Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

• He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

Votes: 68 15.9%
  • He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

Votes: 222 52.0%

• Total voters
I believe that this was an excuse GA made up on-the-fly when he was suspicious of KC taking the gas cans and needed a reason to get into her trunk to look for himself. I also think he was talking about the kind of wedge that keeps the car from moving, something you would jam under the tire to lock the car into place.

I believe that this was an excuse GA made up on-the-fly when he was suspicious of KC taking the gas cans and needed a reason to get into her trunk to look for himself. I also think he was talking about the kind of wedge that keeps the car from moving, something you would jam under the tire to lock the car into place.

Yup, in GA's interview, he tells detectives that he was making up and excuse to check out the car.

Obviously Caylee was someplace until Casey decided to move her again..when she was badly decomposing.

Casey had her [ Caylee ] hidden then moved her maybe more than once?

That is why the car stunk so badly.
But still Casey, began telling the[ Squirrel story] when again?

Somebody please find that week/day she began the squirrel story ,about it being" plastered "to the undercarraige of the car?

then beside that put GA JUNE 24th thing.
let's compare that timeline.:confused:

Could she have run Caylee over with the car ?
Is there anything under the car to indicate that?
Any" Caylee DNA "underneath of it?

I am trying to find where someone on WS mentions that Casey ran in front of him and blocked him from seeing in the trunk. I heard GA say (or I read) in some interview where he admitted that KC basically threw the cans at him saying here is your stupid gas cans... I am paraphrasing but I figured she thought it better to admit defensively that she had his cans and throw the conversation off him looking in the trunk.
Kids know when their parents have another agenda. I assumed she totally blocked him from looking in trunk. Here is one link where it mentions her going ahead of him to beat him to the trunk first. I think throwing the cans at him was a smoke screen.
Same link but wanted to make sure it worked.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/detail.jsp?key=168155&rc=top&full=1

I am trying to find where someone on WS mentions that Casey ran in front of him and blocked him from seeing in the trunk. I heard GA say (or I read) in some interview where he admitted that KC basically threw the cans at him saying here is your stupid gas cans... I am paraphrasing but I figured she thought it better to admit defensively that she had his cans and throw the conversation off him looking in the trunk.
Kids know when their parents have another agenda. I assumed she totally blocked him from looking in trunk. Here is one link where it mentions her going ahead of him to beat him to the trunk first. I think throwing the cans at him was a smoke screen.
Same link but wanted to make sure it worked.

Lee talks about this incident in his interview with LE as well. You might want to listen to that as well.

This might have been said before and forgive me if it has.. Too much to remember on this case :crazy: But maybe George did see in the trunk but didn't see Caylee because maybe Caylee was stuffed :( in a duffle bag??? If that is the case, then he may not have even thought twice about it.. maybe??????? He did mention that Casey had a lot of duffle type bags..

Hello everyone. Longtime lurker, first post.

I remember the George Anthony video interview with Greta. He made it clear that Caylee was not in the trunk and that there was no smell. He was very low key- seemed to be ashamed that his daughter stole the gas cans. "Gee whillickers" kinda moment.

Now I'm reading his sworn statement and it's a whole different scenario- with her outrunning him to the trunk and cursing at him, throwing the gas cans down and slamming the trunk shut.

I don't know why he lied, but he did and now I no longer believe anything he has said.

JoAnn_W

Hello everyone. Longtime lurker, first post.

I remember the George Anthony video interview with Greta. He made it clear that Caylee was not in the trunk and that there was no smell. He was very low key- seemed to be ashamed that his daughter stole the gas cans. "Gee whillickers" kinda moment.

Now I'm reading his sworn statement and it's a whole different scenario- with her outrunning him to the trunk and cursing at him, throwing the gas cans down and slamming the trunk shut.

I don't know why he lied, but he did and now I no longer believe anything he has said.

JoAnn_W

Maybe Caylee was "bagged up" therefore George didn't see her. He wasn't expecting to find a dead body in the trunk. Maybe there were other things in the trunk as well. I don't think Caylee would be in the trunk exposed.. I think she would have been covered therefore he didn't see her.. :blowkiss:

IMO George’s got some explaining to do… I do think that Casey carried Caylee around in the trunk for days and he had to have smelled the cadaver or seen the body.

Here is how I came to this conclusion…

JUNE 18th: Casey’s flurry of phone calls - Note the time—she calls to make sure no one is home:
12:33 to home
12:34 to mom’s cell
12:35 to home
12:36 to dad’s cell
1:09 to mom’s cell
1:11 to home
1:30 to 2:30pm Casey borrow shovel from Anthony’s neighbor. He notes car backed into the garage (unusual occurrence).
2:30-2:45pm Casey returns the shovel to the neighbor.

