GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I again recommend this article which quotes 3 eye witnesses. They ALL AGREE that he was not acting normally - for a distraught parent - So given the fact that LE handcuffed him and warned him of his language and these 3 witnesses thought something was up.......I believe this all was considered when they decided to arrest him.

Eyewitness Edward Cockerham, 49, told MailOnline: ‘I was interviewed by the police last night and I told them I thought the guy was acting, he was really over-reacting to the situation.

'I know he had lost his baby but he was acting up more than he should have been.
It seemed like acting to me. When he pulled in and people started asking him what had happened, he said that the baby had just started choking. - witness Rodney Smith

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz368lmSQ1g

(bbm)
I find these statements odd. I guess I would need to be there to see how, exactly, he was acting. I guess I would expect anyone who found their child dead to be freaking out. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words by the witness. Can anyone else shed any light on this? Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying! It seems there was also an actual hospital behind his work.

I'm trying to square it. Say you really, really didn't know your son was there. And somehow realized while driving. Even in panic, what would your instinct be? Even IF KP had no ER, and you knew that, what else could you do? Why not pull over and call 911? And/or wave down drivers? Or drive to the 1 of 3 places around the pizza shop that could help? Or a pharmacy? Why the heck a pizza shop?!

He wanted an audience........and witnesses to actually see him have the realization/reaction. Too bad for him that his acting skills were less than stellar.

I would a imagine that a parent soooo concern about his child dying in a hot car that he researched it, at work. Would have next searched for preventative ideas, tips...etc.

I'm sure there are mirrors or other devices...or FREE tips... Like putting his cell phone back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS!

Who is sooooo stupid they search HOW LONG and at what TEMPERATURE to cause the DEATH of a child???

Did they know NOT to leave the child in the car?

If they feared one of them could....what's the purpose of searching the "mechanics" of death?

Wouldn't any reasonably intelligent human being with such a fear search for ways to avoid FORGETTING their child in the car?????

That's exactly what I can't get past with this case, given those searches, even if unintentional (which I find almost impossible to believe) this child's death is inexcusable. If there were any hint that they tried to follow up with memory aids, something, ANYTHING to try and prevent this.... but they did nothing. INEXCUSABLE.

(bbm)
I find these statements odd. I guess I would need to be there to see how, exactly, he was acting. I guess I would expect anyone who found their child dead to be freaking out. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words by the witness. Can anyone else shed any light on this? Thanks!

I don't know if it's the same witness, but last week I heard a report where a witness mentioned that Harris was walking around shaking the branches on the trees while others attended to Cooper. It sounded very odd to me.

Again, holding out hope here that Cooper was drugged unconscious. This murder (imo) is bad enough without imagining conscious continual suffering.

It is one of the most brutal cases against a child that I've followed. Totally heartbreaking.

One Year ago RH posts on Reddit that he and his wife are looking for safe and reliable daycare because it looks like the one they chose is going to "fall through." He states that they are "getting desperate."

FWIW

Yes, because the normal reaction, even if this was a tragic accident, would be grief stricken and full of remorse. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if this happened. I would be second guessing and beating myself up far more than anyone could possibly beat me up.

Wouldn't that be the normal reaction of any innocent parent?

Oh yes... and in his situation, suicidal. jmo

Oh yes... and in his situation, suicidal. jmo

Popsicle, can you find a single case of a parent who killed themselves after the accidental death of their child, that they inadvertently caused?

There are too many cases to mention of people who kill themselves after/during purposely killing their children.

I'm talking about accidents here. I do agree, if he had killed his child on purpose, a suicide watch would be in order, and we wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself.

His behavior is typical of an accidental death. No reporters, no suicide.

I can see his defense now: "But I only gave him the ______ so he would sleep through the day, while I had him in the backseat!! I never meant to kill him!! I just couldn't pay for day care!"

no his only valid defense is "I forgot" It's an acceptable acceptable excuse for buckling a kid in a car & leaving them to die.

Parents who have killed their children using with method will back this up.

