GA - Zachary and William Zulock charged for sexually abusing adopted boys and producing CSAM - 1/21/23

The worst thing, children who are perpetrated on, are more sexually aware than other children their age, and they often become perpetrators on those children, because the children who were molested have been groomed to think sexual activities are normal behavior.

The cycle continues unless those kids gets lots of therapy. But, they really will never be the same as they were before.

I was especially curious about the Orders granting immunity, so I got a copy from Peachcourt.com.
[I can't tell if the attachment is viewable or not - hope so!]

Attachments

• zulock.pdf
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
I was especially curious about the Orders granting immunity, so I got a copy from Peachcourt.com.
[I can't tell if the attachment is viewable or not - hope so!]
What do these mean in layman's terms?
I see suppression and immunity, and my first thoughts are that this is a bad thing. I am not even going to pretend I know much about law papers and terminology.
I'm so confused. Please send help.

For whatever it's worth, here's a partial listing of the docket from the last few weeks:

29 States Notice And Motion To Admit Child Hearsay Testimony 03/29/2023
34 Defendant Motion To Suppress Particularized 04/10/2023
35 Defendant's Objection To Admission Of Child Hearsay 04/10/2023
38 Notice To Appear 04/21/2023
39 Motion To File Additional Motions 04/28/2023
40 Special Demurrer To The Indictment 04/28/2023
41 Bill Of Particulars (Motion For More Definite Statement) 04/28/2023
42 Motion To Suppress 04/28/2023
43 Motion For Jackson Denno Hearing 04/28/2023
44 Motion To Adopt Co-Defendant's Motion 04/28/2023
45 Transcript - Motion Hearing - Court Date: 03/22/2023 05/04/2023
48 Defendant Zachary Zulock's First Amended Motion To Suppress 05/15/2023
52 Order Granting Zachary Jacoby Zulock Immunity 05/17/2023
53 Order Granting William Dale Zulock Immunity 05/17/2023
54 Request To Use A Recording Device Pursuant To Rule 22 On Recording Of Judicial Proceedings

I do apologise, I meant to reply to this post.
What does this mean? I think I understand that a child's evidence is being forwarded as hearsay via LE or someone else.
Defence is arguing that.
Then I am lost. What does it mean regarding #48 to 53?

From what I can see, #48 amends #42 by adding more basis for their Motion to Suppress. The defendant is claiming the search warrant was unlawful (because it was based on hearsay) and that any information obtained from the search be suppressed / kept from the jury at trial.

#53 above has to do with the defendants testifying against each other. I tried to post a pdf above. It says the parties "shall not be excused from testifying based on the privilege against self incrimination" but also that no testimony can be used against him/them in prosecution "a crime or offense concerning that which the witness testified." I don't understand what that means.

Regarding #53: they are offered immunity deal to make it so one can testify against the other. When they testify, it must be truthful and comprehensive AND that testimony can not be used against that person in their own case. The state will have to offer evidence and testimony beyond a reasonable doubt AND whatever they testified to in their partner's case can't be introduced at their trial. It is a get around for spousal privilege, I think. Since they are both charged with crimes and witnessed their spouse committing a crime, the state wants to box them in to testifying as to the others crime.

With their videotaped interviews and what they have each shared with relatives, they seem to be toast as it pertains to their innocence.

I hope those kids are in a loving home and can heal from these monsters.

From what I can see, #48 amends #42 by adding more basis for their Motion to Suppress. The defendant is claiming the search warrant was unlawful (because it was based on hearsay) and that any information obtained from the search be suppressed / kept from the jury at trial.

#53 above has to do with the defendants testifying against each other. I tried to post a pdf above. It says the parties "shall not be excused from testifying based on the privilege against self incrimination" but also that no testimony can be used against him/them in prosecution "a crime or offense concerning that which the witness testified." I don't understand what that means.
Thank you.
That makes sense to me. Well, I think it does. I think it means they are immune to testifying against each other. Or are they immune to NOT testifying against each other?
They are both so narcissistic they will do whatever they can to stop whatever they can. I really hope the prosecutor's are working just as hard.
I'm concerned they could get out of this.

Edited to add: I should have read the rest of the posts before posting. I'm sorry, @kaen. I had not read your post before I replied to GeorgiaRai.

These men make me sick! You adopt children to give them a better life not make their lives hell! Ugh. And special needs kids at that. The videos they made and distributed of the boys and this documented history of all they’d been made to do will live on the internet forever. I know I’m kidding myself to hope that the boys grow up to forget this depraved part of their life entirely but I can’t help it, I really do wish that for them.

For whatever it's worth, here's a partial listing of the docket from the last few weeks:

<snip>
52 Order Granting Zachary Jacoby Zulock Immunity 05/17/2023
53 Order Granting William Dale Zulock Immunity 05/17/2023

I haven't been following this case lately. So please tell me those two child molesters do not now have immunity??

I haven't been following this case lately. So please tell me those two child molesters do not now have immunity??

They haven't been granted immunity from prosecution. The court orders require them to testify against each other. The "immunity" refers to the fact that information they provide in the other person's case can't be used against them in their own case.

It seems the alternative would've been 5th amendment pleas since one's testimony against the other would/could also incriminate himself. This way, IMO, one's testimony won't be used to incriminate himself, but at least it can be used against the other. And vice-versa (there is a similarly worded order for each defendant.)

I feel confident that the evidence collected in the investigation, testimony of other witnesses, and testimony of each man's partner will be enough to convict without having to rely on self-incrimination. JMO.

Signing-up at the GA court website (link below) is free and it's easy to navigate. But, I'm having a difficult time seeing exactly what's gone on since May as there is a fee to view full documents, motions, etc. It does appear witness lists have been sealed, some tv/news outlets have made requests, and the lawyers have filed their "vacation" or office closed schedules. Maybe someone else can do a better job of understanding/relaying the info that's available (or has the finances to see the filings)... and report what's to happen next and when.

Thanks, so if i read this correctly, William Zulock now has immunity.

Actually they both have immunity?

41MotionMotion To Suppress - Motion To Suppress04/28/2023Winfrey, Reginald
42MotionMotion For Jackson Denno Hearing - Jackson-Denno04/28/2023Winfrey, Reginald
43MotionMotion To Adopt Co-Defendant's Motion04/28/2023Winfrey, Reginald
44ProceedingTranscript - Motion Hearing - Court Date: 03/22/202305/04/2023Thomson, Anne
45ProceedingTranscript - Motion Hearing - Court Date: 03/22/202305/04/2023Thomson, Anne
46MotionMotion - Defendant Zachary Zulock's First Amended Jackson Denno Motion05/15/2023Winfrey, Reginald
47MotionMotion To Suppress - Defendant Zachary Zulock's First Amended Motion To Suppress05/15/2023Winfrey, Reginald
48ProceedingCertificate Of Service05/16/2023Haldi, John
49ProceedingCertificate Of Service05/16/2023Haldi, John
50ProceedingAdoption Of Motions Filed By Co-Defendant05/16/2023Haldi, John
51ProceedingOrder - Gjranting Zachary Jacoby Zulock Immunity05/17/2023
52ProceedingOrder - Granting William Dale Zulock Immunity05/17/2023
53ProceedingReceipt For Property05/17/2023
54ProceedingRequest - Request To Use A Recording Device Pursuant To Rule 22 On Recording Of Judicial Proceedings05/17/2023Foster, Hon. Jeffrey L.
55ProceedingOrder Sealing Court Records05/24/2023
56OrderOrder Restricting Extrajudicial Statements05/26/2023Foster, Hon. Jeffrey L.
57ProceedingTranscript - Motion Hearing - Court Date: 05/17/202306/06/2023Thomson, Anne
58MiscellaneousNoticeofleaveofabsence07/20/2023Winfrey, Reginald
59MiscellaneousNoticeofleaveofabsence - Defense Counsel Notice Of Leave Of Absence08/18/2023Haldi, John

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back