Some key things here:
Let’s first look at the typical June weather in Florida: hottest and very humid especially bad between 1:30-2:30PM. Ask any Floridian - no one can’t stand being outside to do hard physical labor during those hours.
Casey is a petite-size girl who is a socially outgoing “party girl” She is not experienced with gardening nor with any hard labor.
Time necessary to bury a person: you would need more than one hour to complete this task. Ask any gardener and they will tell you that more than one hour is needed to dig a hole large enough to bury a small person. Casey knows her family does a lot of yard work so she needed to dig deep enough or her family might find the body.

My theory: I think Casey was carrying Caylee in the trunk that day; thus reason to back the vehicle into the garage; brought Caylee into a hidden backyard spot (sandbox; cadaver dogs hit on that). She began digging but soon realized that the job was not easy as she thought requiring more time and she did not have enough time. So she returned the shovel and placed Caylee back in the trunk to come up with alternate plan or to return at a different time. She did not have another place to hide Caylee so she drove around with the baby in the trunk for days June 18-26th

Sometime along those dates, gas cans are stolen from the Anthony’s shed. Casey’s boyfriend Tony drives her to the Anthony home in his car. Now why was that? Was her car smelling a little off at this point therefore she came up with some excuse to have Tony give her a ride? Was Tony part of a “Casey plan” to be there to lookout for her (getting him involved involuntarily)??? Was Casey afraid to go home in her own vehicle and run risk of running into a confrontation with her parents who would ask where is Caylee and why do you need gas cans? Was she afraid to let them go in the vehicle and have them open the car/trunk??? WHY??

After the gas cans were stolen, I think Casey drove around looking for possible spots to torch the vehicle. Everywhere she looked the swampy areas are just too much to handle for a “girly” girl like Casey. If these are areas that even Texasequusearch had to give up, how can a girly girl like Casey walk deep in the woods full of mosquitoes, swampy alligators, etc to hide a body? This is not something she can do on her own. Also for this plan to work she would need a ride back from the desolate areas she is looking around (who is she going to trust to provide her one?). The clock is ticking... but is is possible that she she knows at this point that since Tony and Amy are going to be travelling that she can work something out by driving Tony’s or Amy’s car to a hidden remote spot, then ride back using public transportation or something.

June 24th 10am Tuesday: Shed at Anthony family home found having been broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief. George makes a police report.

Later (around noon) Casey visited Anthony home. Casey tells George “it’s too bad what happened in the shed”. George wanted to get something out of the trunk of her car that he was going to use to do some work on another car. Now here is where GA gets inconsistent, he told LE he did not look in the trunk, but he told Greta and other news sources he did?

2:40pm Casey posting things on Facebook: "hell, in the past 9 days, i haven’t even been living at the house. DRAMMMMMA."

June 25th: Phone calls between Amy and Casey: Casey tells her of a horrible smell in her car and she couldn't figure out what it was. Smell got worse “as the days progressed.” Casey thinks maybe her dad ran something over with the car when he borrowed it and that it smells like something died in her car. Casey also mentioned the engine as being the source of the smell.

My theory: Bits and pieces of the truth? Did GA not just find the gas cans but also the body of little Caylee hidden in the trunk? Did Casey take off and GA pursue her in a chase at that point? I think he did and was able to get Casey to come back and responded to the situation with his experience as a previous LE person and also one with little time to act at this point. He could have given Caylee “proper burial” perhaps in a spot deep enough in the backyard then seal the area with something on top (reports of concrete or new pavers in home July 4th? Reports of new shed as well?)

Late evening June 26th to early on the 27th: Car abandoned at Amscot. Purse in clear view on the front seat; the child seat was still in the backseat.

My theory: Women do not live purses behind! Only a guy would think of something like that as a set up. Abandon vehicle at an Amscot store, of all possible places who picked a check cashing place? So lets think here… a thief would likely see the purse, inside a vehicle that is parked at an Amscot. Thief assumes there is cash in there and either break into the vehicle leaving fingerprints or steal the car. Also positioning the vehicle next to a dumpster? Was the vehicle positioned there so that the garbage collector would see the purse? Or was it done to confuse LE to look for Caylee body in the city’s landfill? This had potential to confuse the crime scene. I think that this is something that George Anthony probably thought of - leave car next to a dumpster to confuse LE as to the whereabouts of the body and the rest are all afterthoughts (hey leave the bag open; next to an Amscot).

Early in July (date is dependant on Anthony's to clarify): First Notice of Registered Letter arrives but the Anthony's miss it. According to the them they miss the notice because the mailman “left it at the front door” and they walk in thru the garage door.

My theory: mailman never ever leaves those “pick up notes” at anyone’s door. Mail that is actual letters and official USPS notices are to be left only in a USPS approved mailbox container. As a matter of fact this is a postal regulation that ALL mail must be left at a USPS approved mailbox. Packages however can be left at the door if the mailman himself thinks it is ok. But not letters nor USPS official notices.

