GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...to me, this is very telling. "Selfish" as in...your dad was "selfish?" Was that a jab at her husband? (I know she also said she's not angry at him, and he was a great daddy...maybe it was a passive aggressive statement?)
I think mom is mad at the "world" and probably the hot sun and car, but not her husband for killing her baby?
Sorry, I can't support or empathize with someone like that. And I DO have a heart. I have a heart for Cooper, the sweet, defenseless baby that roasted to death in a car because of his father.

Huh...to me, this is very telling. "Selfish" as in...your dad was "selfish?" Was that a jab at her husband? (I know she also said she's not angry at him, and he was a great daddy...maybe it was a passive aggressive statement?)

I'm wondering if it is misplaced anger towards the media

I've just reread some of his reddit comments.

I don't like the guy, but to be fair, he refers to his employer as a Fortune 50 (not 500) company in several posts.

He supported an all female referee crew for a college football game back in 2013, so I don't think he necessarily believes that women are inferior to men.

He supported it in a macho hubba hubba way, not a support for equality way. JMO.

Meant to add - If you use the Alien Blue mobile reddit reader you can divide his stuff into comments vs. posts.

I laughed over one thread he started - complaining about his package taking four days via USPS and what good are they. Several called him out on it, ie, "oh, I have a bad experience, better shut the whole thing down!" Or "so immediately you go complain to the internet". Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You saw him looking for reliable daycare, right?... on reddit?

He supported it in a macho hubba hubba way, not a support for equality way. JMO.

In his one comment about it, he simply said that he's an official and he supports it (female referees). I didn't interpret it as a macho comment.

In his one comment about it, he simply said that he's an official and he supports it (female referees). I didn't interpret it as a macho comment.

I respect that it's your opinion. Agree to disagree.

Omg, no... Did he??

Seriously, that's as bad as looking on craigslist, or worse. I still check reddit daily, but have only a VERY small number of subreddits I subscribe to, because there is just such a big population of simply GROSS people there just on the defaults subreddits alone (never mind the grosser, lesser populated ones). :scared:

Oh my - did he really? I must have missed that thread. I gave up reading his comments after about 8 or 9 pages, because most of them were so boring.

Oh my - did he really? I must have missed that thread. I gave up reading his comments after about 8 or 9 pages, because most of them were so boring.

Under regular reddit look under submitted and it is there on the first page

Still bothers me than these reporters appear to have sat through most of this little boys funeral for a scoop and are largely only reporting what was said as it pertains to Ross, family support and mom's random statements. You think they would take a moment to report some of the things the speakers said to remember this little soul. I also don't like chopped up quotes. Has anyone reported the mothers statements as a whole! I would love to read
It. Its hard to imagine what came before and followed the selfish world statement.

He discusses here an accident with a bottle rocket that left him deaf in right ear:

Oops, sorry ... looks like reddit is not allowed so I have removed link.

Frankly, I don't think he's anywhere near that bright.

Brilliant post, just think you're giving him too much credit.

All IMO

I am wondering if the window tinting did delay the toddler's demise because, just from my own experience, tinted windows can make a huge difference in how much cooler a car's interior feels.

Ditto. I sorted them recent ones first... Started snoring.. from boredom

He discusses here an accident with a bottle rocket that left him deaf in right ear:

Oops, sorry ... looks like reddit is not allowed so I have removed link.

doesn't say at what age?

Still bothers me than these reporters appear to have sat through most of this little boys funeral for a scoop and are largely only reporting what was said as it pertains to Ross, family support and mom's random statements. You think they would take a moment to report some of the things the speakers said to remember this little soul. I also don't like chopped up quotes. Has anyone reported the mothers statements as a whole! I would love to read
It. Its hard to imagine what came before and followed the selfish world statement.

They are reporters, it's what they do. The family allowed them there. They had to have known the would report. I am far more bothered that the family made not only the obituary, but the service about the man in jail. If the family doesn't care to give the boy his moment, I certainly don't expect reportes to do so.

I am not as interested in what various speakers had to say about little Cooper. I am much more interested in what his parents had to say. So I think the reporters focused more on that.

I agree that Mom is in the depths of grief and is not thinking clearly. But I still find it very off putting that she spoke of having another baby with her jailed husband, while their child was laying in his little red casket. I think that was so weird and insensitive. jmo

Ditto. I sorted them recent ones first... Started snoring.. from boredom

He's just so annoying, seems so full of himself. "As an official", "as a former LEO" (paraphrasing that one - forget what he called himself but it wasn't "dispatcher"!), "I used to be in radio", "I used to do this", "I do web development for a fortune 50 comoany".. :rolleyes:

I am not as interested in what various speakers had to say about little Cooper. I am much more interested in what his parents had to say. So I think the reporters focused more on that.

I agree that Mom is in the depths of grief and is not thinking clearly. But I still find it very off putting that she spoke of having another baby with her jailed husband, while their child was laying in his little red casket. I think that was so weird and insensitive. jmo

I was weirded out by the "selfish world", her calling him a "leader" (of what?! Who?!) and the "I'm doing this for you".

I'm curious now in what kind of church they go to, if it's one of the uber patriarchal types.

Let's say this was just a horrible, tragic accident, with no malice involved, Even then, it would be inappropriate, imo, to have the jailed killer call the church while the funeral was in session, and sob into the speakers. What is the point of that? Mom could have just read a nice loving note from dad and expressed his remorse and his undying love.

But having her follow behind the casket, with her cell up to her ear, and publicly discussing future children with him, before Coop was even buried, is just bad taste, imo. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe