
June 12 - 82
June 13 - 82
June 14 - 86
June 15 - 89.1
June 16 - 90
June 17 - 91
June 18 - 93
June 19 - 93
June 20 - 91.9
June 21 - 89.1
June 22 - 90
June 23 - 87.1
June 24 - 84.9
June 25 - 86

Sorry Gngr! This took me a while on my cell and found you'd already posted it by the time I was done!
No problem!
It just backs it up that theory even more.

The coldest way to die from hyperthermia -
Premeditated murder.
moo

Yeah, he yelled for people to call 911 after he leaves his dead child sitting, for a stranger to do CPR...to make his own calls. No 911 from the dad.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'll add that to list.

And if I recall...he visited the car at lunch to "place an object on the passenger seat".

Seriously who does that? Who goes out to their car in the middle of a hot day to put something inside of the car especially when they are AT WORK! Not shopping at a mall and have too many packages...but a normal day AT WORK!

That's not really new information to me. We all heard that he did a search along those lines. For me, it was just a question of whether it would be confirmed and what the timing would be. I've assumed it would likely be true, so I've been "processing" all along as though it would be. What's new for me is that he offered it and claims that it was directly related to his child rather than an animal or some unrelated curiosity on his part (like maybe another recent hot car case).

I'm thinking what would I do if I killed my kid and had searched on the internet about how to do it and LE was interrogating me. The answer is, I'd probably tell them about the search to try and make it seem like I'm not trying to hide something, knowing they'll find it anyway. But if I ask what I'd do under the same circumstances where I searched because I was concerned about it happening, I'd do the same but because it was true. Sooo....

For me, I think it's going to have to be ALL of the facts surrounding the event confirmed. If it turns out there actually was a terrible smell and/or prior abuse and/or marital problems and/or something with the day care calling and/or something on the video about the lunch time visit to the car, it'll be much easier for me to say, yeah, death penalty.

I'd also like to know if the searches about hot car deaths were on both his work and home computers.

I've been wondering that, too. At the press conference, Bowman said "officers were on routine patrols" but then I've seen something recently (last night or this morning) about "responding to a man down call". I guess he could gave meant they were on routine patrols until they were called for this incident.

Let's make a list.

Overwhelming smell

Recent Internet searches for time and temperatures

Claimed to hear Choking

Hottest day on record this summer

Didn't call 911 *

His excited utterance
"What have I done?"
"I've killed our child!"

I'm shocked a bystander didn't whip out their phone and start recording!
I've seen people pull over on a highway to do it after a horrible accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member