CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Tonya Lynn, 38, Winder, 27 July 2011

WHY don't they investigate these men further when they have wives dying under suspicious circumstances??? :pullhair:

What the heck is going on in the world? I am sickened by all these women going missing because of a divorce or custody battle.

Why do these men think that life is better without them because, in reality, life in prison is worse. Sadly, many of these men also think that if they can't have them no one else will have them.

Prayers that Tonya is found soon and my hope is that she is safe somewhere.

EDIT: Oh my, I missed that they have found a body. Rest in Peace Tonya. :(

Yesterday, I received a private message on facebook that said the husband had been 'arrested multiple times in past'. It also said that there were 'three wives' (or 'significant others'). It also said that one died mysteriously in a 'hunting accident', the 2nd in a bathtub and now Tonya.

This is a small town northeast of Atlanta... Tonya and her family are pretty well known here by the locals who have been here all or most of our lives. It is very sad...

OMG, I concur with others...another Drew Peterson!

Body Identified

Family members identified the body late Friday, prompting police to file felony murder charges against her estranged husband, James Lynn Jr., on Saturday.

James Lynn was already in Barrow County jail on obstruction charges, after detectives concluded he gave them false information on his wife's disappearance, Winder police spokesman Chris Cooper said.

The Georgia Crime Lab is conducting an autopsy on Lynn's body Saturday, to pinpoint a cause of death.

Cooper said interviews with James Lynn and additional investigation led detectives to the well in a densely wooded area near the Gwinnett County border. Lynn also revealed some information about what had happened to his wife in those interviews.

Snipped: http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-winder-womans-body-1055502.html

Rest in peace Tonya. :rose:

Prayers for her family and her children.

These men are so selfish they don't think about their children and that they will be left orphened when they kill their mother and they are taken to prison all they think about is getting revenge. Why is it a better life if they spend their lives in prison rather than be divorced? I guess they are thinking about that at the time.

RIP, Tonya...

Another sad ending of a woman's life, a mother of four, someone's daughter, someone's friend, sister...

With the stories of late with wives being murdered by their husband, it makes me glad sometimes that I am single and unattached... And yet somehow, the fact I do feel that way sometimes seems so WRONG...

I live in this area. My DIL is a nurse at the medical center, as was my mom. Heard on the Atlanta evening news that Tonya had been located. These restraining orders seem so limp and ineffective in a case like this where someone is so intent on malice. So often, it's just a piece of paper that's really impossible to enforce.

She was found in a well, which makes me wonder about potential sites for Celine Cass if indeed she is not alive.

Hi from Lawrenceville.

Hi from Lawrenceville.

It is really getting bad in this part of Ga. Just a few days ago a female body was found on harbins road in Dacula. Have not heard anything else other than it was a female.

http://ww2.ajcmobile.com/wap/news/t...4950&cid=3195&scid=-1&ith=5&title=Latest News

Two days after James Lynn Jr. was arrested and charged with his third wife's slaying, authorities announced they are reviewing the circumstances of his first wife's death.
On January 13, 1990, a pregnant Julie Johnson Lynn was found dead in her Metter home from a single gunshot wound to the head. Family members remain convinced she did not take her own life, as was concluded by a Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner.
GBI spokesman John Bankhead confirmed Monday the agency is conducting a "preliminary review to determine if an investigation into her death needs to be reopened."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/11/03/james-lynn-conviction-overturned/18402489/

The Supreme Court of Georgia has overturned the murder conviction given to a man who beat his wife to death with a baseball bat and threw her body in a well. James Lynn was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing his third wife, Tonya, in July 2011.

He appealed to the state's high court, saying his original trial judge refused to allow him to present evidence of Tonya Lynn's extramarital affairs. James Lynn killed his wife after she told him she was sleeping with two other men.

"On appeal, (Lynn) contends that the trial court erred when it disallowed this additional evidence as irrelevant. We agree and reverse his conviction," a Supreme Court of Georgia justice wrote in Monday's opinion.

ugh. Like that justifies murder? Will there be a retrial?

Pretty disgusting implication the Georgia Supreme Court is making here ...

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2014/nov/03/supreme-court-reverses-conviction-of-winder-man/

Per this article, it appears Mr. Lynn's attorney believes the DA will seek a retrial. The defendant is not walking free - he is incarcerated now (the state can ask the SC to reconsider) and he will stay incarcerated during the 2nd trial. This is merely a temporary "relief" for this man. He will get convicted again even with evidence of the affairs - I'd bet my house on it. I'm an attorney in GA and spent some time in nearby DA's offices. I've seen plenty of defendants claim they killed their spouse after said spouse revealed an affair and flaunted it in their face. In all cases, the jury is not sympathetic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back