I think GA actually got the notice, realized car was impounded but needed to buy more time here (perhaps worried about the smell; Cindy finding out and freaking out, perhaps to buy pavers/shed for the back??).

July 15th- with all the incidents that went on that day it is interesting to note that George is not involved in locating Casey, bringing her home etc… According to some reports he disappears and is not answering his cellphone yet he does call Lee to the rescue? Or supposedly “he is sent to work” by Cindy. What father does that after all the things that went on that day? Someone who knows what has happened and is trying to maintain his cool? Or does he know that Cindy is most definitely going to become hysterical and does not want to deal with that? How can he know that?

Thank you for letting me share this super long post :rolleyes:
good points- I thought the same thing what postman leaves a registerd mail notice at the door? I thought it must be in mailbox also-something elsewonder why she felt the need to get AL's car washed right before picking him up? Maybe returned to a muddy area as many offenders do "return to the scene" to make sure everything is still hidden? would it need a wash with all that rain?

Maybe Caylee was "bagged up" therefore George didn't see her. He wasn't expecting to find a dead body in the trunk. Maybe there were other things in the trunk as well. I don't think Caylee would be in the trunk exposed.. I think she would have been covered therefore he didn't see her..

That is not what i was focussing on. One story he claims he saw in the trunk, the next story he didn't see the trunk.

JoAnn_W

This is very puzzling because in the audio interview I heard, he comes across as caring and sincere. But the drumming fingers, which I dismissed at first, seems to indicate that he was extremely nervous, maybe even giving false information. If he has nothing to do with Caylee's death and body disposal, why would he be so nervous?

I also think the changes in the story he gave to Greta VS are suspicious. But then the entire family has been changing their stories since they realized the implications of what KC had done.

something elsewonder why she felt the need to get AL's car washed right before picking him up? Maybe returned to a muddy area as many offenders do "return to the scene" to make sure everything is still hidden? would it need a wash with all that rain?

I've done that when returning borrowed cars, along with filling up the tank and checking the oil. I saw what she did as a way of saying "thank-you."

JoAnn_W

good points- I thought the same thing what postman leaves a registerd mail notice at the door? QUOTE]

I've had mailmen routinely leave notices on my door, either taped or jammed in. I live in a condo, where there is a bank of mailboxes. They fill those and then try to deliver the notices. If you don't answer, they leave it on the door, they don't return to the bank of boxes.

When I lived up north, mailmen would put mail in the mailslot of your door. Here, some cities demand that the homeowner (single family homes) have a mailbox on the street, accessible from the mail truck, or they don't get delivery.

I mention that because I think delivery rules change by the needs of the area. Maybe a USPS employee can clarify this..

What was Caseys fascination with gas cans? Didn't she, at one point, ask Amy to take her to the store to buy one too? :waitasec:

It almost sounds to me like George did a little stake out himself. Trying to catch Casey coming to the house while they're gone. Would he have stayed home from work that day and made Casey think he was working? I think he would. He's former LE.. I really think so.

He was sure that his presence there startled her. That's a weird thing to be looking for.

From what I recall, GA and CA went to the bank that day to deposit the government rebate check. GA forgot something so had to go home before he went to work. KC thought he left for work already and was surprised when she found him there. He probably didn't pursue the gas can issue with KC at the time because he would have been late for work if he did. I think he stated this in his interview with LE.

What was Caseys fascination with gas cans? Didn't she, at one point, ask Amy to take her to the store to buy one too? :waitasec:

Because her car kept running out of gas. During the timeframe she was asking Amy about gas cans (June 27-30), the car was sitting at Amscot, out of gas. Casey had already given George back his gas cans, so she needed one to put gas in the car. Amy bought her a can at Target the afternoon of the 30th. Later that day after Amy went to work, Casey probably drove over to Amscot in Tony's jeep, intending to put gas in the car- but by that time, the car was gone. :eek: The Amscot manager had had it towed that day.

From what I recall, GA and CA went to the bank that day to deposit the government rebate check. GA forgot something so had to go home before he went to work. KC thought he left for work already and was surprised when she found him there. He probably didn't pursue the gas can issue with KC at the time because he would have been late for work if he did. I think he stated this in his interview with LE.

If GA is correct about the date and telling the truth she tore in and out of there like a bat out of hell! If you look at the pings for that day, she couldn't have spent more than 10-15 minutes at the A's that afternoon! Sounds like their exchange was extremely brief and she certainly didn't give him a chance to snoop around the car.

MOO

I believe this is what GA testified to the GJ about. The fact that she was insistant that he not go into or near the trunk that day. I believe the story is true, he recovered the cans because she handed them to him. I could not make a selection because none fit my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back