They & others will call it an accident. (they accidentally put the child in a carseat & drove somewhere & accidentally went to do something)

Implied in this defense is : it was just a baby, it's not like it was an adult

That bothered me as well. My son is entering his senior year, and there is no torment? What is she on about? Is she referring to puberty, or the heartache of a first girlfriend. Trust me, there are more joys in these years, than torment (for most children). But Cooper was only 22 months old. She couldn't predict what would happen in his teen years anymore than I could.

JMHO.

Mel

I agree for the most part. Suffering is relative. My eldest son (now almost 20) had a more traumatic adolescence than I ever could have imagined possible, but believe it or not, I never once wished I would have left him in a hot car to die at 22 months of age. I haven't specifically asked him, but I think he is OK with my decision too. My youngest isn't quite 14 and I'm leaning toward forcing him to survive adolescence as well. I never dreamed to was cruel or selfish to do so!

Thanks for clarifying! It seems there was also an actual hospital behind his work.

I'm trying to square it. Say you really, really didn't know your son was there. And somehow realized while driving. Even in panic, what would your instinct be? Even IF KP had no ER, and you knew that, what else could you do? Why not pull over and call 911? And/or wave down drivers? Or drive to the 1 of 3 places around the pizza shop that could help? Or a pharmacy? Why the heck a pizza shop?!
IMO a pizza shop because he didn't want professional medical personnel around or as few as possible. Running into a medical facility stating your child that expired hours ago was making noises would never fly.
He didn't even pull up in front of the store (which was maybe 75 ft further) He pulled up behind them! *where the delivery trucks go.

After you pass the pizza shop, there are no more public locations/stores etc for an additional mile or two.

The blue square is where he parked.
6epy8a9a.jpg

e4a2e2en.jpg

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25880681/georgia-toddler-death-who-is-justin-ross-harris

Who is sooooo stupid they search HOW LONG and at what TEMPERATURE to cause the DEATH of a child???

Didnt they know NOT to leave the child in the car?

If they feared one of them could....what's the purpose of searching the "mechanics" of death?

Wouldn't any reasonably intelligent human being with such a fear search for ways to avoid FORGETTING their child in the car?????

Does anybody really need to search the Internet for ways to remember their child? Wouldn't a diaper bag in the passenger front seat be enough?

Years ago, there was the case of Clare Engholm, "forgotten" in the car by her hospital administrator mother in a small town in Iowa. She "forgot" in a matter of blocks between dropping off her older child at daycare and arriving at the hospital. She claimed she did not "remember" the child until the end of the day after she arrived at the daycare to retrieve older child. She was prosecuted and the Judge believed her. A huge miscarriage of justice, imo.

IMO a pizza shop because he didn't want professional medical personnel around or as few as possible. Running into a medical facility stating your child that expired hours ago was making noises would never fly.
He didn't even pull up in front of the store (which was maybe 75 ft further) He pulled up behind them! *where the delivery trucks go.

After you pass the pizza shop, there are no more public locations/stores etc for an additional mile or two.

The blue square is where he parked.
6epy8a9a.jpg

This is so difficult to believe - in my opinion - that anyone would plan out a murder so carefully and yet botch it so badly. There ARE foolproof ways to kill a child that no one would ever suspect.

For him to have done the extreme amount of planning he's being accused of here - from going in late, parking far away, purposely pulling into a parking lot to discover his child with a crowd, purposely not going to a medical facility?

I won't post my ideas because they're really good - but in those cases you'd be above reproach. I think anyone here can come up with a darn good plan themselves. It wouldn't look like this.

no his only valid defense is "I forgot" It's an acceptable acceptable excuse for buckling a kid in a car & leaving them to die.

Parents who have killed their children using with method will back this up.

They & others will call it an accident. (they accidentally put the child in a carseat & drove somewhere & accidentally went to do something)

Implied in this defense is : it was just a baby, it's not like it was an adult

Excellent point tangelo. If he'd left a disabled adult in the car without means of escape there'd be no uproar about charges being filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member